Heading the ball

smcc

Over the past few years discussions about heading the ball have centred on the effects on the brain. One thing that has always interested me is why so many players close their eyes when heading the ball. There is a piece in today's Herald about Ryan Jack accompanied by a picture of him rising to head the ball against Serbia, with his eyes screwed tight shut. When I was a young boy(a very long time ago) I was always taught to keep my eye on the ball when heading it.

Perhaps this explains the many misdirected headers prevalent in today's football.

1 minute ago, smcc said:

Over the past few years discussions about heading the ball have centred on the effects on the brain. One thing that has always interested me is why so many players close their eyes when heading the ball. There is a piece in today's Herald about Ryan Jack accompanied by a picture of him rising to head the ball against Serbia, with his eyes screwed tight shut. When I was a young boy(a very long time ago) I was always taught to keep my eye on the ball when heading it.

Perhaps this explains the many misdirected headers prevalent in today's football.

Agree 100%.

The "art" of heading the ball has dwindled over the years I'm surprised they are trying to say they should stop practising in training as I don't think it's a big part of the training routine. 

There's been many "great" headers over the years, Drogba in the Champions league final a few years ago was a corker. (I hope he didn't have his eyes shut)

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Since you've long slipped into that state of mind that means your unable to comprehend anything, I'm quite happy you have me on ignore.

If you know he's got you on ignore, how stupid do you have to be to respond to him? :lol:

Perhaps you are suffering from MRE disease - Must.....Respond......to.....Everything.

Colloquially known as Bazil Syndrome.

Edited by oaksoft

I fell backwards off my Dad's Garage Roof when I was seven and landed on my head.

That may explain an awful lot of my life's history.

So be it, I am cool with those consequences. Better than dying at the time. :)

Anyway, never mind my brain damage.

I DO SEEM TO BE PERMANENTLY LIVING INSIDE QUITE A FEW PEOPLES HEADS ON THIS FORUM.  That fills me with glee:thumbsup

18 hours ago, oaksoft said:

If you know he's got you on ignore, how stupid do you have to be to respond to him? :lol:

Perhaps you are suffering from MRE disease - Must.....Respond......to.....Everything.

Colloquially known as Bazil Syndrome.

The nature of the ignore function on BAWA means often responses still get back to the person when either

1. They are quoted 

2. The person removes you from ignore because they use the ignore function as a statement of how upset they are

There is nothing "stupid" about continuing to post to someone that has you on ignore for these reasons, often they still keep an interest in your posts by responding to other people's replies. Very simple to understand, surprised you don't. 

A further caveat, if anyone wants to full ignore me, fine I would leave them to it but I would include not bringing me up in other topics and raging over responses to me in that as well. 

16 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Easily faked.

Stick him on ignore.

Post screenshot.

Take him back off ignore.

No.

He was right.  

You ARE  a twat.

I do have him on ignore.  I don’t do ‘banality’ very well.

(For a small period,  on someone else’s PC in summer, my ignore list wasn’t functioning.  I saw some of his shit. And occasionally responded. My bad. I had to implement ignore again.)

1 minute ago, antrin said:

No.

He was right.  

You ARE  a twat.

(For a small period,  on someone else’s PC in summer, my ignore list wasn’t functioning.  I saw some of his shit. And occasionally responded. My bad. I had to implement ignore again.)

Oh but you do. 

38 minutes ago, antrin said:

No.

He was right.  

You ARE  a twat.

My comment was aimed at Faraway's ignore list.

How dd you manage to construe that as an attack on YOUR ignore list?

45 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

My comment was aimed at Faraway's ignore list.

How dd you manage to construe that as an attack on YOUR ignore list?

My comment was aimed at your quoting of the erse.

THAT undermining of MY ignore list made you a twat, imho.       :whistle

2 hours ago, antrin said:

But, but....

...Quantum Mechanics is only the understanding of the simplest of building blocks...  :unsure:

ETA:

If you don't quote the erse, I won't see his shite.  Couldn't be simpler.

I have never heard the words "only" and "simplest" used in the same sentence as "Quantum Mechanics" before. I salute your bravery.

If you are going to quote (or should I say 'quite'? 🤣) one of the village idiots (Yflab), then I am going to continue to quote Faraway. 😛

We should come to some arrangement.

• 2 weeks later...