Fans to return - Engllish Leagues

oaksoft

BBC announcing that 4000 fans will be allowed to attend matches after lockdown ends and for tier 2 areas I think.

About bloody time.

We can't cower under the bedsheets from this thing forever. Especially when death rates are so low.

Wonder whether Sturgeon will stop panicking and do the same up here?

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

BBC announcing that 4000 fans will be allowed to attend matches after lockdown ends and for tier 2 areas I think.

About bloody time.

We can't cower under the bedsheets from this thing forever. Especially when death rates are so low.

Can't blame her entirely. Her chief medical officer is a dentist with bad teeth.

Johnson has confirmed that outdoor venues that are in Tier 1 areas (of lowest risk) will be allowed to host 4,000 spectators or fill 50% of their capacity (whichever is lower).

Outdoor venues in Tier 2 areas will be able to welcome 2,000 spectators or 50% of their capacity back into their stadiums.

Only supporters from areas with Tier 1 and Tier 2 restrictions will be able to attend however, as those based in Tier 3 zones will continue to be shut out. - Will "they" be able to enforce that? 

Under the new rules, areas in Tier 3 will still be forced to play behind closed doors under the new rules.

We've got 5 Tiers so it'll be different for us but my reckoning only the Highland (Ross County in our division) & Dumfries & Galloway clubs would be affected at present - feel free to correct to correct me if I'm wrong. 

Strangely enough our aromatically challenged cousins from down the road may be able to attend matches before us.

29 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

We've got 5 Tiers so it'll be different for us but my reckoning only the Highland (Ross County in our division) & Dumfries & Galloway clubs would be affected at present - feel free to correct to correct me if I'm wrong. 

Strangely enough our aromatically challenged cousins from down the road may be able to attend matches before us.

ICT had fans at their game last sat. 

11 hours ago, oaksoft said:

About bloody time.

only if you promise to vote SNP

I really do hope the clubs (especially ours) have been using the long lay off to work up scenarios (plan A, B, C etc) so as when we can get in there is no delay.

This raises the debate again, if it’s season ticket holders first - the club makes no real additional revenue.
Exactly and given we may finally be a matter of 3 or 4 months away from removing the vast majority of restrictions, I suspect clubs at our crowd levels and above will be happy to sit tight for now. Why create a risk when the end is very much in sight, there is no way us having every 2nd seat occupied meets social distancing requirements. I for one would now prefer to wait for restrictions to lift in the spring rather than attend some half way house for a few games.

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
On 11/23/2020 at 5:53 PM, RichardBuddie said:
I really do hope the clubs (especially ours) have been using the long lay off to work up scenarios (plan A, B, C etc) so as when we can get in there is no delay.

This raises the debate again, if it’s season ticket holders first - the club makes no real additional revenue.

Exactly and given we may finally be a matter of 3 or 4 months away from removing the vast majority of restrictions, I suspect clubs at our crowd levels and above will be happy to sit tight for now. Why create a risk when the end is very much in sight, there is no way us having every 2nd seat occupied meets social distancing requirements. I for one would now prefer to wait for restrictions to lift in the spring rather than attend some half way house for a few games.

6 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Definitely. Since we'd need to move the ground to England. 🙃

The thread had moved onto our/Scottish viewpoint.

Nice attempt but massive fail. :byebye