Forgive me for placing this tribute to Maradona in the most prominent page on the B&WA.  For me and for many fans throughout the world he was football's greatest player in the history of the game.  His skill was undeniably iconic and his achievements worshipped. 

I would hope our club at our next home game will pay a silent tribute to him.

20 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Forgive me for placing this tribute to Maradona in the most prominent page on the B&WA.  For me and for many fans throughout the world he was football's greatest player in the history of the game.  His skill was undeniably iconic and his achievements worshipped. 

Maybe our players could TAKE THE KNEE for one of the biggest cheats in World Football. 

We TAKE THE KNEE for Racists and Terrorists , so why not him 

39 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

I'm sure the English boys will love to do that, very popular down there since about 1986 

Watching ITV's 'tribute' to Maradona the greatest footballer in the world they just can't get over a single incident where Maradona uses his hand.  The programme wasn't about the attributes Maradona but the disappointment of England.   But I sympathise since there's never been an English player who has cheated in the game of football.

A Saints player punching the ball into the net for us to win the League Cup in 2013 would kill the whole occasion stone fecking dead.

It would be 2010 Final all over again.

Feck the lifting of the Cup

Feck running round Hampden with the Cup.

Feck the Open Top Bus and subsequent celebrations.

It would be a shite moment in our history.

Shameful

Feck The Cheats everywhere.

Feck Maradona, Thierry Henry, Ross Stewart , John McDonald and the the rest of the moronic cheats.

FECKEM

I was very disappointed that the club didn't pay tribute to Maradona.

Was spending less than a minute too inconvenient?  I respect Tony's football philosophy and appreciation for great football players but this decision by the club was totally parochial.

Maradona was an inspiration to both school kids and top professional players - a legend.

13 hours ago, Slarti said:

Apparently his doc is being investigated for involuntary manslaughter.

The state he was in, such a timely slipping away should be accepted by the family.  My guess is they're only doing it for any possible money.

He would have known himself that, for a once great athlete, eking out the rest of his severely curtailed existence was unacceptable.

The state he was in, such a timely slipping away should be accepted by the family.  My guess is they're only doing it for any possible money.
He would have known himself that, for a once great athlete, eking out the rest of his severely curtailed existence was unacceptable.
He reportedly pushed him during an argument.

Just now, Slarti said:
2 minutes ago, antrin said:

He reportedly pushed him during an argument.

Passionate Latins, eh?!!

I watched again the excellent Maradona documentary that was on Film4. 

Such an incredible player, but with so many human flaws.

It’s no surprise that he got addicted to cocaine and booze living the life he had. The incredible pressure he was under as one of the most famous people on the planet must have taken its toll. I doubt many of us would have been able to resist the temptations put in front of us to try and escape that reality. 
As his family said he basically had a split personality. To them he would always be Diego trying to put his family first, but most of the time he had to be Maradona and live that life. 

I will always treasure the footballing talent that I witnessed at Hampden way back in ‘79. 
Was a privilege to watch him at Hampden in the flesh. And as a Napoli fan he is a God. Think him and Pele are on the level. I know younger fans won't seen a lot of Pele. But take it from a old guy he was a genius. RIP DIEGO THANKS FOR THE MEMORIES. FORZA NAPOLI [emoji1033][emoji634]