St Mirren v Aberdeen

munoz

Thought I'd start another matchday thread given we've won the last 2 I've started.

Would be great if we can do the double over Aberdeen next week, but I imagine this game might be more difficult with the Dons having players back. That said, I still think we now have enough about us to give most teams a hard game.

Saints to stretch their unbeaten run.

1 minute ago, munoz said:

Thought I'd start another matchday thread given we've won the last 2 I've started.

Would be great if we can do the double over Aberdeen next week, but I imagine this game might be more difficult with the Dons having players back. That said, I still think we now have enough about us to give most teams a hard game.

IMO depends on what St MIrren turn up.

Yesterdays team/performance and we, irrespective of what players Aberdeen have back, have a decent chance.

Any of the league cup team/performance and we'll get pumped.

Oh, Goodwin, who, quite rightly, has come in for criticism, deserves praise for setting us up to be on the front foot from the off yesterday.  

That, IMO, was as much the reason we were all over them than them being slow out of the blocks. 

Will be interesting to see if Shaughnessy, Mason, Erhahon or Flynn will come in, or will Goodwin stick with the winning team from yesterday. It's great to have good options for the 1st time in a while. 
Shaughnessy is still suspended and Mason may not be fit. Probably be as you were at the back. Flynn won't start but can see Erhahon coming back in possibly for Cammy.

I wouldn't alter the shape at all as Durmus and Connolly both gave them problems and us options.

Will be interesting to see if Shaughnessy, Mason, Erhahon or Flynn will come in, or will Goodwin stick with the winning team from yesterday. It's great to have good options for the 1st time in a while. 
Shaughnessy is still suspended and Mason may not be fit. Probably be as you were at the back. Flynn won't start but can see Erhahon coming back in possibly for Cammy.

I wouldn't alter the shape at all as Durmus and Connolly both gave them problems and us options.

If the Saints win next week then please continue with starting the match day threads. You should then be the only one allowed to do so. If Saints lose next week then be cast out into the darkness, never to start match day threads for eternity [emoji6]

ok, for just a moment, whilst it would be perfect to do the double over Aberdeen, and that's not something we do very often, if you had to chose just one win, would you rather have a victory in the League Cup game, or a victory in the League next Saturday?

3 hours ago, The Original 59er said:

ok, for just a moment, whilst it would be perfect to do the double over Aberdeen, and that's not something we do very often, if you had to chose just one win, would you rather have a victory in the League Cup game, or a victory in the League next Saturday?

Both.  :)

I'm a St Mirren supporter.

There is NO alternative.

League for me bud. But it is what is better just get on with it and get stuck in. Coys

They will have a couple of under 21 players back obviously Ferguson and the sevco loanee we will three first picks back so I think we will fox them again and win comfortably we have a very solid squad

I think this will be a tougher game as they have some key players back. 

I think we need to go the same team and take the game to them as we did at times at the weekend. I don’t think Aberdeen are as great as they are made out at times. 

COYS

1 hour ago, Mid Calder Saint said:

They will have a couple of under 21 players back obviously Ferguson and the sevco loanee we will three first picks back so I think we will fox them again and win comfortably we have a very solid squad

Apparently McRorie will not be back this weekend according to McInnes at the weekend.

I'd certainly for a few long(ish) distance shots to start with to see if  the jitters are still there and play Dennis up front just to mix it up a bit.

I noted that McGrath had commented JG had been instructing the midfielders to shoot more often. I hope they carry out those instructions.

I do not expect Lewis to make any errors, but if you don’t shoot you’re never going to score.