St Mirren v Aberdeen

munoz

6 minutes ago, herman_munster said:

An excellent chance to get off the bottom of the league and we have blown it.

We are simply not good enough, a long hard season ahead for saints, I fear 

for us, the covid saga, and the police investigation is really hampering progress

for St Mirren.

What match were you watching?

We are not the finished article just yet but we are night and day better than last season.

We had few failures today other than the 3 strikers.

Edited by northstbuddie

3 minutes ago, st jock said:

How on earth Erwin gets on really is strange. He offers nothing. Get him punted

On for his physicality I would say at crosses. Obika offers zero for bravery. Having said that I thought Obika put in a good shift today. Erwin looks a complete carthorse. I'd go easy on Dennis he was hardly on ?

Frustrating as hell. Strikers (or dearth of) are undoing the good work of everyone else. That Erwin miss is criminal at this level. Simply go to somehow find more composure in front of goal. Elsewhere bar the marking for their goal we are absolutely fine but the lack of finishing is crippling.

Very good performance, we are a much better side than last season. However, let down again by failing to take chances and strikers struggling for confidence. Erwins miss at the end sums him up.

Even though we have now gone bottom, based on the last few weeks we wont stay there.

Just now, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Given Morias' assist last week and his work-rate I was expecting him to come on.  Has Dennis done anything since he came here?

Yes, he has taken up lots of time on the physio table and does a great impression of a football player that is out his depth 

Just now, lenziebud said:

I thought we were excellent today. Dominated Aberdeen the whole match. Huge positives and won't be bottom for long on that performance. Need to perform like this away from home and we will be well out of relegation fears. Goodwin doing a really good job

Dominated Aberdeen the whole match. Great magic but still didnt win and you are saying we have to do this away from home which so far not even came close in any match yet.

46 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

I thought we were excellent today. Dominated Aberdeen the whole match. Huge positives and won't be bottom for long on that performance. Need to perform like this away from home and we will be well out of relegation fears. Goodwin doing a really good job

While it's early days and no need for the usual negative knee jerk reaction THIS is going in the opposite direction.

We've scored 8 goals in the league this season, we will not win many games with that strike rate.

Oh, I agree we've played well in the last two games but it's still 50/50 we end up in the bottom 2. 

Edited by faraway saint