St Mirren v Aberdeen

munoz

Maybe if the delivery to Obika was more accurate,  he'd have a better chance of scoring. Put in a good shift today and we definitely looked less of a threat after he went off.
Obika maybe the best we have but he is reactive and not proavtive. You rarely see him peel away from his marker to create space for himself. He cannot read a cross or find space. He rarely gets a header on target or shoots outside the six yard box.

Today we made loads of chances but it all falls apart in the box. How I wish we had someone like Nicky Clark or any other half decent striker as I think we are playing some really attacking football creating loads of chances.

7 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Obika maybe the best we have but he is reactive and not proavtive. You rarely see him peel away from his marker to create space for himself. He cannot read a cross or find space. He rarely gets a header on target or shoots outside the six yard box.

Today we made loads of chances but it all falls apart in the box. How I wish we had someone like Nicky Clark or any other half decent striker as I think we are playing some really attacking football creating loads of chances.

Probably best to agree to disagree on Obika's merits. 

He obviously divides supporters opinions of him.

Nicky Clark is not better than Obika imo.

The difference in recent matches is that we are competing in, and often controlling, the midfield - unlike the whole of last season.

It is no longer painful/depressing to watch our recent performances and if we can maintain these standards and avoid injuries/suspensions, I have no fears about us being threatened by relegation this season - if it comes to a conclusion.

Hopefully we will finish mid table.

I think we are a far better team than Dundee Utd but they are in the top six and we are bottom. The last time we played them we had 16 shots to their 4. They create few chances. Even the 2-1 defeat at Tannadice when we had 10 men they only had one more shot than us (17 v 16). But in spite of lack of chances they have Clark who is their 3rd choice striker score 7 goals this season. He is an instinctive striker who doesn't need to take multiple touches to control a ball. Not the greatest but someone who would increase his rate on the chances we create.

But we'll agree to disagree.

31 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

The difference in recent matches is that we are competing in, and often controlling, the midfield - unlike the whole of last season.

It is no longer painful/depressing to watch our recent performances and if we can maintain these standards and avoid injuries/suspensions, I have no fears about us being threatened by relegation this season - if it comes to a conclusion.

Hopefully we will finish mid table.

I have absolutely no doubt we will be bottom or 2nd bottom. Can play all the nice football you want but if u cant put ball in net ur f**ked!

53 minutes ago, Sonny said:

Lets stop making excuses for him, Obika is fecking honking!

Yet again Doyle-Hayes ran the show in midfield. McGrath is coming onto a game too. Connolly doesn't give defenders a moment's peace with his runs.

Our strikers are mince.

Obika is the best of a bad lot IMO

I had hoped that Erwin could score a few. Looks like I was wrong.

23 minutes ago, delpierro said:

Just saw highlights: never a penalty and never a sending off.

Stonewall penalty.

Arm was out from his body, in an unnatural position, making his, body unnaturally bigger. Those are the rules.

It is an offence if a player: 

• deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, including moving the hand/arm towards the ball
  • scores in the opponents’ goal directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper
  • after the ball has touched their or a team-mate’s hand/arm, even if accidental, immediately:
    • scores in the opponents’ goal
    • creates a goal-scoring opportunity
  • touches the ball with their hand/arm when:
    • the hand/arm has made their body unnaturally bigger
    • the hand/arm is above/beyond their shoulder level (unless the player deliberately plays the ball which then touches their hand/arm

Fraser was penalised for one earlier, and he had turned his back to the ball, when a cross hit it.

Watched the whole match Ferguson after his first caution continued to mouth at the ref and my view he he got s second for continually fouling the boy thinks he is a superstar and has a lot to learn

Stonewall penalty.
Arm was out from his body, in an unnatural position, making his, body unnaturally bigger. Those are the rules.

It is an offence if a player: 

• deliberately touches the ball with their hand/arm, including moving the hand/arm towards the ball
  • scores in the opponents’ goal directly from their hand/arm, even if accidental, including by the goalkeeper
  • after the ball has touched their or a team-mate’s hand/arm, even if accidental, immediately:
    • scores in the opponents’ goal
    • creates a goal-scoring opportunity
  • touches the ball with their hand/arm when:
    • the hand/arm has made their body unnaturally bigger
    • the hand/arm is above/beyond their shoulder level (unless the player deliberately plays the ball which then touches their hand/arm
Fraser was penalised for one earlier, and he had turned his back to the ball, when a cross hit it.

2 hours ago, munoz said:

Yes but he is better finisher. Obika for me is a huge talent that is completeley unfulfilled. Having said that i think Jim made a mistake subbing him for Erwin today

We haven't scored more than 1 goal in a league game all season.
Not enough chances? Plenty chances, not prolific enough?
Doesn't really matter, we are bottom and that is the facts. We need to find goals, quickly.

We were not creating chances earlier in the season, however, we are now.

Goals will come.

8 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

Definitely a penalty but never a second yellow - however, it was a foul and Ferguson should have received the second booking for persistent fouling.

indeed.

He fouled McGrath at least a couple of times after his initial booking.

He can't even appeal it. What a shame.:)

General question, what has happened to B&W Army twitter page? Used to be decent but unfunny as feck know and updates etc are pish, is somebody else running it? Totally ruined it if so as the patter is honking...

11 hours ago, lenziebud said:

Yes but he is better finisher. Obika for me is a huge talent that is completeley unfulfilled. Having said that i think Jim made a mistake subbing him for Erwin today

maybe "huge talent" is over stating it, but he was allowed a poachers role and stopped having to drop back and hold the ball up for half an hour until the cavalry arrive, he could well be a modern day mark yardley on the goal scoring front.