St Mirren v Sevco League Cup Quarter Final 16/12/20

shull

It’s well known my predictions are usually spot on [emoji3] All good runs do come to an end, tonight could be the end of the new clubs run.

As other have said, let’s set up to win rather than accept defeat before the ball has been kicked.

Their 26 match unbeaten run ( sadly ) has been quite impressive built upon belief as much as anything else.

We should believe we can turn them over and we might just.

It’s hard to see them not scoring or getting a penalty or two.

Saints 2-1 Sevco

Why not ?

Faraway : you still backing my tips ? [emoji3]

See that attitude after we lost the equaliser? 

The refusal to let the heads drop or self pity to creep in or accept extra time as an outcome. So despite being outgunned, deciding to use the last few minutes of normal time to go for their throat.

That sort of attitude is what gets an entire fanbase onside whether you win or lose. Its never all been about winning or losing for us or we wouldn't be buds. You want a side who isn't scared and shows no respect. Our entire performance outwith the first 25 mins was great but the attitude from the 89th - 95th minute last night, at a point where they should have had their heads down and feel sorry for themselves was just incredible. 

2 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

Typical Daily Record reporting, all about Rangers failure and disappointment rather than St Mirren's glory.

Yeah, the "impartial " BBC isn't much better. 

Who cares, we're looking forward to a national cup semi final again. 

I think we have a squad that is finally starting to click with the changes and additions we have made.

Doyle-Hayes and Erhahon are keeping other really good players out of the team with their solid defensive and playmaking in the middle of the park.

Connolly has given us that pace we lacked and has been a complete menace to opposition

Durmus' return on the other side

A recognised left-back in Mason

Taits freedom to bomb forward

*McGrath's freedom to play behind the striker and cause a goal threat

Every single player is keeping their place on merit and the dropping of other players has been completely justified with a few just been unlucky to good form.

We have an even better chance of reaching the final now than we did back in 2013. 

I am so proud of the team and have to credit Jim for turning this around on a magnificent run, where he could have potentially been on a shaky peg previously. Players now starting to gel has given me hope that we can finish the season strong with the addition of another striker.

Edited by kevo_smfc
How could I forget McGrath!