St Mirren v Sevco League Cup Quarter Final 16/12/20

shull

I think what makes this victory even sweeter is the way we won it in that second half.  Typical Saints had us on that rollercoaster where agony, despair and ecstasy were all dished out.  To lose that equaliser with couple of minutes to go was a right boot in the stones but the reaction to that by the players was amazing .......... can you imagine the scenes if we had been in the ground !  Also, that second goal by McGrath I could watch all day long - Arfield & Goldson sent for a taxi to Paisley Cross 😀 Brilliant 🐼

Edited by Dare

14 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

He really didn’t mate. I listened to his interview. His exact words were that we deserved to win. Please don’t make me go find it coz I really can’t be arsed. 

ETA ach it wasn’t really that difficult in the end. 54 seconds in.

Yes ok, you win on a technicality  

17 hours ago, northstbuddie said:

How does that follow - where's the logic in your thinking there?

For once get behind the team and try to refrain from petty name-calling of fellow Saints fans.

Oh lighten up FFS, go wash your undies

This started because you said we would probably go on a losing streak after our historic win, that's really getting behind the team !!

You support St Mirren and I support St Mirren - get over it

16 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Oh lighten up FFS, go wash your undies

This started because you said we would probably go on a losing streak after our historic win, that's really getting behind the team !!

You support St Mirren and I support St Mirren - get over it

And a merry Christmas to you too.

Late to the party and still celebrating.

For me possibly the Saints greatest single moment since winning the cup in 2013. I know the Great Escape the Title the next year were fantastic but we not only beat Rangers, we scored three and competed well with them attack and counter attack - especially in the second half.

No smash and grab - a totally deserved win!

Edited by southsidebud

2 hours ago, southsidebud said:

Late to the party and still celebrating.

For me possibly the Saints greatest single moment since winning the cup in 2013. I know the Great Escape the Title the next year were fantastic but we not only beat Rangers, we scored three and competed well with them attack and counter attack - especially in the second half.

No smash and grab - a totally deserved win!

I said something similar to a guy at work today.

If it'd been a drab affair and Rangers were really off form with us sneaking a 1-0 then the achievement would have been much less.

It wasn't and that's what makes it a massive reslut/performance.