St Mirren v Sevco League Cup Quarter Final 16/12/20

shull

It’s well known my predictions are usually spot on [emoji3] All good runs do come to an end, tonight could be the end of the new clubs run.

As other have said, let’s set up to win rather than accept defeat before the ball has been kicked.

Their 26 match unbeaten run ( sadly ) has been quite impressive built upon belief as much as anything else.

We should believe we can turn them over and we might just.

It’s hard to see them not scoring or getting a penalty or two.

Saints 2-1 Sevco

Why not ?

It’s well known my predictions are usually spot on [emoji3] All good runs do come to an end, tonight could be the end of the new clubs run.

As other have said, let’s set up to win rather than accept defeat before the ball has been kicked.

Their 26 match unbeaten run ( sadly ) has been quite impressive built upon belief as much as anything else.

We should believe we can turn them over and we might just.

It’s hard to see them not scoring or getting a penalty or two.

Saints 2-1 Sevco

Why not ?

I can think of one good reason why we won't win tonight. [emoji6]

9 hours ago, antrin said:

Itten seems to be a quality player, imho.

St Mirren’s biggest hurdle for this game will be making JG actually believe there’s a snawbaw’s chance of beating Sevco.

He’s always shown the new club far too much respect, had the team hide, fail to attack and ultimately also fail in defence.

The ref will be little help, also.

yet I’m optimistic.  :)

Wearing a bit thin now. They're hardly a new club, they have been around for nearly 9 years. :whistle

At the risk of encouraging Shull, these programme covers really are awful aren’t they. I can’t say I care much. More an observation. Can’t remember the last time I bought a programme and whenever it was, it would’ve been because someone asked me to on their behalf. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

At the risk of encouraging Shull, these programme covers really are awful aren’t they. I can’t say I care much. More an observation. Can’t remember the last time I bought a programme and whenever it was, it would’ve been because someone asked me to on their behalf. 
While I agred with the point that the covers aren't great the club have decided on a 'brand' and stuck to it. There was some merit in adjusting that branding when it comes to the different competitions and that, along with one off covers for special events should be considered in future.

6 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Won’t make much difference, but no Morelos tomorrow for them.

2 game ban accepted

They got off lightly as far as I'm concerned. A disgusting challenge which could have resulted in a broken jaw. It was so obviously intentional as the wee animal was looking at the DU player and swung his arm. The rangers should have been a man down at 0-0 in that game AND he should have had the ban.  United should appeal for a 3-0 turnaround. 

5 minutes ago, Scott-Leeds said:

Won’t make much difference, but no Morelos tomorrow for them.

2 game ban accepted

Gerrard was right, there was no elbow but assuming he now admit there was a forearm. 

His record against us is decent, so glad the torn face wee git won't be on our pitch  :)

48 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

They got off lightly as far as I'm concerned. A disgusting challenge which could have resulted in a broken jaw. It was so obviously intentional as the wee animal was looking at the DU player and swung his arm. The rangers should have been a man down at 0-0 in that game AND he should have had the ban.  United should appeal for a 3-0 turnaround. 

:lol:

1 hour ago, saintargyll said:

With a chance of progression to the next round we need to achieve one of two things

score more than one goal

score all 5 penalties

We need belief we can win and that comes from the manager, see Goodwin talking in Express today about how magnificent Sevco are, ffs have belief in your players and talk them up. Don't mention the other team!

54 minutes ago, God of war said:

We need belief we can win and that comes from the manager, see Goodwin talking in Express today about how magnificent Sevco are, ffs have belief in your players and talk them up. Don't mention the other team!

It depends what he says in private to his squad. No harm in making the opposition think you feel it's a foregone conclusion as long as you're letting the players know it's paper talk and you believe in THEIR ability to hold their own.

51 minutes ago, God of war said:

Seems to me from the below exert Jim is bigging up his players his team. He mentions Rangers but is being honest not how magnificent they are. So is,Gerard the same by predicting a tough test. Show from below where Jim isnt showing belief in us.

Jim Goodwin wishes his players could grow eyes on the back of their heads to deal with the constant threat of Steven Gerrard ’s rampant Rangers side.76659595577

He hopes his club can use their underdog status once again to cause what would be an even bigger upset tomorrow night.

“Sometimes it’s a good thing. You don’t have to do a whole lot of motivating. They know they’re underdogs and sometimes that’s a nice tag because the level of expectation from outside the place is not that high. You can use that to your advantage.

“We just want to go and prove to people we are a decent team.

1 hour ago, paisleysaint1973 said:

Seems to me from the below exert Jim is bigging up his players his team. He mentions Rangers but is being honest not how magnificent they are. So is,Gerard the same by predicting a tough test. Show from below where Jim isnt showing belief in us.

Jim Goodwin wishes his players could grow eyes on the back of their heads to deal with the constant threat of Steven Gerrard ’s rampant Rangers side.76659595577

He hopes his club can use their underdog status once again to cause what would be an even bigger upset tomorrow night.

“Sometimes it’s a good thing. You don’t have to do a whole lot of motivating. They know they’re underdogs and sometimes that’s a nice tag because the level of expectation from outside the place is not that high. You can use that to your advantage.

“We just want to go and prove to people we are a decent team.

They cant stop us now

The tide is turning 

One thing we need to do is match the work rate of Rangers. They look fitter than any side we have played and work all over the pitch. I worry about the pace of Tait against Tavernier. 

Agree, but I think they need to be as concerned about the pace of Connolly.

Going by form it wouldn’t be a surprise if we get gubbed tomorrow. However....
Having followed tonight’s matches, there is a chance, however small that, if we play well and have a bit of luck, we can actually win this tie.

It would help if the they get a red card.

It would be helpful if Dallas manages not to give them a penalty......

Looking forward to the match though.