Financial irregularities

The club has not divulged the amount of money involved. But it emphasised that none of what is being looked at relate to playing or management staff. 

Who is left then.....🤨

Other than Kibble.....

Edited by thomsons dropped it
Nae idea

The Scottish Premiership club has called in forensic accountants to carry out what they call a "thorough review of a number of areas of its operations".

So not necessarily the club as a whole, but an individual within or someone forgot to post a cheque.  :whistle    

Edited by pod

The club has not divulged the amount of money involved. But it emphasised that none of what is being looked at relate to playing or management staff. 
Who is left then.....[emoji2955]
Other than Kibble.....
It sounds like an issue with contracted out services such as catering etc.

Some of our fans just can't wait to have the Kibble sentenced and executed before any real information is known. We're lucky LPM is away, he'd have an absolute rager over this lack of information. 🤣

My reading is it sounds more like something the Kibble have flagged through their auditing process. 

17 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
26 minutes ago, thomsons dropped it said:
Who is left then.....emoji2955.png
Other than Kibble.....

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
1 hour ago, thomsons dropped it said:
Who is left then.....emoji2955.png
Other than Kibble.....

Since when do the club handle NI contributions for the catering staff?

The club must have dozens of commercial agreements in place such as security, advertising, property maintenance, ticket sales, etc

Possibly coincidental but the club's annual financial report is normally sent out to shareholders towards the end of November, I enquired about it being overdue yesterday and was told the club was unsure when it would be made available - ties in with us (our auditors) noticing something wrong & telling the polis. 

Edited by Bud the Baker

Particularly enjoyed this from the comments section of the Herald article - wonder who he supports?

The dominoes are falling and the cartel that pushed the team into relegation are about to be exposed as utter chancers and financial basket cases. The honest Hearts profit announced all accounts paid. Doncaster must act and throw St mirren out of the league immediately. Award rangers the title and reinstate Hearts. Doncaster must resign.

Since when do the club handle NI contributions for the catering staff?
The club must have dozens of commercial agreements in place such as security, advertising, property maintenance, ticket sales, etc
I've no idea the terms of these contracts. Does the article say SMFC haven't paid NI or PAYE, I never read it that way. In connection with non payment in relation to contracts and sub contracts was the wording. It could be that a contractor hasn't been paying. Once you start using sub contractors it's difficult to keep track of everything.

Obviously if the allegation is SMFC have not been paying NI or PAYE then it probably rules out a contracted out service but I'm not sure that is the case. We are all just speculating here.

13 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Possibly coincidental but the club's annual financial report is normally sent out to shareholders towards the end of November, I enquired about it being overdue yesterday and was told the club was unsure when it would be made available - ties in with us (our auditors) noticing something wrong & telling the polis. 

That was my thoughts too. I'd imagine from the timing of the Kibble involvement tail end of last year, this is their first involvement with the annual accounts, so it may have been flagged during that process. 

The club must not trust anyone if they have had to make it public themselves so they can avoid speculation. 

20 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

I've no idea the terms of these contracts. Does the article say SMFC haven't paid NI or PAYE, I never read it that way. In connection with non payment in relation to contracts and sub contracts was the wording. It could be that a contractor hasn't been paying. Once you start using sub contractors it's difficult to keep track of everything.

Obviously if the allegation is SMFC have not been paying NI or PAYE then it probably rules out a contracted out service but I'm not sure that is the case. We are all just speculating here.

"It is understood that amongst the areas being focussed on are several commercial agreements, sub-contract arrangments and potential non-payment of PAYE (Pay As You Earn) and National Insurance."

We can only have an interest in the PAYE/NI of our own employees.