Financial irregularities

2 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:
2 hours ago, Mr Optimistic said:
But you are happy to spread a RUMOUR that the CEO of Kibble wants an artificial pitch at the ground so his kids can run around the stadium? Have you any idea how utterly ridiculous you sound?

Go away ya boring clown. I explained to you once. Thats enough.

Away and accuse somebody kicking ur chair ya wee pie!

Edited by Guest

They used to pay the ball boys cash in hand

50 pence a game.

Huge perks were.....

Free Entry to Match

HALF a pie and a Cup of Tea at half time.

Use of Luxurious Changing Facilities . ( Boiler Room )

Fecking spoilt so we were.

As far as my untrained eye can see, in July 2016 our then auditors JRD of Kilmarnock, resigned and said there were no issues of concern. Sinclair Scott (naw, he never played) of Ayr were appointed and they were then bought out by a large scale consolidator of accountancy firms, Baldwins under the name of Campbell Dallas Audit Services in 2018.

All of the accounts since 2010 (I haven’t looked at prior sets) provide a clean opinion except for one going concern qualification in 2011.

None of our audit reports has therefore raised any concerns previously. It looks to me, at least, like Kibble have had their auditors look at the books and they now have concerns.

I doubt you report yourself to the SPFL or the Police unless the matter is material.

The club should tell us how this unfolded and who the forensic accountants are so we can have some faith in the current investigation. They should withhold the details while this is ongoing however.

We should all be concerned but so should anyone else who missed this!

19 hours ago, santaponsasaint said:

I never said the kibble done anything. Your reading between the lines and coming up with your own answer. For my own reason I said I wasn't happy with them being involved. Never once did I say they were up to anything illegal. Or anything else. And yes I'm totally against plastic pitch being installed at SMP.

I'm sure that rumour was quashed over on Twitter by someone involved at the club in some capacity.

20 hours ago, Brilliant Disguise said:

Correct professionally is has nothing to do with SMFC. Provided this is the case.

However if one of your suppliers for example pays cash in hand to avoid PAYE, Corporation tax etc and you have knowledge of it or is doing on your premises then you are complicit in their crime.

An example of due diligence that has nothing to do with the current newspaper article. If your company signs up to the Living Wage Accreditation then you must ensure that not only your own staff but all of your suppliers staff who serve you are also on the living wage. The article sounds like this sort of practice is being looked at.

As stated lets see what changes are implemented as this is where the issue has come from.

Tax and NI carry legal duties and living wage accreditation is voluntary and not always audited

apples and oranges

On 12/2/2020 at 4:23 PM, Mr Optimistic said:

When the argument is well and truly lost resort to abuse. Have a good day 👍

It would appear to me that you are the one looking to start a fight in an empty hoose.......as ma dad wid say,   Santaponsasaint stated in his original post 'There was rumours about Jim Gillespie wanting a artificial pith at SMP' he then went on to say first and foremost St Mirren are a professional football club with  the first team and academy as the priorities.  His point being I would suggest; is that we need to keep a grass pitch to fulfil these objectives, and I for one heartily agree with him, so he lost no argument simply because you choose not to understand, or! well you can guess the other option. :)

1 hour ago, jaybee said:

It would appear to me that you are the one looking to start a fight in an empty hoose.......as ma dad wid say,   Santaponsasaint stated in his original post 'There was rumours about Jim Gillespie wanting a artificial pith at SMP' he then went on to say first and foremost St Mirren are a professional football club with  the first team and academy as the priorities.  His point being I would suggest; is that we need to keep a grass pitch to fulfil these objectives, and I for one heartily agree with him, so he lost no argument simply because you choose not to understand, or! well you can guess the other option. :)

You conveniently don't quote him in full. What he actually said was 'There are rumours about Jim Gillespie wanting a artificial pitch at SMP so his kids could run about the stadium.' It's so ridiculous, so absurd I thought it needed to be challenged. After todays COVID fiasco maybe the notion that we are a professional football club needs challenged as well?

50 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
3 hours ago, pod said:
Probably quite a few guilty of secret stashing.  Who would trust a bank. :unsure:

I trust banks 100% more than I would put my trust is some lowlife scum NOT breaking in and nicking cash stashed "under the bed" metaphorically speaking !

Never be miss sold then.