Financial irregularities

17 hours ago, Mr Optimistic said:

You conveniently don't quote him in full. What he actually said was 'There are rumours about Jim Gillespie wanting a artificial pitch at SMP so his kids could run about the stadium.' It's so ridiculous, so absurd I thought it needed to be challenged. After todays COVID fiasco maybe the notion that we are a professional football club needs challenged as well?

Simply offering my take on what was written, however the shit-fest arising out of what would appear to be our own lack of comprehension; does somewhat beggar belief. Personally I am not for looking for individuals to blame, lets be honest clearly there is LOTS of blame that COULD be attributed, but my feeling is as a club it's best to bite the bullet and get on with it and we fans should assume the club and individuals are now better informed.  I can appreciate fans on here being 'royally pissed' about it, but some of them act like the family dog who suddenly turns and bites the hands that feed it, incomprehensible, but it happens.  Looking forward to the next Aberdeen game COYS do us proud.

9 hours ago, pod said:

Probably quite a few guilty of secret stashing.  Who would trust a bank. :unsure:

7 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:
9 hours ago, pod said:
Probably quite a few guilty of secret stashing.  Who would trust a bank. :unsure:

I trust banks 100% more than I would put my trust is some lowlife scum NOT breaking in and nicking cash stashed "under the bed" metaphorically speaking !

There’s not much I detest more than utterly ignorant, lazy views about the trustworthiness of banks.

In 2008, a relatively small number of utter cunts f**ked over the whole banking industry and plunged economies into total chaos.

Since then, banks have taken great strides to ensure that not only would this never be likely to happen again, but if it somehow did, it would not affect the normal retail punter. 
But there will always be ill informed, clueless arseholes spouting the same old tired lines about so called “bankers” and banks.

33 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

There’s not much I detest more than utterly ignorant, lazy views about the trustworthiness of banks.

In 2008, a relatively small number of utter cunts f**ked over the whole banking industry and plunged economies into total chaos.

Since then, banks have taken great strides to ensure that not only would this never be likely to happen again, but if it somehow did, it would not affect the normal retail punter. 
But there will always be ill informed, clueless arseholes spouting the same old tired lines about so called “bankers” and banks.

Your comments do not  make a lot of sense. If it  is "never be likely to happen again"   but "if it somehow did". Anyway people like me who did lose money certainly have a different view from you on Banks and Bankers.

Once bitten twice shy.

16 minutes ago, hamlet said:

Your comments do not  make a lot of sense. If it  is "never be likely to happen again"   but "if it somehow did". Anyway people like me who did lose money certainly have a different view from you on Banks and Bankers.

Once bitten twice shy.

A lot won't forget the banks involvement with mis-selling.

50 minutes ago, hamlet said:

Once bitten twice shy.

Sorry, what are you talking about?

It wouldn’t have made sense if I’d said “it will never happen again, but if it did”.

You’ve made a bit of an arse of that mate. 

21 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Who's views are you talking about. :unsure:

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Why have they waited so long to explain this? Could have killed the story at the start of December. 

"There's is no such thing as bad publicity"  P.T Barnum

"There's only one thing worse than being talked about. and that is not being talked about" Oscar Wilde.  

"You lot are all idiots unlike me"  Oaksoft 

Oh no, what are the club doing in putting out a straight forward statement?  Such spoil sports  

Don't they realise they are just spoiling the fun of all our conspiracy theorists on here who are desperate to talk about fallouts between Kibble, SMISA and the club, Kibble finding grave financial errors in the books, possible financial irregularities that could scupper the buyout. 

No doubt they will find something else to moan about!

2 hours ago, bonzoboys said:

Oh no, what are the club doing in putting out a straight forward statement?  Such spoil sports  

Don't they realise they are just spoiling the fun of all our conspiracy theorists on here who are desperate to talk about fallouts between Kibble, SMISA and the club, Kibble finding grave financial errors in the books, possible financial irregularities that could scupper the buyout. 

No doubt they will find something else to moan about!

And dont forget , all the Jambos saying we're going bust too.... ( on social media)

Glad this can be put to bed, regardless of the message and timing I'm sure it was something hanging over most St Mirren fans. Decent news period for us off the park.

Accounts ✔️

Unfair SPFL forfeits ✔️ 

Financial irregularities ✔️

Hopefully we can kick on now and get business on the field back on track, starting with a return ticket to Hampden this weekend. 🕰️

No, Bazil...

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Glad this can be put to bed, regardless of the message and timing I'm sure it was something hanging over most St Mirren fans. Decent news period for us off the park.

Accounts ✔️

Unfair SPFL forfeits ✔️ 

Financial irregularities ✔️

Hopefully we can kick on now and get business on the field back on track, starting with a return ticket to Hampden this weekend. 🕰️

Unless the fans were/are perpetrators, I'd imagine it was water off a duck's back.

Why fret about something that has nothing to do with you or your family?

Why get angsty about something that has happened and over which you have no control?

Is there nothing else happening in the world currently that might be more worthy of sucking up your concern?

1 minute ago, antrin said:

No, Bazil...

Unless the fans were/are perpetrators, I'd imagine it was water off a duck's back.

Why get angsty about something that has happened and over which you have no control?

Is there nothing else happening in the world currently that might be more worthy of sucking up your concern?

Agreed.

It's good to see all three issues end positively but I can't believe a single person felt any of it "hanging over them".

A bit of hyperbole there I think.

That might even be the first time I've used that word.

31 minutes ago, antrin said:

No, Bazil...

FFS brutal post

But since you have asked, the answer to your second and third points are... because of my love for my football club. If something more serious had happened I would have likely been angry/ frustrated/ gutted/ who knows what else. 

Regarding your first point, I imagine many would feel the same for the same reasons. 

As for the last point, yes there are several things happening in the world that would still have "sucked up" more of my concern but that doesn't mean a football fan shouldn't feel concern if something serious happens to a club they support or that it dilutes the concern elsewhere.