Sign in to follow this  
ALBIONSAINT

Financial irregularities

No, Bazil...

4 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Glad this can be put to bed, regardless of the message and timing I'm sure it was something hanging over most St Mirren fans. Decent news period for us off the park.

Accounts ✔️

Unfair SPFL forfeits ✔️ 

Financial irregularities ✔️

Hopefully we can kick on now and get business on the field back on track, starting with a return ticket to Hampden this weekend. 🕰️

Unless the fans were/are perpetrators, I'd imagine it was water off a duck's back.

Why fret about something that has nothing to do with you or your family?

Why get angsty about something that has happened and over which you have no control?

Is there nothing else happening in the world currently that might be more worthy of sucking up your concern?

1 minute ago, antrin said:

No, Bazil...

Unless the fans were/are perpetrators, I'd imagine it was water off a duck's back.

Why get angsty about something that has happened and over which you have no control?

Is there nothing else happening in the world currently that might be more worthy of sucking up your concern?

Agreed.

It's good to see all three issues end positively but I can't believe a single person felt any of it "hanging over them".

A bit of hyperbole there I think.

That might even be the first time I've used that word.

31 minutes ago, antrin said:

No, Bazil...

FFS brutal post

But since you have asked, the answer to your second and third points are... because of my love for my football club. If something more serious had happened I would have likely been angry/ frustrated/ gutted/ who knows what else. 

Regarding your first point, I imagine many would feel the same for the same reasons. 

As for the last point, yes there are several things happening in the world that would still have "sucked up" more of my concern but that doesn't mean a football fan shouldn't feel concern if something serious happens to a club they support or that it dilutes the concern elsewhere. 

37 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Agreed.

It's good to see all three issues end positively but I can't believe a single person felt any of it "hanging over them".

I did. 

24 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

FFS brutal post

But since you have asked, the answer to your second and third points are... because of my love for my football club. If something more serious had happened I would have likely been angry/ frustrated/ gutted/ who knows what else. 

Regarding your first point, I imagine many would feel the same for the same reasons. 

As for the last point, yes there are several things happening in the world that would still have "sucked up" more of my concern but that doesn't mean a football fan shouldn't feel concern if something serious happens to a club they support or that it dilutes the concern elsewhere. 

You need to get your priorities sorted and get a life, kid!

25 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

FFS brutal post

But absolutely NOTHING serious had happened.

4 minutes ago, antrin said:

You need to get your priorities sorted and get a life, kid!

Nowhere did I say what priority this would be, it isn't a bad thing for a football fan to show concern for his team... Imagine that 

From the person needlessly trying to start arguments :whistle

2 minutes ago, antrin said:

But absolutely NOTHING serious had happened.

I know, I said as much in the post you responded to. 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Agreed.

Using hyperbole in that context was nothing short of pure hyperbole. 😉

53 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Nowhere did I say what priority this would be, it isn't a bad thing for a football fan to show concern for his team... Imagine that 

From the person needlessly trying to start arguments :whistle

I know, I said as much in the post you responded to. 

No.  You wrote: "I'm sure it was something hanging over most St Mirren fans".

Spoiler

It simply hasn't hung over even a few Buddies' heads or there would have countless posts expressing such concern , hoping for resolution  in this thread since it was started up.    The majority of posts have been laughing with scorn at the few who took the gossip seriously.

You're disappearing up your own arse with what you doubtless feel are points of subtle sophistry, but I recognise it as simplistic casuist bollox.

I'm not playing.

Edited by antrin

4 minutes ago, antrin said:

No.  You wrote: "I'm sure it was something hanging over most St Mirren fans".

Reveal hidden contents

It simply hasn't hung over even a few Buddies' heads or there would have countless posts expressing such concern , hoping for resolution  in this thread since it was started up.    The majority of posts have been laughing with scorn at the few who took the gossip seriously.

You're disappearing up your own arse with what you doubtless feel are points of subtle sophistry, but I recognise it as simplistic casuist bollox.

I'm not playing.

Word spin won't progress your (desperate need for an) argument. Let me simplify even more for you, I imagine the thought that it might be something more serious was hanging over the heads of most St Mirren fans. I thought this was very clear but happy to help with your misunderstanding.

You started this, my post was fair, clear and nothing more than contribution to a fan forum. You chose to try and make it into an argument (as usual) knowing I would respond. You got what you want and we can leave it at that. 👍

I know a number of St Mirren fans who put the club as a major priority in their life.

To some it’s as important to them as their family and jobs. Some might disagree with that, but it’s a major part of their lives and they are happy for it.

Many volunteer their services to help the club through a variety of means. Either helping the club directly or running supporters buses, clubs or SMiSA. These activities are a huge time commitment and are often unseen.

I personally don’t see anything wrong with having such an interest and investment in your local club and community activities.

I’d rather sit beside those supporters at games than some other so called “fans” that only watch on TV.

25 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Using hyperbole in that context was nothing short of pure hyperbole. 😉

I would argue that in the context of that particular poster and his tendency to catastrophise things I was justified in it's use m'lud. 😀

As an aside, is there such a thing as impure hyperbole?

Edited by oaksoft

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I would argue that in the context of that particular poster and his tendency to catastrophise things I was justified in it's use m'lud. 😀

As an aside, is there such a thing as impure hyperbole?

Tendency to catastrophise things? St Mirren fans might be concerned that the stories of financial irregularities could impact their club... If anything I would say catastrophise is what you've done regarding my post. 

Now why don't we move on? A poster that has claimed to want to ignore me is getting exited he can read responses to me... If only he was as well balanced as you in not letting forum comments upset him enough to put people on ignore :whistle

9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

You'll have noticed that's all but gone, along with him. :rolleyes:

Some folk would say he was hounded off the forum. I still don't understand what he did to deserve it. As far as I could tell, he was a genuine fan who passionately supported our club.

55 minutes ago, W6er said:

Some folk would say he was hounded off the forum. 

Yes but some folk also reckon Trump was cheated out of a win and that covid could be cured using orange juice. "Folk" cannot be trusted with anything really.

The boring reality however is that Ricky found himself repeatedly sin-binned by the forum owner and decided not to return after the last time that happened.

Let's refrain from trying to re-write history shall we?

4 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Yes but some folk also reckon Trump was cheated out of a win and that covid could be cured using orange juice. "Folk" cannot be trusted with anything really.

The boring reality however is that Ricky found himself repeatedly sin-binned by the forum owner and decided not to return after the last time that happened.

Let's refrain from trying to re-write history shall we?

Ricky did bite and some of his comments did deservedly get him sin binned but it had gotten to the point where no matter what he said, there were a few people that almost immediately attacked his posts regardless of content... If only I could draw a comparison. :whistle

Ricky did bite and some of his comments did deservedly get him sin binned but it had gotten to the point where no matter what he said, there were a few people that almost immediately attacked his posts regardless of content... If only I could draw a comparison. :whistle
Naw there wisnae