The Vaccine

shull

23 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Interesting article, if we hadn't lost control of the virus so comprehensively we wouldn't be compelled to rush into vaccination so quickly...

PS - If as you've suggested elsewhere the virus is a hoax then surely any vaccine will be some harmless sugarwater combination so it won't matter anyway.

It will matter.

The sugarwatter will be used to smuggle a micro submarine into your bloodstream to harvest your thoughts!

1 hour ago, Bud the Baker said:

Interesting article, if we hadn't lost control of the virus so comprehensively we wouldn't be compelled to rush into vaccination so quickly...

PS - If as you've suggested elsewhere the virus is a hoax then surely any vaccine will be some harmless sugarwater combination so it won't matter anyway.

Are you saying if less people had died or were affected we would hold back on introducing a vaccine? :lol:

So the rest of us don't matter then? 

You just can't stop the political point scoring game, beyond tiresome. :thumbsdown

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Are you saying if less people had died or were affected we would hold back on introducing a vaccine? :lol:

So the rest of us don't matter then? 

You just can't stop the political point scoring game, beyond tiresome. :thumbsdown

1. I'm saying it's a factor, for months we've been regaled with stories of how the vaccines have been fast tracked, you'd have to be a moron to think otherwise. Oh, right it's starting to make sense now. 

The article states

The Department of Health and Social Care has confirmed the company has been given an indemnity protecting it from legal action as a result of any problems with the vaccine.

Ministers have also changed the law in recent weeks to give new protections to companies such as Pfizer, giving them immunity from being sued by patients in the event of any complications.

there are still concerns around the "medium to long term" effects of the vaccine, which have been granted emergency authorization that have yet to be resolved - why else would the law be changed? The desperation from politicians like Johnson & Trump for the arrival of a vaccine has been evident in recent months, thankfully the 7th Cavalry came too late for the Don.

2. I'll take the vaccine when offered but frankly I'm quite glad to be down the list.

3. Pot's & kettles, and I'm not just talking about you and the Churchill tribute act we have for PM, but flunkeys like Gavin "it was all down to Brexit" Williamson - the handling of this virus has been a political issue since Day 1 even more so when our government bottled on it's "non-policy" of herd immunity last March. We're rushing into this vaccination program to offset decisions that allow Wild Wednesday & people attending sporting events in Tiers 1&2 down south and having "as normal a Christmas as possible". Like I say it's always been a political issue as well over 10,000 posts on this Forum will attest to...

9 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

1. I'm saying it's a factor, for months we've been regaled with stories of how the vaccines have been fast tracked, you'd have to be a moron to think otherwise. Oh, right it's starting to make sense now. 

The article states

there are still concerns around the "medium to long term" effects of the vaccine, which have been granted emergency authorization that have yet to be resolved - why else would the law be changed? The desperation from politicians like Johnson & Trump for the arrival of a vaccine has been evident in recent months, thankfully the 7th Cavalry came too late for the Don.

2. I'll take the vaccine when offered but frankly I'm quite glad to be down the list.

3. Pot's & kettles, and I'm not just talking about you and the Churchill tribute act we have for PM, but flunkeys like Gavin "it was all down to Brexit" Williamson - the handling of this virus has been a political issue since Day 1 even more so when our government bottled on it's "non-policy" of herd immunity last March. We're rushing into this vaccination program to offset decisions that allow Wild Wednesday & people attending sporting events in Tiers 1&2 down south and having "as normal a Christmas as possible". Like I say it's always been a political issue as well over 10,000 posts on this Forum will attest to...

So, what number would you say would have been reasonable before it was "fast tracked"?

FFS, it saves life's, it's world wide pandemic, not just the UK.

You are playing nothing but a political game, it's verging on ghoulish. 

The underlined/red bit shows how off the planet you are, catching up wit Shull TBH. 

The 10,000 posts are mainly from people who have followed this since day one, YOU have done you best to make it political, which get's you out of bed in the morning.

Sad, but true. 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

So, what number would you say would have been reasonable before it was "fast tracked"?

FFS, it saves life's, it's world wide pandemic, not just the UK.

You are playing nothing but a political game, it's verging on ghoulish. 

The underlined/red bit shows how off the planet you are, catching up wit Shull TBH. 

The 10,000 posts are mainly from people who have followed this since day one, YOU have done you best to make it political, which get's you out of bed in the morning.

Sad, but true. 

As usual no answers just deflection & the usual "pots & kettles" accusation of making this a political issue which I've already debunked - it has always been a political/class issue, from the policies the government have pursued to the people who have suffered which as I've said previously reflects an epidemiological issue exposing a societal injustice - sad, but true.

As for the section in red, think back to October when the number of Covid cases were rising and you were saying "Where are the bodies?" a truly ghoulish question, the government gambled with peoples lives when they ignored advice from SAGE in September and you cheered them on - sad, but true.

5 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

As usual no answers just deflection & the usual "pots & kettles" accusation of making this a political issue which I've already debunked - it has always been a political/class issue, from the policies the government have pursued to the people who have suffered which as I've said previously reflects an epidemiological issue exposing a societal injustice - sad, but true.

As for the section in red, think back to October when the number of Covid cases were rising and you were saying "Where are the bodies?" a truly ghoulish question, the government gambled with peoples lives when they ignored advice from SAGE in September and you cheered them on - sad, but true.

As usual the usual regurgitated airy fairy nonsense.

Where, exactly, did I say this?

30 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

As usual the usual regurgitated airy fairy nonsense.

Where, exactly, did I say this?

Go back to the big coronavirus thread on October 4th when you said this

TBH the numbers started climbing just over 4-5 weeks ago but, yes, we've been told it's a 2-3 week lag so we're well into the time when deaths would have been rising IF they had been even remotely close to the numbers back in March and April.

@Bud the Baker seems to be the only one who can't see this. 

I see he's wanting another 2 weeks. :lol:

but please don't bother me with your equivocations anymore, you and your fellow gammonistas rubbished the need for stricter measures then, the consequences were inevitable - sad, but true.

The  consequence of BJ pandering to the right wing of his party now and in the coming weeks will be all too obvious in the new year - sad, but true.

PS - I take it from the laughing emoji that you find the 20 thousand people who have died over the last coupla months funny - sad, but quite clearly true!

Edited by Bud the Baker

37 minutes ago, Bud the Baker said:

Go back to the big coronavirus thread on October 4th when you said this

but please don't bother me with your equivocations anymore, you and your fellow gammonistas rubbished the need for stricter measures then, the consequences were inevitable - sad, but true.

The  consequence of BJ pandering to the right wing of his party now and in the coming weeks will be all too obvious in the new year - sad, but true.

PS - I take it from the laughing emoji that you find the 20 thousand people who have died over the last coupla months funny - sad, but quite clearly true!

You're becoming more and more irrational..............

Let's go back a bit, so I NEVER said 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

"Where are the bodies?"

That's good, you've proved you're a liar.

Now, the laughing emoji is me laughing AT you, but, most sensible people would have known that and refrained form another fecking lie. 

You've lapped up the big numbers, only to use them as a sad political point scoring game.

Oh, you really need to get your own patter. :byebye

Not a political issue my arse...

Revelations of distorted coronavirus tallies have caused growing controversy in Greece reports our correspondent Helena Smith in Athens.

Figures released by the government nightly have been slammed for not reflecting the truth after reports of mismanagement by the national public health organisation, EODY.

BJs is not the only government producing an alternate (lower) set of figures - and some people believe him.

@faraway saint still laughing at people dying...

7 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Does anyone  know why Renfrewshire  has the highest  covid numbers in Scotland?

Could be quite a few reasons.

I'd start with the most likely route the virus spreads............................and a high percentage of twats like these....................

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/authors/paisley-daily-express/covid-19-denier-strikes-shops-23114179

0_DNP_PDE_011220graffiti__01JPG.jpg

8 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Lost control of a respiratory virus? 😂