The Vaccine

shull

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

That bar sounds like the upstairs karaoke at the Horseshoe. It’s like a cabaret up there. I’m usually too feart to get up in there.

Agree the “know your limits” rule is fundamental to not makin an erse of yourself. 
When I’ve been up for home games there’s been karaoke in the Bull a few times which has been fun.

Another good karaoke bar is Camps Bar in Wick. Belted out many a tune in there and it’s one where you can try new songs coz naebody gives a f**k if you’re shite 🤣

Witnessed this forum’s very own Jimmy H do a surprisingly brilliant rendition of Down in the Tube Station at Midnight in there and that is not an easy song tae sing. He is an auld ageing Mod mind you. 

I've graced The Horseshoe once, it's quite daunting as, usually, the standard is pretty decent.

Aye, there's a lot of words squeezed into that song, well done  @Jimmy H :clapping

:offtopicDon't really like karaoke and have felt quite sorry for at times for performers who realize sometime into the second verse that they don't know the song quite as well as they think they do...:offtopic

Anyway this little snippet from BBC News amused me...

Patients have turned down the chance to have the Pfizer coronavirus vaccine because they want to "wait for the English one", a doctor has said.

Quick vaccine shot and touch up of your tattoo sir?

St George Flag Tattoo

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

I've graced The Horseshoe once, it's quite daunting as, usually, the standard is pretty decent.

Aye, there's a lot of words squeezed into that song, well done  @Jimmy H :clapping

I have never sung in a karaoke bar and never will. This is to save me from making a fool of myself and not spoiling other peoples' evening.

However, about 25 years ago I was in Raleigh , North Carolina for business and we went into the hotel bar as we did every evening after being out for a meal. One evening when we went in we realised we were the only white folk in there. There was an amazing karaoke event going on with lots of soul and R&B songs. We were told that it was a place where singers hoped to be spotted for a professional gig.

We had a great night and we were a bit of a curiosity - 3 white guys from Scotland!

My sciency days are long ago and worlds apart (Small FacesTM :headbang) but can anyone point me to established info regarding whether people who've had the rona really need a vaccine, I've read all sortsa shit about how long immunity after contracting the virus actually protects you and yesterday Matt "Health Secretary" Hancock was saying people might need to be vaccinated every six months

Thanks...

Edited by Bud the Baker

On 1/7/2021 at 7:25 PM, Bud the Baker said:

:offtopicDon't really like karaoke and have felt quite sorry for at times for performers who realize sometime into the second verse that they don't know the song quite as well as they think they do...:offtopic

Anyway this little snippet from BBC News amused me...

Quick vaccine shot and touch up of your tattoo sir?

St George Flag Tattoo

I loathe tattoos and don't like the message in this one but artistically it has been very well done.

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Seen something doing the rounds asking when you get offered the vaccine would you take it.

Didn't feel like starting another thread so, would you and if so why, or if you wouldn't why?

It's an easy yes for me, anything that get's us back to life before last March is a must for me. 

Not at the moment.

Happy to turn it down for now but will be happy to get it oerhaps 6 months down the line.

Happy to let others be guinea pigs.

21 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Booked a weekend in Edinburgh for July earlier. :thumbs2

Surely we'll be back to being allowed to travel by then? :(

Looked at a few holidays abroad but we'll leave that on the back burner.

That's still too uncertain at this moment in time. 

Most of us need something to look forward to, whatever that may be. 

Keep the faith, someday we'll feel the warmth of the Tenerife sun.......................it's a different sun than we get, right? 
Hoping the Vaccination allows earlier travel. Looks like the earliest Australia will allow holidaymakers that have been vaccinated is July but more likely October. [emoji25]