The Vaccine

shull

18 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

We both agree fundamentally that spare vaccines should be sent to poorer countries.

We differ on our definition of "spare" and the timings on when vaccines should be sent.

And here is the difference between us.

I prefer to focus on where we agree on things.

You prefer to pick at the scabs of any small differences between us in order to allow you to continue shouting at the clouds in righteous rage.

That's your choice but I prefer sunnier personalities than the one you portray.

You prefer the "I'm alright Jack" attitude without even contemplating that you might not be if the UK horde vaccines they aren't going to use now. A completely idiotic thing to do. You aren't focussing on what we agree on because you don't want vaccines that aren't being used to be distributed to the countries less able to buy enough to suit their needs. There is no agreement. You want the UK to hold back essential supplies, just in case. That is the fundamental difference between us. Not small by any means. And "shouting at the clouds"? Did you get that from the Beano?

ETA. I'm NOT trying to be righteous. I'm being both logical and selfish. I want to protect me and mine. To do so we need everyone to be vaccinated ASAP. If you can't fathom this then there really is no point trying to explain it to you.

Edited by stlucifer

1 hour ago, stlucifer said:

You prefer the "I'm alright Jack" attitude without even contemplating that you might not be if the UK horde vaccines they aren't going to use now. A completely idiotic thing to do. You aren't focussing on what we agree on because you don't want vaccines that aren't being used to be distributed to the countries less able to buy enough to suit their needs. There is no agreement. You want the UK to hold back essential supplies, just in case. That is the fundamental difference between us. Not small by any means. And "shouting at the clouds"? Did you get that from the Beano?

ETA. I'm NOT trying to be righteous. I'm being both logical and selfish. I want to protect me and mine. To do so we need everyone to be vaccinated ASAP. If you can't fathom this then there really is no point trying to explain it to you.

Jeezo. :lol:

7 hours ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Just back from having jab, easy peasy. Didn't even notice them doing it mind you I give blood and their needles have a bit if a kick to them as a lot bigger.

Yeah, I was there at 3pm today and pretty much the same, didn't feel a thing and I mean literally not figuratively.

Donating blood is a bit different though as they have to use a wider diameter needle and find a vein.

Both me and my oldest son had the jab yesterday , and it has knocked us both sideways . Horrendous night and day today , cold sweats , shivering , aching bones. Only now am I feeling a wee bit better !
Hopefully it will pass quickly bud, which one did you get?

9 hours ago, billyg said:

Both me and my oldest son had the jab yesterday , and it has knocked us both sideways . Horrendous night and day today , cold sweats , shivering , aching bones. Only now am I feeling a wee bit better !

It's not unusual, Billy - but I can understand your concern.

I read somewhere (and think I may have mentioned it somewhere earlier in this thread when - Waldorf was it? had a similar poor reaction) that this may be a surprisingly good sign as your body is recognising this comparitively minor threat and is fighting back - so is now better prepared than it would be if it was the full Bhuna hitting you.  :)

There's this from NHS, also

Side effects of the coronavirus vaccines | The coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccine (nhsinform.scot)

10 hours ago, StanleySaint said:
17 hours ago, billyg said:

Hopefully it will pass quickly bud, which one did you get?

It was the Astra jab , still not quite back to normal yet !

4 weeks tomorrow since my wife and I had our Astra Oxford vaccine and neither of us has had any reaction, not even a sore arm. I have had Flu vaccine for more years thanI dare to remember, HepB vaccine several times before I got a response, smallpox vaccine at least twice and yellow fever vaccine all without reaction. Only typhoid vaccine caused me any problems and then only a sore arm for a couple of days.

Just back from having the jag.

Didn't feel a thing.

No after effects at all.

Not yet anyway. Apart from this weird nasal American voice in my head saying "Kill all Mac and Linux users".

Staff were all incredibly helpful and friendly.

Apparently it was the Oxford/AZ one.

Get the pubs open!!!!

On 2/28/2021 at 1:22 PM, oaksoft said:

Oh come on. The "firing line"???? "Lions den"??? 

Are you applying to work as a headline writer for the Daily Mail? :lol:

As for your last paragraph. You obviously were in such a frothing rage to type your post (as you seem to be in every one of your posts these days) that you didn't read mine properly. I had actually agreed with you. My very last sentence in fact.

You need to calm yourself down a bit bud.

Why do we need to help poorer countries help with vaccines when covid isn’t an issue for them?

Would we not be better giving them help with the multitude of disease and problems that do actually affect them?

You need to look at a bigger picture than your white, privileged, middle class racist outlook on life Mr pretend scientist 😉

5 hours ago, Sue Denim said:

Why do we need to help poorer countries help with vaccines when covid isn’t an issue for them?

Would we not be better giving them help with the multitude of disease and problems that do actually affect them?

You need to look at a bigger picture than your white, privileged, middle class racist outlook on life Mr pretend scientist 😉

But I'm not a scientist. :blink:

Not anymore.

I decided to retire early (very early) and live a bohemian lifestyle. :D

It appears that this news has not reached you.

But I'm not a scientist. :blink:
Not anymore.
I decided to retire early (very early) and live a bohemian lifestyle. [emoji3]
It appears that this news has not reached you.
That's some achievement, no not the being able to retire so early.

3 likes from the same person. Bravo, bravo indeed [emoji122]

45 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

That's some achievement, no not the being able to retire so early.

3 likes from the same person. Bravo, bravo indeed emoji122.png

I'll take your word for it.

Honestly, I don't even notice these things, let alone care.

It seems to trigger Faraway though for some reason.

Life's too short guys.

38 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'm getting a tad anxious, not had my jag yet, think it's time I phoned the doctors surgery.  :(

I wouldn't bother them just yet.

As long as you are registered, you'll get your letter - just need to be patient.

Apparently everyone over 18 will be vaccinated within the next couple of months anyway.

Each area will work at slightly different speeds to others.