The Vaccine

shull

9 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

I thought you were done?

Deflecting, squirming? Nope, not I. You’re the one that’s making an arse of himself.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-adverse-reactions

Figures I quoted were from the above link. You may want to check this fellow’s video on Ivermectin.

So you rubbish claims about Ivermectin saving lives because it’s only fit for animals (in your words) so I assume you wouldn’t take it.

Do you see how stupid you’re coming across. You’ve totally dismissed a drug that is being used successfully but willing to take a vaccine that hasn’t been tried and tested.

BTW. I’m not in the anti vaccine camp, I am however concerned that healthy people are dying after taking a vaccine and it’s not even making the news, hence the reason countries have pulled the plug until they’ve completed further studies.

Here’s a scenario. You catch Covid and the doc says........ “Faraway. We have this drug called ivermectin which could help with your condition and we can monitor you for 48 hours,or you go into intensive care and we hook you up to a ventilator and put you in a coma”. What would you do?

Apparently 6 care home residents in England died today with another 3 seriously ill. All had previously tested positive for Covid and all had been vaccinated. It’s said those that died, died from Covid.

Ok, I'm astounded at your perseverance in making a cnut of yourself but, here goes..............

Again, do you actually READ any of the links you post?

The summary from the link you posted

Conclusion

• The increases in number of ADR reports reflects the increase in vaccine deployment as new vaccination centres have opened across the UK
  • The number and nature of suspected adverse reactions reported so far are not unusual in comparison to other types of routinely used vaccines
  • The overall safety experience with both vaccines is so far as expected from the clinical trials
  • Based on current experience, the expected benefits of both COVID-19 vaccines in preventing COVID-19 and its serious complications far outweigh any known side effects
  • As with all vaccines and medicines, the safety of COVID-19 vaccines is being continuously monitored

As for ivermectin...................

1 hour ago, smcc said:

Key Points

Question  What is the effect of ivermectin on duration of symptoms in adults with mild COVID-19?

Findings  In this randomized clinical trial that included 476 patients, the duration of symptoms was not significantly different for patients who received a 5-day course of ivermectin compared with placebo (median time to resolution of symptoms, 10 vs 12 days; hazard ratio for resolution of symptoms, 1.07).

Meaning  The findings do not support the use of ivermectin for treatment of mild COVID-19, although larger trials may be needed to understand effects on other clinically relevant outcomes.

It must be time for your bedtime, and maybe a dose of some sort of medication, you'll find something suitable at www.madman.com

Apparently 6 care home residents in England died today with another 3 seriously ill. All had previously tested positive for Covid and all had been vaccinated. It’s said those that died, died from Covid.

I take it you didn't read the data regarding the Vaccine is not 100% reliable to prevent you catching Covid19?

British Airways taken the bull by the horns and introducing a digital vaccine passport.

Good on them, if anyone doesn't want the vaccine, that's entirely down to them, I'll be ok to travel and not have possible Covid carriers sitting close to me. :thumbs2

UK coronavirus live: British Airways to roll out digital vaccine passports (msn.com)

@Russian Saint, I don't think you telling them you've eaten a few oranges will cut it. :lol:

Passengers who have had two Covid-19 jabs will be able to upload their vaccination details to the BA app on their smartphone to prove that they are safe to fly.

Edited by faraway saint

British Airways taken the bull by the horns and introducing a digital vaccine passport.
Good on them, if anyone doesn't want the vaccine, that's entirely down to them, I'll be ok to travel and not have possible Covid carriers sitting close to me. :thumbs2
UK coronavirus live: British Airways to roll out digital vaccine passports (msn.com)
[mention=7598]Russian Saint[/mention], I don't think you telling them you've eaten a few oranges will cut it. [emoji38]
Passengers who have had two Covid-19 jabs will be able to upload their vaccination details to the BA app on their smartphone to prove that they are safe to fly.

Has it been proven yet that you can't be a carrier after having the complete vaccine dosage?

41 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Has it been proven yet that you can't be a carrier after having the complete vaccine dosage?

If you've been vaccinated does it matter? 

I'd just be happy to be amongst people who have taken the steps to protect themselves.

Unproven at this early stage.............

So far, the available Covid-19 vaccines have not been judged primarily on their ability to prevent transmission – though this is now being evaluated as a secondary endpoint for many of them. Instead, their efficacy was assessed by whether they could prevent symptoms from developing. "This means that we set our targets kind of pragmatically," says Danny Altmann, professor of immunology at Imperial College London.

Edited by faraway saint

42 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'd just be happy to be amongst people who have taken the steps to protect themselves.

Unproven at this early stage.............

So far, the available Covid-19 vaccines have not been judged primarily on their ability to prevent transmission – though this is now being evaluated as a secondary endpoint for many of them. Instead, their efficacy was assessed by whether they could prevent symptoms from developing. "This means that we set our targets kind of pragmatically," says Danny Altmann, professor of immunology at Imperial College London.

That's a bit selfish. Of course it matters, at least until every one is vaccinated. 

he doesn't "read", or understand, very much after his performance last night. :lol:
I see the forum racist has been liking his posts, peas in a pod?  :rolleyes:

Ah, so yesterday I was an extremist. Are you actually accusing me of being a racist?
If you are, I’d like the receipts please.

1 minute ago, Russian Saint said:

Ah, so yesterday I was an extremist. Are you actually accusing me of being a racist?
If you are, I’d like the receipts please.

I don't think you were accused of being a racist, you have similar traits to the forum racist, ie posting conspiracy theory videos and  links.

Anyhow, have a nice day, I have football to watch. :byebye

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Everyone ON the plane would be vaccinated. 🤪🤪🤪

image.thumb.png.cb430d8a6e05ad646308652778373d07.png

That wasn't the question you were answering. Even if it were.  Where would you go after you alight? As usual you jump in with silly emojis to cover your even sillier statements

Edited by stlucifer

Yes as the vaccination isn't 100% effective.

Likewise for myself but I'd be more reassured if a -ive test was a requirement in the days before because of the confined environment in an aircraft.

3 minutes ago, Cookie Monster said:

Likewise for myself but I'd be more reassured if a -ive test was a requirement in the days before because of the confined environment in an aircraft.

Let's put this into some perspective here.

The chances of catching the virus, despite the media continuing with their scaremongering, is very small.

The chances of coming to any great harm is also very small, the death rate per million is less than .2%

These minute chances are very much reduced if you have the vaccine.

Now I'll be quite happy with my vaccination passport, and content that everyone else on the plane has one.

When I get off the plane, I'll be comfortable enough that me, and my wife, as I'm a selfish b'strd, will be pretty safe as we'd go to a destination that has also a very safe environment.   :P

The chances of catching the virus, despite the media continuing with their scaremongering, is very small.
The chances of coming to any great harm is also very small, the death rate per million is less than .2%
Now I'll be quite happy with my vaccination passport, and content that everyone else on the plane has one.
When I get off the plane, I'll be comfortable enough that me, and my wife, as I'm a selfish b'strd, will be pretty safe as we'd go to a destination that has also a very safe environment.   [emoji14]

If I've calculated it correctly 1 in 25 folk in Scotland have tested +ive for this.

That in my opinion isn't small as not everyone that's been infected has been tested.

PS, I'll be on the first plane, albeit with face mask and shield and loads of Sanitizer. [emoji106]

PPS, I'll say hi to Veronica for you. [emoji16]

I don't think you were accused of being a racist, you have similar traits to the forum racist, ie posting conspiracy theory videos and  links.
Anyhow, have a nice day, I have football to watch. :byebye

So I posted a link that I clearly stated was for the UK, which was directed to the government website. I also posted that link directly a second time to get away from the other stuff within the link.
I also posted a link to a video by Dr John Campbell. This video was him looking at reports/studies/pro’s/cons for ivermectin.

So what am i? Extremist, racist, conspiracy theorist...... or all three........or just the “Cnut” as you referred to yesterday.
You have gone from two peas in a pod (meaning. So similar as to be indistinguishable) to having similar traits, which in my opinion is a bit of back pedaling on your part. I also believe it to be a bit naughty to involve another forum member that had nothing to do with the discussion.

Accusing and or insinuating someone of racism on a public forum IMO is a very cowardly and potentially damaging thing to do, especially with no proof whatsoever, nor any knowledge of me as a person. I believe that your use of the four descriptions mentioned above actually says more about you as a person than it does about me.
As this is a public forum then I or anyone else are free to share/exchange, debate thoughts and opinions with others, unless a topic or what is written by a forum member breaks the rules of this site.
Enjoy your footie.

2 minutes ago, Russian Saint said:

So I posted a link that I clearly stated was for the UK, which was directed to the government website. I also posted that link directly a second time to get away from the other stuff within the link.
I also posted a link to a video by Dr John Campbell. This video was him looking at reports/studies/pro’s/cons for ivermectin.

So what am i? Extremist, racist, conspiracy theorist...... or all three........or just the “Cnut” as you referred to yesterday.
You have gone from two peas in a pod (meaning. So similar as to be indistinguishable) to having similar traits, which in my opinion is a bit of back pedaling on your part. I also believe it to be a bit naughty to involve another forum member that had nothing to do with the discussion.

Accusing and or insinuating someone of racism on a public forum IMO is a very cowardly and potentially damaging thing to do, especially with no proof whatsoever, nor any knowledge of me as a person. I believe that your use of the four descriptions mentioned above actually says more about you as a person than it does about me.
As this is a public forum then I or anyone else are free to share/exchange, debate thoughts and opinions with others, unless a topic or what is written by a forum member breaks the rules of this site.
Enjoy your footie.

You're deflection is taking on new levels, we've already covered why your posts were ridiculed, and not just by me.

As for the forum racist, he's been described by quite a few as such, but again, you choose to ignore that.

You also threw in a few choice terms last night, but I can handle it.

3 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

There are indications that the vaccine drastically reduces transmission of the virus.

Not sure I am totally comfortable with a vaccine passport especially this obsession of uploading things on a smartphone using an app when so many people don't have smartphones or want endless apps on it but the idea of needing a vaccine to travel is many times better than having a negative test.

ETA. The quicker everyone gets vaccinated, the quicker the government will re-open things. Funnily enough though, I do support a person's right to refuse to take a vaccine. Nobody should be forcing you to take anything like that if you don't want it. So I'm a bit conflicted on all this at the moment. Russian Saint has gone full-blown saintnextlifetime though.

Edited by oaksoft

3 hours ago, faraway saint said:

When I get off the plane, I'll be comfortable enough that me, and my wife, as I'm a selfish b'strd, will be pretty safe as we'd go to a destination that has also a very safe environment.   :P

We all are. Even those who claim they aren't. Actually, in my experience, especially those who claim they aren't.

There's, nowt wrong with being selfish. It's a normal human trait.

2 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

If I've calculated it correctly 1 in 25 folk in Scotland have tested +ive for this.

That in my opinion isn't small as not everyone that's been infected has been tested.

PS, I'll be on the first plane, albeit with face mask and shield and loads of Sanitizer. emoji106.png

PPS, I'll say hi to Veronica for you. emoji16.png

The only numbers which matter are hospitalisations, serious illnesses and deaths.

For a nation of 5 million, those numbers are all tiny.

2 hours ago, faraway saint said:

You're deflection is taking on new levels, we've already covered why your posts were ridiculed, and not just by me.

As for the forum racist, he's been described by quite a few as such, but again, you choose to ignore that.

You also threw in a few choice terms last night, but I can handle it.

He's not reading what he's posting. He's not watching the videos either.

And he's not reading or acknowledging other people's posts who have already answered his questions about those government stats.

If you don't like his "evidence", he's got a shitload more to waste your time with.

It's called sea-lioning I believe.

You're wasting your time.

Edited by oaksoft

3 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

That might be difficult to police.

The airlines would have to insist that any Covid test was carried out by a health professional or any self-test was witnessed by a health professional. Otherwise people could go for a test, and unobserved, could simply omit to swab nose/throat or swab incorrectly, thus ensuring a negative test.

Quite handy in preventing a last minute holiday cancellation due to a positive test.

The lateral testing that I have carried out , and any PCR tests that I've had, have all been self administered, without any witnesses.

From the quote below, it would seem that the system is already open to abuse and that's with a relatively tiny number of passengers, compared with what you would have with an increase in tourism.

The UK government says you can provide proof of your negative test with a printed document, an email or a text message.

The proof has to include your personal details, the date the test was done, and the name of the test provider and their contact details.

Edited by FTOF

When I get off the plane, I'll be comfortable enough that me, and my wife, as I'm a selfish b'strd, will be pretty safe as we'd go to a destination that has also a very safe environment.   [emoji14]

A bit pedantic here but 0.2% per million is 0.2% per whatever number you feckin want.