The Vaccine

shull

Seemingly the first "blip" in the availability of the vaccine.
Could cause a delay in the next month for the next group who are due their first jag. 
Paralysed says one headline..........

Covid vaccine supply shortage to paralyse UK rollout

Manufacturing problems will mean sharp slowdown in April, as EU threatens to block exports of Pfizer jab to Britain

Then again, conflicting news from vaccination producers................

Drugs giants Pfizer and AstraZeneca have rejected an NHS claim that the UK is facing a COVID-19 vaccine shortage, insisting there is no threat to supplies.

The two leading vaccine manufacturers both said they remain on course to meet their delivery commitments and denied they were facing disruption in supplies.

Their defiant statements appeared to contradict a letter to vaccination centres from NHS England warning there will be a "significant reduction" in supplies next month.

Hope they don't run out before tomorrow. :lol:

I did see that in the news last night but noted they would honour the jag to anyone that has a planned appointment.

I’m always a wee bit sceptical about these things and do wonder if it’s actually down to manufacturing (rather than say politics of some sort), as it would have (or should) have been known weeks ago that this shortage would occur.

On 3/17/2021 at 8:21 AM, faraway saint said:

Logistics might mean that the roll out can't be any faster, it's, surprisingly, going really well right now. 

I heard on the radio yesterday almost 2 million in Scotland, that's some going. 

Why is it a surprise that the rollout is going well?  I was sharing a desk with a vaccinator back in December when the first mobilisation meetings took place and overheard the discussions.  In 4o years of work this was THE most professional, organised and motivational discussion I have had the good fortune to hear.  Highly talented people, well organised, free from political interference raring to go,   So what's the surprise?

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

Why is it a surprise that the rollout is going well?  I was sharing a desk with a vaccinator back in December when the first mobilisation meetings took place and overheard the discussions.  In 4o years of work this was THE most professional, organised and motivational discussion I have had the good fortune to hear.  Highly talented people, well organised, free from political interference raring to go,   So what's the surprise?

The numbers involved, the logistics in supply and the resources required.

ANY of the above could have been an issue.

On 3/17/2021 at 10:52 AM, Scott-Leeds said:

My Mrs made a great point the other day when she was at work in her School to some teaching staff who are declining the offer to take the vaccine. She said to them, ‘If you’re not part of the solution, you’re part of the problem’.

She added to them, they forfeit the right to complain about lockdown/ shops/bars closed , kids being home schooled on that basis.

Just about sums it up I guess.

Sums up what ?

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Done.

In/out 5 mins, to sit in the car for 15 in case I feel dodgy.

Very very pleasant nurse, the whole process went like clockwork. 👍

My nurse the other day was really nice too. Completely forgot to mention on here. She came up to me and said “I don’t care if it’s your turn or not, I’m taking you now!”.

She was from Glenburn and a massive buddies fan. She saw my Buds snood and took me straight away. 🤣

What were the chances of that in St. Helier?

I had a very interesting/worrying discussion with a Polish guy in my work during the week.

He had been in hospital just before Christmas with a mild asthma attack and, after being stabilised, was offered the Covid vaccine.

A very firm "no"....................I asked him why..................."Very bad, you don't know what it will do to you"

I said bit Covid could kill you, he wasn't convinced Covid was real.

Him, and his family, were not going to have the vaccine. 

With Europe talking about further waves I wonder how much of the spread is down to people not being willing to have the vaccine? 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

With Europe talking about further waves I wonder how much of the spread is down to people not being willing to have the vaccine? 

People are more scared of what it might do to them rather than what it could do for them by listening to perhaps the wrong people and hype.

Edited by pod

I only had a bit of a bad head and arm a little sore for a couple of days but if it means we all get back to sort of normal so be it. Anti vac people should be given a big bell to walk about with imo, shows how much you think about others😡

As for EU, if AstraZeneca vaccine had been EU wholly developed then it would have been best thing since sliced bread  just another childish political battle over brexit I'm afraid and will cost them in lives and in an economic sense, thank god we got out. And I at time of vote was a remainer.

31st of March for me.

Having spoken to a few mates across Scotland, we're at the mid-fifties just now. My brother who is a couple of years younger gets his mid-April. So looks like Fifty year olds should be by end of April, If supplies hold up.

Edited by FTOF

12 minutes ago, FTOF said:

31st of March for me.

Having spoken to a few mates across Scotland, we're at the mid-fifties just now. My brother who is a couple of years younger gets his mid-April. So looks like Fifty year olds should be by end of April, If supplies hold up.

It's sore as feck.................................just giving you a heads up. :rolleyes:

37 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It's sore as feck.................................just giving you a heads up. :rolleyes:

My parents, both in late 70's , had no side effects whatsoever.

Hoping the non-wimpy genes haven't skipped a generation.:)

Never had a problem with getting inoculations or getting blood taken.

Edited by FTOF