The Vaccine

shull

My parents, both in late 70's , had no side effects whatsoever.
Hoping the non-wimpy genes haven't skipped a generation.[emoji4]
Never had a problem with getting inoculations or getting blood taken.
Saw an article this week from a mefic saying that side effects were much milder in the older age groups, Mrs S has a really painful arm sinc hers yesterday afternoon.

1 minute ago, StanleySaint said:
1 hour ago, FTOF said:
Hoping the non-wimpy genes haven't skipped a generation.emoji4.png

Saw an article this week from a medic saying that side effects were much milder in the older age groups, Mrs S has a really painful arm sinc hers yesterday afternoon.

That's what you get for marrying a teenage bride. :rolleyes:

2 hours ago, StanleySaint said:
3 hours ago, FTOF said:
Hoping the non-wimpy genes haven't skipped a generation.emoji4.png

Saw an article this week from a mefic saying that side effects were much milder in the older age groups, Mrs S has a really painful arm sinc hers yesterday afternoon.

I know a couple of people, with underlying medical conditions, in their early 30's who have had it, with no side effects whatsoever.

My wife , who is younger than me, has had both doses, and again had no side effects.

In fact, the only person I know who has been badly affected was my 78 year old father in-law , who became so weak, he couldn't get out of his bed for 24 hours.

I'm crossing my fingers that your genome wins in the end.🧬

Edited by FTOF

The sore arm has nothing to do with the vaccine, it's because it's an intramuscular injection - the quickest way to get the vaccine into the bloodstream.  Most vaccines are given as an intramuscular injection.  The sleepiness is the vaccine.  Most folk I know who have had the jab have a period about 1 or 2 days after the jab when they just feel as if somebody has found their off switch. 

💤

The sore arm has nothing to do with the vaccine, it's because it's an intramuscular injection - the quickest way to get the vaccine into the bloodstream.  Most vaccines are given as an intramuscular injection.  The sleepiness is the vaccine.  Most folk I know who have had the jab have a period about 1 or 2 days after the jab when they just feel as if somebody has found their off switch. 
[emoji99]
Any pain is a combination of muscular injury and an immune response to the type of vaccine administered.

5 minutes ago, FTOF said:
6 hours ago, rabuddies said:
emoji99.png

Any pain is a combination of muscular injury and an immune response to the type of vaccine administered.

And don't forget that big mother fcuker of a needle. :lol:

One of my mates told me that if you are an unpaid carer you can register for the vaccine. I have just registered (I care for my son) and await a response, thought I’d share because I bet many buds will currently qualify under that rule if they don’t already have the vaccine [emoji382]

One of my mates told me that if you are an unpaid carer you can register for the vaccine. I have just registered (I care for my son) and await a response, thought I’d share because I bet many buds will currently qualify under that rule if they don’t already have the vaccine [emoji382]
I tried to do that and was informed I already had an appointment. Waited a week and still no blue envelope. Phoned up on Saturday and they told me my date. My work colleague registered and got his vaccine within four days. However, I have to wait two weeks longer, with the risk of passing on infection, because I already have an appointment. My brother has to wait a month! Another system that doesn't work properly.

I tried to do that and was informed I already had an appointment. Waited a week and still no blue envelope. Phoned up on Saturday and they told me my date. My work colleague registered and got his vaccine within four days. However, I have to wait two weeks longer, with the risk of passing on infection, because I already have an appointment. My brother has to wait a month! Another system that doesn't work properly.

Cheers for the feedback, looks to me that it might just come down to pot luck!!

Just got this back:-

NHS Scotland Test and Protect: Thank you for submitting your details to receive the COVID-19 vaccination as an unpaid carer.

We have successfully matched your records and we will send you details of your first vaccination appointment soon. This can take up to 72 hours, so thank you for your patience. Please wait to be contacted.

For more information about the vaccination programme visit https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid19vaccine or call 0800 030 8013

Looks like I got lucky!!

A year since lockdown.

It's worth taking a step back for a moment.

We've managed to vaccinate half the country and almost all of our vulnerable people from a standing start in just a few months.

There's a lot to grumble about regarding our handling of the pandemic.

The vaccination program certainly isn't one of them.

A few petulant, idiotic teachers and policemen disgracefully wittering on about how they should have been allowed to jump the queue shouldn't detract from the largest and most successful vaccination rollout in living memory.

Just got this back:-

NHS Scotland Test and Protect: Thank you for submitting your details to receive the COVID-19 vaccination as an unpaid carer.

We have successfully matched your records and we will send you details of your first vaccination appointment soon. This can take up to 72 hours, so thank you for your patience. Please wait to be contacted.

For more information about the vaccination programme visit https://www.nhsinform.scot/covid19vaccine or call 0800 030 8013

Looks like I got lucky!!
Good stuff. Given that carers like ourselves look after the most vulnerable in society, it's a good thing.

53 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Good stuff. Given that carers like ourselves look after the most vulnerable in society, it's a good thing.

Half the population is classed as vulnerable.

Pretty much ALL of us are either in that category or are living with someone in that category or have someone in that category in our immediate family. For many of us, we fall into both caring and vulnerable categories but by and large you don't hear any of us constantly going on about it the way you do.

The absolute priority is to focus solely on getting the vulnerable themselves vaccinated and both governments have done an excellent job of doing just that. Nothing should distract from that right now.

Quit blowing smoke up your own arse and quit whining about the vaccination process. You are not uniquely affected by this so STFU and show a bit more dignity.

Edited by oaksoft

On 3/23/2021 at 11:44 AM, oaksoft said:

Half the population is classed as vulnerable.

Pretty much ALL of us are either in that category or are living with someone in that category or have someone in that category in our immediate family. For many of us, we fall into both caring and vulnerable categories but by and large you don't hear any of us constantly going on about it the way you do.

The absolute priority is to focus solely on getting the vulnerable themselves vaccinated and both governments have done an excellent job of doing just that. Nothing should distract from that right now.

Quit blowing smoke up your own arse and quit whining about the vaccination process. You are not uniquely affected by this so STFU and show a bit more dignity.

Fuk up!

On 3/28/2021 at 9:02 AM, faraway saint said:

The media seizing on vaccination passports for pubs.

Really?

To start with Scotland, for some reason, has decided NOT to provide evidence of vaccination.

Secondly there is no way this could be policed by the majority of pubs, an non story IMO.

Pretty clear why no evidence is issued.  It's  very resource-intensive to build up a data base that people can use, which would probably be best done by a something like the DVLA licence check-code system.  Any paper certs are vulnerable to forgery and other abuse, apart from providing a reminder to the recipient serve no real purpose.

At some point, we will probably have a check-code system in place for travel, etc, but resources are concentrated on reducing current and future infections just now

Edited by beyond our ken