The Vaccine

shull

1 hour ago, beyond our ken said:

Pretty clear why no evidence is issued.  It's  very resource-intensive to build up a data base that people can use, which would probably be best done by a something like the DVLA licence check-code system.  Any paper certs are vulnerable to forgery and other abuse, apart from providing a reminder to the recipient serve no real purpose.

At some point, we will probably have a check-code system in place for travel, etc, but resources are concentrated on reducing current and future infections just now

The airport have just opened a testing centre at the security hall. No test, no way through security. £55 a test. 

On 3/23/2021 at 11:44 AM, oaksoft said:

Quit blowing smoke up your own arse and quit whining about the vaccination process. You are not uniquely affected by this so STFU and show a bit more dignity.

Shelly has just caused the the irony meter to explode.:lol:

YIZq.gif

Edited by FTOF

7 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Pretty clear why no evidence is issued.  It's  very resource-intensive to build up a data base that people can use, which would probably be best done by a something like the DVLA licence check-code system.  Any paper certs are vulnerable to forgery and other abuse, apart from providing a reminder to the recipient serve no real purpose.

At some point, we will probably have a check-code system in place for travel, etc, but resources are concentrated on reducing current and future infections just now

We received a card after the first jab - on which was written the drug that had been injected and its batch number.  This was repeated yesterday.

That seems a practical thing to do - so you can know that when its announced that a specific batch makes you grow horns and cloven hooves, you'll be able to relax knowing that it wasn't all down to you having been a very naughty boy.

It might get us served in pubs quicker...  :whistle

... having proved ourselves old enough to get jabbed early - thus old enough to be served alcohol.

I got my 2nd Pfizer jab from work today. The nurse told me that there have been a few people reporting swollen glands in the neck, groin and oxter (lymph system) unfortunately some women have went to there GP with this and been referred for mammograms. It appears the GPs are not up to date with potential side effects and how your lymph system works. 

21 hours ago, antrin said:

We received a card after the first jab - on which was written the drug that had been injected and its batch number.  This was repeated yesterday.

That seems a practical thing to do - so you can know that when its announced that a specific batch makes you grow horns and cloven hooves, you'll be able to relax knowing that it wasn't all down to you having been a very naughty boy.

It might get us served in pubs quicker...  :whistle

... having proved ourselves old enough to get jabbed early - thus old enough to be served alcohol.

My wife has been administering all the vaccines and has been doing the childhood vaccination schedule for many years, recording the dose, batch and medicine name is done online in Scotland as a standard practice.  Scotland's system is apparently better than England's as they were approached by an existing IT provider who had an off-the-shelf package that was in trial almost a year ago and rolled out easily in November.

Anyhoo, what aspect of your wife's wellbeing, or lack thereof, can be attributed to "her" being a "very naughty boy"?

Asking for a friend

9 hours ago, faraway saint said:

More talk about vaccinating children, not sure that's required. 

apparently cases are on the rise in 12-15 year olds.  Maybe variants are to blame for that.

Even if it is seen as less necessary, the balance in the risk equation is that the Pfizer jab is declared 100% effective in that age range in preventing disease so it's taking out a lot of potential carriers before they become infectious

25 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

apparently cases are on the rise in 12-15 year olds.  Maybe variants are to blame for that.

Even if it is seen as less necessary, the balance in the risk equation is that the Pfizer jab is declared 100% effective in that age range in preventing disease so it's taking out a lot of potential carriers before they become infectious

For the Past couple of weeks, Indie Sage has predicted case rises in the school age cohorts.

Cooping kids up together in enclosed, poorly ventilated spaces gives opportunity to virus.

25 minutes ago, antrin said:

For the Past couple of weeks, Indie Sage has predicted case rises in the school age cohorts.

Cooping kids up together in enclosed, poorly ventilated spaces gives opportunity to virus.

Agree but there is only so much schools can do. My middle lad is at high school and they test twice a week. When they started it was at school itself but now they send testing kits home. So Thursdays and Sundays are testing days in our house with me, son and mrs cs doing one. The school he goes to insist that they all register their results with school and anyone not doing that is classed as positive case and not allowed in school.

Schools can't be held accountable groups of kids gathering out of school hours, that's parents not being strict enough at this moment.

20 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

Agree but there is only so much schools can do. My middle lad is at high school and they test twice a week. When they started it was at school itself but now they send testing kits home. So Thursdays and Sundays are testing days in our house with me, son and mrs cs doing one. The school he goes to insist that they all register their results with school and anyone not doing that is classed as positive case and not allowed in school.

Schools can't be held accountable groups of kids gathering out of school hours, that's parents not being strict enough at this moment.

There is only so much schools can do.... but if this crap government put its minds and our money towards them, they could be made much safer and/or extra premises could be utilised to help ensure that schools and classes are not packed too much with kids and that there IS adequate ventilation.

The virus transmits indoors at a much greater rate than open air..

3 hours ago, antrin said:

There is only so much schools can do.... but if this crap government put its minds and our money towards them, they could be made much safer and/or extra premises could be utilised to help ensure that schools and classes are not packed too much with kids and that there IS adequate ventilation.

The virus transmits indoors at a much greater rate than open air..

It's a vicious circle with schools tho. More pupils, more money. Quite frankly they have to run like a business.

The problem is everything contradicts itself. Perfect example here, did a schools shift today now in school they have class/year bubbles and have staggered breaks etc but can all travel together on a bus🙄.

5 hours ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

That sounds a good school, my son tells me less than half the kids in his class didn’t even collected the test kits, they don’t want to do the tests. School says it’s powerless. I don’t blame the school, lack of social responsibility is the problem. 

17 hours ago, antrin said:

Reports today...

Shame that there was no way the government could have expected this to happen...  

On 3/31/2021 at 11:46 PM, ALBIONSAINT said:

I got my 2nd Pfizer jab from work today. The nurse told me that there have been a few people reporting swollen glands in the neck, groin and oxter (lymph system) unfortunately some women have went to there GP with this and been referred for mammograms. It appears the GPs are not up to date with potential side effects and how your lymph system works. 

I spoke to a lead vaccinator who's not heard of these lymphatic system issues, GPs are also vaccinators all-year round for a range of vaccines so that statement is surprising.

30 minutes ago, beyond our ken said:

I spoke to a lead vaccinator who's not heard of these lymphatic system issues, GPs are also vaccinators all-year round for a range of vaccines so that statement is surprising.

Swelling of the glands is one of the side effects described in the "What to expect after the COVID-19 vaccine" leaflets they hand out to you at the vaccination centre (see extract below). Although, to be fair, most glands are considered to be part of the endocrine system and not the lymphatic system. The only major gland involved in the immune response is the Thymus which produces T-Killer white blood cells in response to infection. However, it's also considered to be part of the lymphatic system!

The swelling of lymph nodes, in response to vaccines in general, seems to be common knowledge in the medical field.

Why Lymph Nodes May Swell after COVID-19 Vaccine – Cleveland Clinic Newsroom

image.png

Edited by FTOF

4 hours ago, antrin said:

Reports today...

Shame that there was no way the government could have expected this to happen...  

The real story from the data is that despite relatively small increases in infections amongst younger people, that does not appear to be translating into more deaths and hospitalisations - both of these continue to rapidly drop.

She appears to be "reaching" for a story amongst the data to support her view that the pandemic is still a scary thing and (wilfully?) overlooking the real story. That's academics for you.

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

Swelling of the glands is one of the side effects described in the "What to expect after the COVID-19 vaccine" leaflets they hand out to you at the vaccination centre (see extract below). Although, to be fair, most glands are considered to be part of the endocrine system and not the lymphatic system. The only major gland involved in the immune response is the Thymus which produces T-Killer white blood cells in response to infection. However, it's also considered to be part of the lymphatic system!

The swelling of lymph nodes, in response to vaccines in general, seems to be common knowledge in the medical field.

Why Lymph Nodes May Swell after COVID-19 Vaccine – Cleveland Clinic Newsroom

image.png

He made it up. 

He done the same about his tip on schools last year, another imaginary friend. 

The numbers getting the 2nd jag are ramping up this week, a couple of days ago almost 31 million in the UK had been given the first dose. :thumbs2

Oh, the BBC still highlighting the minuscule number of blood clot issues, again, a doctor putting things in perspective that these numbers can/do happen to people long before the vaccine was being administered. 

Edited by faraway saint

I go this Friday for 1st Jab, i have tried numerous times to access the system to change my appointment (I’m booked in for Eastwood), called them up lat week hoping for lagoon, they offered me Johnstone but 2 days later than Eastwood. I declined- want the jab ASAP, my wife gets her 2nd jan Sunday at the big hospital in Govan!!

I go this Friday for 1st Jab, i have tried numerous times to access the system to change my appointment (I’m booked in for Eastwood), called them up lat week hoping for lagoon, they offered me Johnstone but 2 days later than Eastwood. I declined- want the jab ASAP, my wife gets her 2nd jan Sunday at the big hospital in Govan!!
I got my letter last Friday, my appointment was for 8.50am on the 14th, changed it online in minutes for a time after work.

www.nhsinform.scot/covid19vacccineappointments

21 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

That doesn’t fill me with confidence! 

9CDD613B-85CF-4DCE-A608-47685AB89624.jpeg

I got my letter last Friday, my appointment was for 8.50am on the 14th, changed it online in minutes for a time after work.

www.nhsinform.scot/covid19vacccineappointments

I got the same link with username etc, the system took all my info (green ticks all the way), then said my info was invalid.

Called them up and tbf they were very helpful, said the system issues were common!!