Motherwell v St Mirren 12/12/20

faraway saint

Could be a decent game, Motherwell got pumped by Hibs today and are sitting in a pretty comfortable position, after being gifted some points.

We have definitely played well in the last two games but still struggle to score.

Our 3 goals in the last two games have included a goalkeeping blunder and a penalty.

Our general play has been the best we've played this season IMO, maybe it's time for it to all come together and we'll pump them. 

Think we could be worth a wee bet this week as should be a good price.

Outwith the split we have won 5 away games in 3 seasons twice at Motherwell plus a cup victory there albeit on penalties.

Could be a decent game, Motherwell got pumped by Hibs today and are sitting in a pretty comfortable position, after being gifted some points.
We have definitely played well in the last two games but still struggle to score.
Our 3 goals in the last two games have included a goalkeeping blunder and a penalty.
Our general play has been the best we've played this season IMO, maybe it's time for it to all come together and we'll pump them. 

3 hours ago, shull said:

It was  :D

We never got in till h/t due to the bus breaking down and the replacement bus being hit by a car and then all back on the  original bus since they managed to get it fixed    :lol:

Ended up in their end and plenty of verbal being thrown about the cup game the year before :argue:

Motherwell have a really strong squad of players that have underachieved this season, The scoreline flattered Hibs on Saturday, I would be happy with another good performance and a point in this game a win would be fantastic,
Lets keep the unbeaten run going,  
I'm not wanting to be all negative here but I will be anyway alot of fans on here for too long have imo been happy in almost every match to (settle for a point) these draws are a big part in why we are only one of 2 teams in top league to never grace the top 6 and never even be close to it.

As for the (Unbeaten Run) with 3 of those games cup games and 2 being draws to lower league opposition is it really a big deal.

More than a few fans on here last season were overjoyed that we had a 10 game run that we "only lost to Celtic and Rangers" despite the fact it was only 1 victory to put this happiness to shame the same period Killie and St Johnstone who were shocking at the time went through a run of games where they won something like 4 from 5 something that we have never achieved.

We could and should have got 3 points on Saturday but that is typical St Mirren lots of good performances go without due reward we are bottom of the league and play a team that until last week was bottom 6 and only 4 points ahead of us we should be looking to win too many draws in these next 2 months will see us cast adrift.

I'm not wanting to be all negative here, but I will be anyway. A lot of fans on here for too long, have imo been happy in almost every match to settle for a point. These draws are a big part in why we are only one of two teams in the top league to have never graced the top 6, and never even be close to it.

Hope I've edited your post correctly.[emoji3061]

We were in the top 6 in August. [emoji6]

Big game. I hope our players are up for it following the awarded points and use it as the extra motivation to go grab 3 points. We are more than capable of doing so - just need to be more clinical in front of goal. Erwins miss on Saturday epitomised our season. 

A chance for us to climb table if other results go our way! 

9 hours ago, Ronnie said:

I'm not wanting to be all negative here but I will be anyway alot of fans on here for too long have imo been happy in almost every match to (settle for a point) these draws are a big part in why we are only one of 2 teams in top league to never grace the top 6 and never even be close to it.

As for the (Unbeaten Run) with 3 of those games cup games and 2 being draws to lower league opposition is it really a big deal.

More than a few fans on here last season were overjoyed that we had a 10 game run that we "only lost to Celtic and Rangers" despite the fact it was only 1 victory to put this happiness to shame the same period Killie and St Johnstone who were shocking at the time went through a run of games where they won something like 4 from 5 something that we have never achieved.

We could and should have got 3 points on Saturday but that is typical St Mirren lots of good performances go without due reward we are bottom of the league and play a team that until last week was bottom 6 and only 4 points ahead of us we should be looking to win too many draws in these next 2 months will see us cast adrift.

Motherwell have as strong a squad as they've had in years, and will give some team a doing when they click,  Remember they've already beat Aberdeen 3-0 at Pittodrie this season. They are underachieving but that won't last they will easily finish top 6,  They have goalscorers in there team have 2 Scottish internationals in their defence, 

So lets be realistic and look at the facts of where we are now,  we struggle to score no matter how well we are playing and who we are playing then we unleash free scoring Lee Erwin off the bench to reek havoc.  (on the forum that is) 

Of course I would be overjoyed with a win fingers x that also keeps our unbeaten run intact long and may that continue. 

There's a feeling which I share that our squad isn't the worst in the division, however we need to emulate Hamilton and get a few big wins, beating Killie last Saturday put our two draws in the league against Utd. & Aberdeen into perspective.

Like others have said 'Well are probably closer to being a Top6 outfit than relegation strugglers and it'll be a difficult game but we have to start somewhere - as ever COYS! 

It appears not to matter how well we play- and recent performances have slightly improved- but until we acquire a goal scorer we are in grave danger of demotion again. I think JG should release those failing up front and replace with a centre forward. Please, no rejects from the English lower leagues though. For tomorrow, this is a game we must win, and Motherwell are not playing well so we ought to do it.

On 12/10/2020 at 10:05 AM, Saint@Johnstone said:

It appears not to matter how well we play- and recent performances have slightly improved- but until we acquire a goal scorer we are in grave danger of demotion again. I think JG should release those failing up front and replace with a centre forward. Please, no rejects from the English lower leagues though. For tomorrow, this is a game we must win, and Motherwell are not playing well so we ought to do it.

Other than Obika (admittedly not enough) I agree - the rest aren’t scoring enough. 

I think McAlister and Obika link up well.... Livi and Morton for example. But agree - overall, our performance in the final 3rd is the reason we are where we are. 

look ok as a defensive unit and the team reminds me of a Gus era squad, would be nice to have the right additions in the window to sort this and propel us forward - but easier said than done. 

21 minutes ago, pondsman said:

Have just bought a ticket to view the game as it was very reasonably priced at £12. Unlike some other clubs which seem to be pushing the boat out on charging for their games. 

Will be interesting to see how Motherwell's TV service compares to ours, which has had a few glitches, I must say.

Yeah, good price £12 as it should be. Livingston deserve to get relegated for their rip off pricing alone.

Have just bought a ticket to view the game as it was very reasonably priced at £12. Unlike some other clubs which seem to be pushing the boat out on charging for their games. 
Will be interesting to see how Motherwell's TV service compares to ours, which has had a few glitches, I must say.
According to a poster on P&B they have had a lot of problems with their live streaming. Last week seemed to be the first time that it worked properly.