Motherwell v St Mirren 12/12/20

faraway saint

1 minute ago, Hendo said:

Another good performance, deserved to win, on recent weeks we should be pushing for top 6 rather than fighting relegation. I hope those calling for Goody to go come on here tonight and admit they were wrong.

So, the previous umpteen games don't count, only the last 3? :lol:

Early, but encouraging, days. 

Great stuff , really solid performance again. Potentially , our choice of talent in midfield is the best we've had in many a year. Love seeing us play through JDH , we haven't had that movement and passing since John McGinn. We need to get him tied down or he'll be away soon to the likes of Aberdeen !

Fine 3 points. Played very well in the first half. Less well in second half and hanging on a bit towards the end.

How can Durmus play so well for 45 minutes, then disappear from the game in the second half?

And can't understand why JG persists with Erwin. Doesn't seem to offer anything when he comes on.

Looks like Jim Goodwin is proving himself to be a really solid appointment now. 

Great performance all round today. Should be looking for mid table now, no reason why not.

That's Dundee United played of the park, Aberdeen turned over twice and now Motherwell away. 

When was the last time we could say that ?

Also thought Erwin did well today when he came on, given all the stick he's been getting.

Just now, pondsman said:

Fine 3 points. Played very well in the first half. Less well in second half and hanging on a bit towards the end.

How can Durmus play so well for 45 minutes, then disappear from the game in the second half?

And can't understand why JG persists with Erwin. Doesn't seem to offer anything when he comes on.

Going by his comments in midweek, I get the impression Jim is really not happy with his options up front and Erwin is getting on by virtue of being the least worst option.

In all fairness to him, I thought he had a really good last 10 minutes and actually started to offer up good hold up play high up the park. His first 20 were chronic though.

1 minute ago, pondsman said:

IMO Erwin is no worse than Obika.

I don't have the stats but Obika must fall over more than any other player in Scotland.

At least Erwin stays on his feet most of the time - albeit he does't score often.

6 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Looks like Jim Goodwin is proving himself to be a really solid appointment now. 

Great performance all round today. Should be looking for mid table now, no reason why not.

That's Dundee United played of the park, Aberdeen turned over twice and now Motherwell away. 

When was the last time we could say that ?

Also thought Erwin did well today when he came on, given all the stick he's been getting.

We drew with Dundee United with NO shots on target and drew, in the league, with Aberdeen? :lol: 

9 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

IMO Erwin is no worse than Obika.

I don't have the stats but Obika must fall over more than any other player in Scotland.

At least Erwin stays on his feet most of the time - albeit he does't score often.

Totally agree, every move Obika involved in breaks down, honking player!

We looked solid today, the two centre backs played well and Erahon, JDH and McGrath all had good games. I thought we were really only under pressure when Jake Hastie came on as he did cause us problems down that side. Wrong move for him going to Rangers I reckon.

1 hour ago, northstbuddie said:

Over the past few games we have been playing consistently well.

Today's match is continuing that trend - everyone is pulling their weight.

Doyle Hayes is a steadying influence and must be one of our best signings for some time - although Tait, Shaughnesy and Fraser are running him close.

Didn't mean to exclude McGrath in that list (or McCarthy).

In addition, Erhahon and McPherson (from the Academy) are performing well.

It's just a pity that we can't find someone with a goal-scoring ability.

Edited by northstbuddie