Youth academy

38 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

It happens in all walks of life sadly.  Students at universities are taking their lives presently through stress and lack of support. 

They'll be a lot of disappointed young players out there.  Teams like us have picked many big team rejects and they have went on to great things. 

It's sad he didn't get that much needed support and backing.

Edited by pod

Are you saying that this lad has a brother in St Mirren’s academy?

A brother, I thought more likely a child or grandwean that isn't getting into the first team squad due to all the irish journeymen we've signed.

ETA, I was referring to the OP not the young fellow in the story.

5 hours ago, Yflab said:

Without being disrespectful of the dead, what has this got to do with St Mirren?

It's also a 7 year old article. Thousands upon Thousands of young footballers have sadly failed to make the grade since then. Absolutely bizarre to bring this up.

Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't Waldorf the poster who came on here after Magennis left, lamenting that Erhahon would be next out the door as we're a club not willing to give youth a chance? Erhahon has started every game since and signed a contract extension.

Sometimes it just easier to put your hands up and admit you got it wrong rather than doubling down.

8 hours ago, djchapsticks said:

It's also a 7 year old article. Thousands upon Thousands of young footballers have sadly failed to make the grade since then. Absolutely bizarre to bring this up.

Correct me if I'm wrong, wasn't Waldorf the poster who came on here after Magennis left, lamenting that Erhahon would be next out the door as we're a club not willing to give youth a chance? Erhahon has started every game since and signed a contract extension.

Sometimes it just easier to put your hands up and admit you got it wrong rather than doubling down.

Funny Erhahon starting getting a game after I raised the subject of him NOT getting played in his correct posi6.I said he was the type of player we must promote or he would be off.

30 minutes ago, waldorf34 said:

Funny Erhahon starting getting a game after I raised the subject of him NOT getting played in his correct posi6.I said he was the type of player we must promote or he would be off.

I'll give you your dues. It takes some amount of front to suggest that you're the reason Ethan is getting picked. :lol: 

3 hours ago, bazil85 said:

Nope, if you're going to put up such responses, it shouldn't be a surprise when people call you out on it. the article said he didn't want the help, so what? Needless and insensitive response. 

Every time I take you off ignore you manage to reach new heights of f**kwittery within days.

I'm a fool to myself for thinking you are capable of acting like a normal human being.

Back on you go.