Pay-at-the-gate fans allowed back first

Vambo57

42 minutes ago, Vambo57 said:

If the Club needs some dosh, as an ST holder, I wouldn't mind.

Discuss

If the club needs some “dosh” then it should be run properly, then it wouldn’t need to hire “ risk experts “ to clean up after it’s mess. Just saying 

3DEDEEC7-86FB-4272-A4DB-0A55A6388979.jpeg

Edited by ALBIONSAINT

8 minutes ago, Yflab said:

I reckon those appointments don’t come cheap. Add in the lawyers fees for the COVID case. Plus the loss of the stadium sponsor, lack of gate money and hospitality. Obviously we sold Kyle, but I can’t imagine there will be any money left to strengthen in January.

Well Jim Goodwin has said that if strikers don't start scoring he will find one who will I presume in January so must be money somewhere. 

I'm a bit disappointed in the responses so far folks.  They are way off topic.  No surprise there eh? 😃

The original post was basically asking for your opinion concerning allowing pay-at-the-gate fans back into the ground first - as opposed to ST holders - providing some income to the club.  If it is ST holders only, then this will cause a loss to the club.

Personally, I would be happy to wait and watch the games online until thousands are allowed back in.

What do you think?

16 minutes ago, Vambo57 said:

I'm a bit disappointed in the responses so far folks.  They are way off topic.  No surprise there eh? 😃

The original post was basically asking for your opinion concerning allowing pay-at-the-gate fans back into the ground first - as opposed to ST holders - providing some income to the club.  If it is ST holders only, then this will cause a loss to the club.

Personally, I would be happy to wait and watch the games online until thousands are allowed back in.

What do you think?

Not straightforward mate.

Depends on the numbers but there's a chance the pay at the gate punters wouldn't match the numbers allowed in.

Does anybody know what other clubs, Ross County for example, have done? 

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Not straightforward mate.

Depends on the numbers but there's a chance the pay at the gate punters wouldn't match the numbers allowed in.

Does anybody know what other clubs, Ross County for example, have done? 

Heard of ballots being done and if your successful then excluded from next ballot

Not sure if ST only but maybe easier to manage if it is with trace and protect and other protocols to follow 

Two obvious problems with the OP's suggestion IMO.

Firstly, it would be a giant-sized boot in the stones (or lady parts) for those who paid top whack for a full-season ST in the summer knowing they were giving the club a donation. 

Secondly, who would buy a ST in the future if non-ST holders get treated better than they do ?

14 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Two obvious problems with the OP's suggestion IMO.

Firstly, it would be a giant-sized boot in the stones (or lady parts) for those who paid top whack for a full-season ST in the summer knowing they were giving the club a donation. 

Secondly, who would buy a ST in the future if non-ST holders get treated better than they do ?

The OP, a season ticket holder, has already said that, for the good of the club he'd be ok with that.

Many, I don't happen to agree, would see it as a way to help in this unique and difficult time.

Your second point is, IMO, irrelevant as this is more than unlikely to occur again so it's a one off. 

To be honest as a ST holder I would want in, however I would gladly give a ‘donation’ to the tune of the value of the game ticket - to help the club out.

The day will come (hopefully soon), I have said many times on here that I hope the club is ready to act when the go ahead is given. It’s difficult as a partially filled stadium of ST holders only brings in hee haw revenue to the club.

Just now, RichardBuddie said:

To be honest as a ST holder I would want in, however I would gladly give a ‘donation’ to the tune of the value of the game ticket - to help the club out.

The day will come (hopefully soon), I have said many times on here that I hope the club is ready to act when the go ahead is given. It’s difficult as a partially filled stadium of ST holders only brings in hee haw revenue to the club.

Would make sense to continue to have PPV as an option? 

The ‘club’ can’t even have lunch together properly or travel Covid safe or even communicate properly or regular with fans.

Zero chance they’d know how to let fans in if they can’t do the basics between themselves!

The ‘club’ can’t even have lunch together properly or travel Covid safe or even communicate properly or regular with fans.

Zero chance they’d know how to let fans in if they can’t do the basics between themselves!

TBH that’s my big fear, one would think the 2 new guys (probably on decent ‘consultant’ rates), would be working up scenarios?

13 hours ago, Yflab said:

They have done more for St. Mirren than you or your offspring will ever do in generations of “supporting”. Anyhow I thought you had given up “supporting” the club.

The amount of hours that some of these volunteers have invested since the year 2000 would put you and I to shame.

They have done it because they believed in the concept of fan ownership from the outset and were driven by their desire to put the club first.  

Toolbag. I think that’s your favourite term of reference.

As i said listen to one of the bawbags incase he doesn't get in, absolutely pathetic response, what a clown🤣🤣

I'd hope that wouldn't happen till a full return is allowed.

Absolutely - would be harsh on fans that can’t get in who want to watch the game and would sever that income stream.

Just wonder when we might actually get back?

Another thing I’ve wondered is how the club would manage access / egress to seats and the toilet situation, catering etc?

Just now, RichardBuddie said:

Absolutely - would be harsh on fans that can’t get in who want to watch the game and would sever that income stream.

Just wonder when we might actually get back?

Another thing I’ve wondered is how the club would manage access / egress to seats and the toilet situation, catering etc?

Again, Ross County seem to have managed, why couldn't we...........................oh, wait. :rolleyes:

13 minutes ago, Yflab said:

What does it matter to you who gets in and who doesn’t? Toolbag.

Whats it got to do with u why it matters to me, u seem very interested in me, getting worried...seem to follow me about here like a sheep, and get ur own patter wee man, please dont reply as ur boring or can u not help yourself? Go wee man make a fool of yourself,,again!

Edited by Guest

So far in the limited tests with Ross County, ICT etc those allowed in have been ST holders. Besides the fact these people have paid up front for a season worth of games there are also practical reasons.

1. Track and Trace - the Club already has all the details of ST holders so can quickly chase up T&T if there is an outbreak of Covid.

2. Ease of issuing entry tickets. The Club can simply email a 'ticket' to those whose name has been lucky in the draw.

For non ST holders there would have to have a public sale which would be time-consuming selling tickets, taking contact details and the risk of a large number of people gathering without a 2 metre gap. There is also the cost of opening the ticket office. The alternative is sell tickets on-line meaning when we play the sevco or Sellic the stadium is full of bigots and Track & Trace goes out the window.

3. Fairness. The same non-ST holders would be able to apply for a ticket  each time possibly depriving other supporters from seeing a game.

4. More income. ST holders have already paid up front. If they get entry then those that really wanted entry can pay for PPV. Little income is generated with 300 fans considering the costs involved.

So ST holders should get entry.