Pay-at-the-gate fans allowed back first

Vambo57

39 minutes ago, Sonny said:

So far in the limited tests with Ross County, ICT etc those allowed in have been ST holders. Besides the fact these people have paid up front for a season worth of games there are also practical reasons.

1. Track and Trace - the Club already has all the details of ST holders so can quickly chase up T&T if there is an outbreak of Covid.

2. Ease of issuing entry tickets. The Club can simply email a 'ticket' to those whose name has been lucky in the draw.

For non ST holders there would have to have a public sale which would be time-consuming selling tickets, taking contact details and the risk of a large number of people gathering without a 2 metre gap. There is also the cost of opening the ticket office. The alternative is sell tickets on-line meaning when we play the sevco or Sellic the stadium is full of bigots and Track & Trace goes out the window.

3. Fairness. The same non-ST holders would be able to apply for a ticket  each time possibly depriving other supporters from seeing a game.

4. More income. ST holders have already paid up front. If they get entry then those that really wanted entry can pay for PPV. Little income is generated with 300 fans considering the costs involved.

So ST holders should get entry.

The seethe if they didn't get in would be great!

Speaking personally as a household with 2 STs we have absolutely no interest in travelling to attend games where spectating is limited and with restrictions. Happy now to wait for normality which should be next season. I appreciate that's probably a minority view but it really makes very little appeal as a match day experience with no opportunity to meet up pre or post match for a pint and sitting in a sparsely populated stadium in masks with set arrival and departure times etc. Not for us so happy to let whoever most benefits the club go if it comes to that this season (personally I'm doubtful pre split at least)

38 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

That's what I thought could happen to a few teams.

People might not be willing to take the risk, however small, at this stage. 

All in all, a fecking mess. 

There's probably an element of it just not being the same either. I'm not sure I'd fancy going to a game when there's only a few hundred in the ground. A big part of the enjoyment is the atmosphere IMO

3 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Speaking personally as a household with 2 STs we have absolutely no interest in travelling to attend games where spectating is limited and with restrictions. Happy now to wait for normality which should be next season. I appreciate that's probably a minority view but it really makes very little appeal as a match day experience with no opportunity to meet up pre or post match for a pint and sitting in a sparsely populated stadium in masks with set arrival and departure times etc. Not for us so happy to let whoever most benefits the club go if it comes to that this season (personally I'm doubtful pre split at least)

I'd thought this could be the case and you might be surprised how many feel the same way.

It's very similar reasons to us choosing not to go abroad on holiday, not even close to what I'd call a holiday. 

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

Jesus loves you.......

Everyone else thinks you’re an arsehole!

See thats the difference between u and i, i couldn't give a flying feck what anybody think of me unlike u...why u still stalking me wee guy?

4 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Would totally agree with that. We have 2 ST's  but not bothered at all about being included in the first 200/300 allowed back in. Would rather wait until everyone allowed in. 

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

I've published my name on here, something that you won't do. You're obviously too ashamed for all the lies you've told and trolling you've done. Wee Fud emoji23.png

The forum shitebag!

On 12/11/2020 at 5:57 PM, faraway saint said:

Not straightforward mate.

Depends on the numbers but there's a chance the pay at the gate punters wouldn't match the numbers allowed in.

Does anybody know what other clubs, Ross County for example, have done? 

Not sure how they were allocating tickets, but I'm sure I read that Inverness were struggling to get 300 fans to take tickets for 2 games so far, and have announced it's now "first come, first served"1

23 hours ago, HSS said:

ICT are changing the way they decide on who gets access as both games they’ve had have been short of “capacity”.

24 minutes ago, Gosport Buddie said:

Not sure how they were allocating tickets, but I'm sure I read that Inverness were struggling to get 300 fans to take tickets for 2 games so far, and have announced it's now "first come, first served"1

Aye, @HSS said that, which isn't a major surprise. 

On 12/12/2020 at 12:37 PM, Ayrshire Saints said:

That was more or less my thoughts before I posted.  Just wanted to know how others felt. 

For me, it's all about the whole matchday experience and the present arrangements are not appealing.

Happy to wait, as long as I can see it online.