Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Vambo57

Pay-at-the-gate fans allowed back first

Recommended Posts


42 minutes ago, Vambo57 said:

If the Club needs some dosh, as an ST holder, I wouldn't mind.

Discuss

If the club needs some “dosh” then it should be run properly, then it wouldn’t need to hire “ risk experts “ to clean up after it’s mess. Just saying 

3DEDEEC7-86FB-4272-A4DB-0A55A6388979.jpeg

Edited by ALBIONSAINT

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I reckon those appointments don’t come cheap. Add in the lawyers fees for the COVID case. Plus the loss of the stadium sponsor, lack of gate money and hospitality. Obviously we sold Kyle, but I can’t imagine there will be any money left to strengthen in January.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Yflab said:

I reckon those appointments don’t come cheap. Add in the lawyers fees for the COVID case. Plus the loss of the stadium sponsor, lack of gate money and hospitality. Obviously we sold Kyle, but I can’t imagine there will be any money left to strengthen in January.

Well Jim Goodwin has said that if strikers don't start scoring he will find one who will I presume in January so must be money somewhere. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, portmahomack saint said:

Where and when did he say that elvis sounds promising i've backed us to win the league Tony gave me the nod  :guinness

Go on to facebook and look for not the old firm. Post. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, elvis said:

Well Jim Goodwin has said that if strikers don't start scoring he will find one who will I presume in January so must be money somewhere. 

https://www.nottheoldfirm.com/interview/st-mirren-manager-jim-goodwin-happy-to-see-government-support-as-he-sends-buddies-striker-message/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm a bit disappointed in the responses so far folks.  They are way off topic.  No surprise there eh? 😃

The original post was basically asking for your opinion concerning allowing pay-at-the-gate fans back into the ground first - as opposed to ST holders - providing some income to the club.  If it is ST holders only, then this will cause a loss to the club.

Personally, I would be happy to wait and watch the games online until thousands are allowed back in.

What do you think?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Vambo57 said:

I'm a bit disappointed in the responses so far folks.  They are way off topic.  No surprise there eh? 😃

The original post was basically asking for your opinion concerning allowing pay-at-the-gate fans back into the ground first - as opposed to ST holders - providing some income to the club.  If it is ST holders only, then this will cause a loss to the club.

Personally, I would be happy to wait and watch the games online until thousands are allowed back in.

What do you think?

Not straightforward mate.

Depends on the numbers but there's a chance the pay at the gate punters wouldn't match the numbers allowed in.

Does anybody know what other clubs, Ross County for example, have done? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Not straightforward mate.

Depends on the numbers but there's a chance the pay at the gate punters wouldn't match the numbers allowed in.

Does anybody know what other clubs, Ross County for example, have done? 

Heard of ballots being done and if your successful then excluded from next ballot

Not sure if ST only but maybe easier to manage if it is with trace and protect and other protocols to follow 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, God of war said:

Ffs can u imagine the SMISA mob if they didn't get in 1st😀 couldn't run a raffle but think they are the saviours!

They have done more for St. Mirren than you or your offspring will ever do in generations of “supporting”. Anyhow I thought you had given up “supporting” the club.
 

The amount of hours that some of these volunteers have invested since the year 2000 would put you and I to shame.
 

They have done it because they believed in the concept of fan ownership from the outset and were driven by their desire to put the club first.  
 

Toolbag. I think that’s your favourite term of reference.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Two obvious problems with the OP's suggestion IMO.

Firstly, it would be a giant-sized boot in the stones (or lady parts) for those who paid top whack for a full-season ST in the summer knowing they were giving the club a donation. 

Secondly, who would buy a ST in the future if non-ST holders get treated better than they do ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Wilbur said:

Two obvious problems with the OP's suggestion IMO.

Firstly, it would be a giant-sized boot in the stones (or lady parts) for those who paid top whack for a full-season ST in the summer knowing they were giving the club a donation. 

Secondly, who would buy a ST in the future if non-ST holders get treated better than they do ?

The OP, a season ticket holder, has already said that, for the good of the club he'd be ok with that.

Many, I don't happen to agree, would see it as a way to help in this unique and difficult time.

Your second point is, IMO, irrelevant as this is more than unlikely to occur again so it's a one off. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest as a ST holder I would want in, however I would gladly give a ‘donation’ to the tune of the value of the game ticket - to help the club out.

The day will come (hopefully soon), I have said many times on here that I hope the club is ready to act when the go ahead is given. It’s difficult as a partially filled stadium of ST holders only brings in hee haw revenue to the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, RichardBuddie said:

To be honest as a ST holder I would want in, however I would gladly give a ‘donation’ to the tune of the value of the game ticket - to help the club out.

The day will come (hopefully soon), I have said many times on here that I hope the club is ready to act when the go ahead is given. It’s difficult as a partially filled stadium of ST holders only brings in hee haw revenue to the club.

Would make sense to continue to have PPV as an option? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
To be honest as a ST holder I would want in, however I would gladly give a ‘donation’ to the tune of the value of the game ticket - to help the club out.

The day will come (hopefully soon), I have said many times on here that I hope the club is ready to act when the go ahead is given. It’s difficult as a partially filled stadium of ST holders only brings in hee haw revenue to the club.

The ‘club’ can’t even have lunch together properly or travel Covid safe or even communicate properly or regular with fans.

Zero chance they’d know how to let fans in if they can’t do the basics between themselves!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Scott-Leeds said:


The ‘club’ can’t even have lunch together properly or travel Covid safe or even communicate properly or regular with fans.

Zero chance they’d know how to let fans in if they can’t do the basics between themselves!

Ever since the Kibble have been involved there has been a distinct lack of news direct to the fans from “The Chairman”.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The ‘club’ can’t even have lunch together properly or travel Covid safe or even communicate properly or regular with fans.

Zero chance they’d know how to let fans in if they can’t do the basics between themselves!

TBH that’s my big fear, one would think the 2 new guys (probably on decent ‘consultant’ rates), would be working up scenarios?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Yflab said:

They have done more for St. Mirren than you or your offspring will ever do in generations of “supporting”. Anyhow I thought you had given up “supporting” the club.
 

The amount of hours that some of these volunteers have invested since the year 2000 would put you and I to shame.
 

They have done it because they believed in the concept of fan ownership from the outset and were driven by their desire to put the club first.  
 

Toolbag. I think that’s your favourite term of reference.

As i said listen to one of the bawbags incase he doesn't get in, absolutely pathetic response, what a clown🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...