Road To Hampden - Scottish Cup 20/21

shull

47 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You're probably right about that. I've assumed £500 per person for a 48 hour return ticket and 20 people travelling. TBH it's been so many years since I travelled abroad that I'm probably out by a factor of 2 or so.

You would be talking 20 players alone before you add the coaching staff, club doc and directors etc.

As other have said, let win it first then worry about the cost. 

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I don't recall anyone saying we'd have the full £3m for our playing budget.

The context is that we'd have a guaranteed £3m coming in and that would more than compensate for the total costs associated with playing 4 of those ties abroad. By some considerable margin.

Cost of flying people to Eastern Europe? I imagine you'd want them flying out the night before the game, staying the one night and then flying back straight after the game so that's probably about £10k on flights? Then you'd be looking at maybe £2k on a single night's accommodation with food and a few hundred quid on hiring a park for the day of the match. So maybe ball park £15k per trip, 4 away trips from 8 games is £60k. Now under the old financial rules I reckon the club would struggle to recoup £15k of expenses plus whatever home game expenses there would be against a Faroe Islands team or a far Eastern Europe team but a £3m minimum prize for taking part would be a different kettle of fish.

Or am I missing something here?

Quite a lot

3 minutes ago, Slash said:

Surely @beyond our ken needs to provide his costing analysis as to why it would be a disaster if we won the Scottish Cup?

Maybe it was better when we were facing relegation from the Championship rather than attempting to qualify for Europe.

Me?

I’m going to check my passport is up to date!

I was hoping for that too but he doesn't seem to have the guts to stick his head above the parapet and come up with alternative figures of his own.

If I could coax myself onto a plane I might get a passport sorted out as well.

It's incredible we're even talking about this being a possibility just a few years after narrowly missing relegation to League One.

Edited by oaksoft

21 hours ago, oaksoft said:

Who, apart from BOK, is worrying about the cost?

Who said i was worried,? I just pointed out that it exists

Along with tax and whatever else is due to other people out of ANY sum that comes in to the club, this possible payment will eventually represent less disposable income for the club than the headline figure

That's just a fact

9 hours ago, Slash said:

Surely @beyond our ken needs to provide his costing analysis as to why it would be a disaster if we won the Scottish Cup?

Maybe it was better when we were facing relegation from the Championship rather than attempting to qualify for Europe.

Me?

I’m going to check my passport is up to date!

Dear oh  dear!

If you don't like my viewpoint then fair enough.  But please don't add stuff to it that I never posted and deliberately twist my message, to try and make yourself look smart, it just makes you look silly.

As for this  idiot below, I have more to do with my life than check a football forum every 20 minutes just to see if people are noticing me, I might not be perfect,  but at least I'm not that kind of dickhead.

9 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I was hoping for that too but he doesn't seem to have the guts to stick his head above the parapet and come up with alternative figures of his own.

If I could coax myself onto a plane I might get a passport sorted out as well.

It's incredible we're even talking about this being a possibility just a few years after narrowly missing relegation to League One.

Edited by beyond our ken

3 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

Along with tax and whatever else is due to other people out of ANY sum that comes in to the club, this possible payment will eventually represent less disposable income for the club than the headline figure

That's just a fact

Hold on a minute.

Are you suggesting that ANYONE on here needed to be educated that £3m income doesn’t equal £3m profit?

Oh my lord! 🤣

2 hours ago, Slash said:

The only person looking silly appears to be you. You portray that this is an impending disaster similar to Leeds United and The Deid Club. 

We are merely having a bit of a laugh fantasising over something that may not even happen. We are easily 3rd or 4th favourites to lift the cup. That suits us - as it did in 1987 and 2013 at this exact same stage.

Our club learned some very valuable lessons from the 80s until the present day over player budgets, income and expenditure. 

We have responsible people in charge of our club who will set budgets accordingly. I reckon the achievement of getting to both semi finals has helped massively to fill the hole lost from lack of hospitality and match day revenue. 

I (and I’m sure many others) don’t want us to go splashing the cash on transfers and expensive contracts. I’d sooner we continue the path we are on. Invest and promote from our Academy. I’d rather see Cammy, Kyle, Ethan, Dylan and co representing us IF we qualify for Europe - this year or next!

The point people are making on your posts is that if you are going to make statements of doom and gloom over player contracts and travel expenditures at least back it up with some projections. We all know you can’t. Therefore we need to trust our BoD to make the right decisions over budgets.

Now given we are only dreaming at this stage I’ve checked my passport. It’s valid for travel next season. 

Hopefully we get a Spanish club, so that we can introduce you to this guy to make you smile.

92F01198-1D26-443B-BC93-575EE3B1642B.jpeg.c0df7dd07b38acb8573210c5a6916432.jpeg

I’ve tried to go easy on you

but you are a fantasist 

2 hours ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

Chartering an aircraft will be 50k plus alone with tax and fees. Your probably talking 70k per away match but hey it would be a bloody marvellous problem to have.

That’s the point. It’s not a problem. It’s not a problem to have £3m of income and....hell, let’s completely over egg the pudding £500k worth of expenses. 

13 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

That's just a fact

This is not the hot take you seem to think it is. 

14 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

That's just a fact

14 hours ago, beyond our ken said:

As for this  idiot below, I have more to do with my life than check a football forum every 20 minutes just to see if people are noticing me, I might not be perfect,  but at least I'm not that kind of dickhead.

Dear oh dear. What a state to get into. :lol:

I do love the idea that you truly believed anyone on here needed taught that income to a business is not all available as expenditure. :D 

I'm still struggling to find a single person on the thread who gave even a hint that they thought that all of the £3m would be available for wages. You appear to have constructed that particular strawman all on your own.

Edited by oaksoft

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Dear oh dear. What a state to get into. :lol:

I do love the idea that you truly believed anyone on here needed taught that income to a business is not all available as expenditure. :D 

I'm still struggling to find a single person on the thread who gave even a hint that they thought that all of the £3m would be available for wages. You appear to have constructed that particular strawman all on your own.

Feck up Soft-cock ya boring bas!

2 hours ago, Slash said:

In journalism, a hot take is a "piece of deliberately provocative commentary that is based almost entirely on shallow moralizing" in response to a news story, "usually written on tight deadlines with little research or reporting, and even less thought"

Thanks

It's great to know that you are there to look up this shite and save me the bother

• 2 weeks later...