Jump to content

St.mirren v Sevco 30th December


Oldfellow
 Share

Recommended Posts


Game moved to 3pm at the request of both clubs. Surely a larger ppv audience at the original time of 7 45 pm. We therefore lose income. I know a lot of people not working that day but can't understand why we agreed to this. Clearly there's something I'm not understanding
Isn't it the exact opposite reason, avoiding clashes with TV games thus we might sell more ? Or it could be the currants looking for more time to prepare for the two cheeks derby and we have agreed !!!
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Oldfellow said:

Game moved to 3pm at the request of both clubs. Surely a larger ppv audience at the original time of 7 45 pm. We therefore lose income. I know a lot of people not working that day but can't understand why we agreed to this. Clearly there's something I'm not understanding

Give us more rest time before our next game. 

Surely better to play during the day than at night.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can't ever remember any team getting two good results against Rangers in quick succession. Normally one point or a win and a humping is the order of the day. Absolutely no reason why we shouldn't break that and beat them twice. Tiredness won't be an excuse as Rangers have been playing weekends and midweek all season and have no issues so we shouldn't look to that as an excuse. All the players will be up for it.

The team almost picks itself with Obika starting up front and central midfield and defence exactly as they have been for weeks now. The wings are more interesting. Either Mason (is he still suspended?) or Durmus on the left and either Connolly or Morias on the right. I think Morias has shown he's better on the right wing than the left and needs a run there to prove himself.

My preference would be Mason and Connolly for this one. Durmus would leave Tait exposed I think and whilst Morias can tear most left defenses a new one in this league, Rangers will probably snuff him out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

57 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Can't ever remember any team getting two good results against Rangers in quick succession. Normally one point or a win and a humping is the order of the day. Absolutely no reason why we shouldn't break that and beat them twice. Tiredness won't be an excuse as Rangers have been playing weekends and midweek all season and have no issues so we shouldn't look to that as an excuse. All the players will be up for it.

The team almost picks itself with Obika starting up front and central midfield and defence exactly as they have been for weeks now. The wings are more interesting. Either Mason (is he still suspended?) or Durmus on the left and either Connolly or Morias on the right. I think Morias has shown he's better on the right wing than the left and needs a run there to prove himself.

My preference would be Mason and Connolly for this one. Durmus would leave Tait exposed I think and whilst Morias can tear most left defenses a new one in this league, Rangers will probably snuff him out.

 Don’t worry that your memory is failing.   It was quite long ago.

 

At least 12 years.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, DougJamie said:

Wasnt that impressed with them against Hibs ...seriously nothing to fear here ...... one defeat in 13 games WE are the form team in Scotland..... hope they are shitting themselves 😎

They beat Hibs, we didnae? 

Aye, the form team taking into account league cup games that other TOP teams weren't involved in.

Reality is we are NOT the form team in Scotland. 

image.png.dd7db035e7d8eba93933a26ac8beb805.png

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

They beat Hibs, we didnae? 

Aye, the form team taking into account league cup games that other TOP teams weren't involved in.

Reality is we are NOT the form team in Scotland. 

image.png.dd7db035e7d8eba93933a26ac8beb805.png

 

 

Maybe not but you seem to have forgotten that we just won 3 games against Rangers and Aberdeen in just a few weeks. Much bigger scalps than Hibs.

Take yer "aye buts" and flush them down the toilet. We don't need anyone to piss on our chips at the moment. Why you can't just enjoy this period of games is anyone's guess. :rolleyes:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, antrin said:

 Don’t worry that your memory is failing.   It was quite long ago.

 

At least 12 years.

 

4 hours ago, Cookie Monster said:

Wasn't that another Rangers? emoji6.png

Jings!  It was my  memory that screwed up, there.  :o

The new club is only 8 years old!  It was only in Twenty-12 that the old club died - not 12 years ago.

Sorry.

And ta, Cookie Monster  :)

 

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

35 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Maybe not but you seem to have forgotten that we just won 3 games against Rangers and Aberdeen in just a few weeks. Much bigger scalps than Hibs.

Take yer "aye buts" and flush them down the toilet. We don't need anyone to piss on our chips at the moment. Why you can't just enjoy this period of games is anyone's guess. :rolleyes:

What he said. 

And I hadn't forgotten, I was pointing out that despite someone saying Hibs were no great shakes they beat us.

As usual you make things up, where, exactly, did I piss on anybody's chips or say I wasn't enjoying the recent run of form?

As for you saying " we", hilarious, you've never been part of "we" as far as I have ever seen, or anyone can verify. 

27 minutes ago, Yflab said:

No we never. Drew one against Aberdeen in the league. The other two were cup wins against Sevco and the Sheep.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

Unfortunately I don't think JG will set the team up the same given it's a league game. I hope I'm wrong because they are there for the taking. Hibs were ultimately unfortunate not to take something away from Ipox.

I don't see why he wouldn't, Sevco play virtually the same system every game and are beginning too look a bit leggy, we've deservedly beaten them once I see no reason why we can't do it again...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, stlucifer said:

Why do you persist in making a fool of yourself with daft emojis? They are very obviously beatable since we did just that less than a month ago. Or was that yet another incarnation of the dead club?

Ok, let me explain, you're an idiot.

Anybody is "beatable" ya fool.

Rangers are there for the taking, what, exactly are you basing this on? 

Since we, deservedly, beat them they have beat Motherwell 3-1 , St Johnstone 3-0 and Hibs 1-0.

Stats below against Hibs, who beat us............

image.png.1b5016685d21499862d03b7f192de49f.png

Stats against St Johnstone, who we beat 3-2......................

image.png.0cefa6bc81e6015ec08563c0170b12ce.png

Stats against Motherwell, who we beat 1-0................

image.png.eaecb283bd4d8ed0dec1751a9e4a452a.png

In future, this will do as it says it all.................:1eye

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...