St.mirren v Sevco 30th December

Oldfellow

1 minute ago, Yflab said:

Div had to take necessary action. Info is in the T&Cs of the website.

Religous Prejudice
There has been much comment in the media, and indeed on these forums about the use of religious prejudice in Scottish Society, and of particular relevance to us on this forum, where this seeps into the fabric of our favourite national sport.To clarify the position in Scots Law with regard the use of religious prejudice note the following revised sections of Scots Criminal Law;Section 74 (2) specifies that an offence is aggravated by religious prejudice if;A. at the time of committing the offence or immediately before or after doing so, the offender evinces towards the victim (if any) of the offence, malice or ill-will based on the victim's membership (or presumed membership) of a religious group, or of a social or cultural group with a perceived religious affiliation; or B. the offence is motivated (wholly or partly) by malice and ill-will towards members of a religious group, or of a social or cultural group with a perceived religious affiliation, based on their membership of that group. In real terms these offences do not need to be verbal. They apply to written form as well and of course this affects Pie and Bovril members. You can see a real life example of the sort of thing that can happen by reviewing this article which reports on an offender being charged with committing a "religiously aggravated breach of the peace" for wearing a t-shirt which had the words "dirty horrible ****" written on it. Thus, in order to protect ourselves, and you our members, I thought it necessary to eliminate any grey areas which currently exist in the forum policy. With immediate effect the use of religiously prejudicial terms including but not limited to terms like "***", "tim", "********", "********" and the like will not be tolerated on these forums. We will use a filter to catch most of these terms before they are posted however we are aware that a large number of ways exist to circumvent that filter so for clarification any posts made that include these sorts of terms, and any posts made which indicate a religious prejudice on the forum will be removed by the moderators and the posters issued with warnings.

Further subsequent warnings will result in a permanent ban from the board.Similarly if we are approached by any criminal authority relating to any post made on the board we will provide IP and email details to assist with any investigation that arises as a result of any post made on the board.If you see a post on the forum you are unhappy with and you think contravenes this policy please raise it via the complaints forum and it will be dealt with as quickly as we can. Remember we have several thousand posts made here every day and it is impossible for us to read and approve every one. Self policing will help us make the forum a better place to be.

Aw FFS!!! That is utter bollocks

Will be interesting to see how many return. Loads people i know saying they will never go back. Others who are really missing it saying they cannot wait to go back. I wonder if people enjoying it more because of sheer boredom as at times is a really poor product. Think the prices defo need looked at due to financial struggles for a lot of people. 

6 hours ago, God of war said:

Will be interesting to see how many return. Loads people i know saying they will never go back. Others who are really missing it saying they cannot wait to go back. I wonder if people enjoying it more because of sheer boredom as at times is a really poor product. Think the prices defo need looked at due to financial struggles for a lot of people. 

The world has moved on. Some mixture of reducing prices for those turning up and making games available for a low fee on live stream (for both UK and overseas fans) is the only way forward for the Scottish game. Of course, that would require administrators and club owners to have the ability to think outside the constricts of 20th century business models so it'll never happen.

I think if people are honest they will say its a very poor product for the money involved. Because people are emotionally involved they get away with stupid pricing. Some players can hardly trap a ball or pass it 5 yards and fans can be expected to pay £25 to watch it.Shull defo has it spot on when he talks about the league being part-time and £10 admission for whats on offer. 

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

The world has moved on. Some mixture of reducing prices for those turning up and making games available for a low fee on live stream (for both UK and overseas fans) is the only way forward for the Scottish game. Of course, that would require administrators and club owners to have the ability to think outside the constricts of 20th century business models so it'll never happen.

If the "fee" to watch in the UK was reduced you could well see a drop in attendances, having a massive effect on clubs finances. 

I'm sure people that run football clubs are more on top of the clubs finances than you. 

8 hours ago, God of war said:

What they gonie da, help the wifie with shopping, a bit of DIY, the pub( finances wilnie go that far).  I'll be back. A poor product is better than no product.  :wink:  

I must live on another planet. I’m well aware that people have differing financial situations. There are plenty things in life I’d love to be able to do but I can’t afford. So I don’t do them. No one is forcing anyone to go anywhere. 20 odd quid seems like a reasonable price for an afternoon’s entertainment to me. As for the quality of the product, I refer to my previous statement that no one is forcing anyone to go. Either you think it’s value for money or you don’t. Simple choice. No whining necessary. I don’t think Range Rovers are value for money, so I bought a Japanese car instead. Plenty of people still drive Range Rovers though. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

If the "fee" to watch in the UK was reduced you could well see a drop in attendances, having a massive effect on clubs finances. 

I'm sure people that run football clubs are more on top of the clubs finances than you. 

Yes, this is the sort of backwards, narrow-minded thinking which saw the demise of so many major players in the games and music industry.

Both industries went through the same thing. Vastly inflated prices led to piracy on a seemingly unmanageable scale. "But we canny drop prices cos wur pure f**ked if we dae. Piracy wull kill oor industry anaw". Result? Free music and games everywhere but both multi-billion dollar industries. Only the dinosaur companies disappeared.

Football is in the same hole and seems to want to make the same mistakes as the major players in those other two industries. Change is coming. It's irrelevant what you think about it. Covid is only speeding up that process. It's no surprise to see that you can't see a fooking thing beyond your own nose. :D

1 hour ago, StanleySaint said:

I've enjoyed being able to see Saints more this season due to the ppv option but would much rather be able to go to the game even though it means less games seen/attended.

And this is the point.

Even if games were free online, people would still go to the live games in their thousands because there is no experience like it. It is an utterly unique selling point. It's like going to a concert. Sure it's great on Youtube but nothing can replicate the feel of actually being there. It's the reason so many of us went to the two major Cup finals even though both were free to air.

Those running our game don't seem to have grasped what the unique selling point of their business is. It's not the football. It's the live experience. And from pre-match entertainment, through to food quality and half-time stuff, they are sorely neglecting it.

Edited by oaksoft

1 hour ago, pod said:

What they gonie da, help the wifie with shopping, a bit of DIY, the pub( finances wilnie go that far).  I'll be back. A poor product is better than no product.  :wink:  

Those who no longer want the live experience will simply watch it for free on the internet.

48 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I must live on another planet. I’m well aware that people have differing financial situations. There are plenty things in life I’d love to be able to do but I can’t afford. So I don’t do them. No one is forcing anyone to go anywhere. 20 odd quid seems like a reasonable price for an afternoon’s entertainment to me. As for the quality of the product, I refer to my previous statement that no one is forcing anyone to go. Either you think it’s value for money or you don’t. Simple choice. No whining necessary. I don’t think Range Rovers are value for money, so I bought a Japanese car instead. Plenty of people still drive Range Rovers though. 

If you don't care about why we only ever get just over half the stadium full then yes, this is not something to worry about.

2 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Yes, this is the sort of backwards, narrow-minded thinking which saw the demise of so many major players in the games and music industry.

Both industries went through the same thing. Vastly inflated prices led to piracy on a seemingly unmanageable scale. "But we canny drop prices cos wur pure f**ked if we dae. Piracy wull kill oor industry anaw". Result? Free music and games everywhere but both multi-billion dollar industries. Only the dinosaur companies disappeared.

Football is in the same hole and seems to want to make the same mistakes as the major players in those other two industries. Change is coming. It's irrelevant what you think about it. Covid is only speeding up that process. It's no surprise to see that you can't see a fooking thing beyond your own nose. :D

You, yet again, show you don't understand the difference between purchasing a song or a game than a form of entertainment that relies heavily on crowd participation.

That probably comes from you never going to any matches so let me try to explain.

Music, including concerts,  and the games industry STILL rely very heavily on people purchasing their products. 

Football ISN'T in the same hole and if you mean dropping prices, is coming, then you're more stupid than you come across.

As I've pointed out, it's irrelevant what you think as you are not a customer and have no experience of anything to do with football. 

5 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You, yet again, show you don't understand the difference between purchasing a song or a game than a form of entertainment that relies heavily on crowd participation.

That probably comes from you never going to any matches so let me try to explain.

Music, including concerts,  and the games industry STILL rely very heavily on people purchasing their products. 

Football ISN'T in the same hole and if you mean dropping prices, is coming, then you're more stupid than you come across.

As I've pointed out, it's irrelevant what you think as you are not a customer and have no experience of anything to do with football. 

Exactly, it’s a well known fact that most musicians now make most of their money from touring. Not from record sales. 

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

If you don't care about why we only ever get just over half the stadium full then yes, this is not something to worry about.

You think reducing prices will get more people through the door? I respectfully disagree. It’s been tried many times in the past and has failed every time. 

8 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

FFS the music and games industries have totally changed. Both looked at what their USP was to defeat piracy.

Honestly, discussing anything with you is like trying to pass a hedgehog through my colon.

4 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Exactly, it’s a well known fact that most musicians now make most of their money from touring. Not from record sales. 

Which is exactly MY point. The music industry has had to completely change to survive piracy.

Both of you are arguing my point for me and neither of you seems to have realised that. :D

Edited by oaksoft

Just now, oaksoft said:

FFS the music and games industries have totally changed. Both looked at what their USP was to defeat piracy.

Honestly, discussing anything with you is like trying to pass a hedgehog through my colon.

Still you don't get it.

Apples and oranges, but I'll leave it at that, my sides are getting sore. 

No point discussing anything to do with football with you as it's well outside your comfort zone. 

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

That's not what I said.

Apologies if I misinterpreted what you meant. I thought the below post suggested you thought reduced prices would bring more people through the door. If that’s not what you think, then in terms of the live product, surely reducing prices will only see us lose money, regardless of what we might choose to charge for online viewing. The two aren’t mutually exclusive. 

12 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

13 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Which is exactly MY point. The music industry has had to completely change to survive piracy.

Both of you are arguing my point for me and neither of you seems to have realised that. :D

Erm....no we’re not. We’re both simply saying, if you reduce the cost of a live event and don’t get more people through the door as a consequence, then you lose money. 

43 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Boyle at Motherwell tried to reduce the prices and it failed to increase attendances.

I do remember paying £1 in the “OAP” gate for the famous Mehmet Sutton comeback 3-2 game. Full price was a fiver. Ye can take the boy outa Paisley....

It's been discussed to death on here in the past, it's only this year Oaky has tried to involve himself in football discussions so it'll have went right over his head.

Edited by faraway saint

13 hours ago, Yflab said:

Div had to take necessary action. Info is in the T&Cs of the website.

Religous Prejudice
There has been much comment in the media, and indeed on these forums about the use of religious prejudice in Scottish Society, and of particular relevance to us on this forum, where this seeps into the fabric of our favourite national sport.To clarify the position in Scots Law with regard the use of religious prejudice note the following revised sections of Scots Criminal Law;Section 74 (2) specifies that an offence is aggravated by religious prejudice if;A. at the time of committing the offence or immediately before or after doing so, the offender evinces towards the victim (if any) of the offence, malice or ill-will based on the victim's membership (or presumed membership) of a religious group, or of a social or cultural group with a perceived religious affiliation; or B. the offence is motivated (wholly or partly) by malice and ill-will towards members of a religious group, or of a social or cultural group with a perceived religious affiliation, based on their membership of that group. In real terms these offences do not need to be verbal. They apply to written form as well and of course this affects Pie and Bovril members. You can see a real life example of the sort of thing that can happen by reviewing this article which reports on an offender being charged with committing a "religiously aggravated breach of the peace" for wearing a t-shirt which had the words "dirty horrible ****" written on it. Thus, in order to protect ourselves, and you our members, I thought it necessary to eliminate any grey areas which currently exist in the forum policy. With immediate effect the use of religiously prejudicial terms including but not limited to terms like "***", "tim", "********", "********" and the like will not be tolerated on these forums. We will use a filter to catch most of these terms before they are posted however we are aware that a large number of ways exist to circumvent that filter so for clarification any posts made that include these sorts of terms, and any posts made which indicate a religious prejudice on the forum will be removed by the moderators and the posters issued with warnings.

Further subsequent warnings will result in a permanent ban from the board.Similarly if we are approached by any criminal authority relating to any post made on the board we will provide IP and email details to assist with any investigation that arises as a result of any post made on the board.If you see a post on the forum you are unhappy with and you think contravenes this policy please raise it via the complaints forum and it will be dealt with as quickly as we can. Remember we have several thousand posts made here every day and it is impossible for us to read and approve every one. Self policing will help us make the forum a better place to be.

It's funny that it seems OK to use the term "tim" in it's entirety but not the other words.  Also, if your substitute  word entirely consists of asterisks then it is impossible to understand exactly what that word is-it could be anything.