St.mirren v Sevco 30th December

Oldfellow

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

If you don't care about why we only ever get just over half the stadium full then yes, this is not something to worry about.

Out of interest, what could the club do to help you decide to start going to games  ?

Asking for a friend :rolleyes:

3 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

You think reducing prices will get more people through the door? I respectfully disagree. It’s been tried many times in the past and has failed every time. 

And why do you think that is? Because the product on show is very poor all-round IMO.. 

6 minutes ago, God of war said:

And why do you think that is? Because the product on show is very poor all-round IMO.. 

The product varies slightly from season to season and with Scottish football run the way it is I don’t believe it will ever get significantly better. Our average crowds pre Covid were better than they have been for many a year and in any case I believe there is a finite number of people who are ever likely to come along. Also the quality of the product is entirely subjective. There seemed to be plenty people who thought it was just fine. These people I would call realists.

Either way, as I said in an earlier post, if people think the product is shite then like you, they don’t need to come. 

17 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

The product varies slightly from season to season and with Scottish football run the way it is I don’t believe it will ever get significantly better. Our average crowds pre Covid were better than they have been for many a year and in any case I believe there is a finite number of people who are ever likely to come along. Also the quality of the product is entirely subjective. There seemed to be plenty people who thought it was just fine. These people I would call realists.

Either way, as I said in an earlier post, if people think the product is shite then like you, they don’t need to come. 

That's the key point when some were being "unrealistic" about where our crowds could go when this was discussed over the last few years.

We, are about as high as we could go, outwith another Sir Alex coming along, and even at that, those days are unlikely ever to return. 

The quality is a factor but WINNING is the key factor in bringing any people back or any new blood. 

Edited by faraway saint

7 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

That's the key point when some were being "unrealistic" about where our crowds could go when this was discussed over the last few years.

We, are about as high as we could go, outwith another Sir Alex coming along, and even at that, those days are unlikely ever to return. 

The quality is a factor but WINNING is the key factor in bringing any people back or any new blood. 

Yup. If we could get as good as we’re likely to get (which for me would be regular top 6 finishes and maybe the odd European slot here and there), I believe we could maybe squeeze our average gate up from its current ca.5500 to about 6500 or at the very most 7000. That for me is the absolute limit of our capability. 

3 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Apologies if I misinterpreted what you meant. 

No probs. The issue is that clubs are overcharging for a substandard product (not just the 90 minutes of football) and don't seem to understand what their USP is. Until they deal with that they'll struggle with increased illegal streaming.

4 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Great or should that be grate.......let me know and I’ll get some popcorn 🍿 in.

Hopefully it’s less painful watching than the film script you are making. 

There's no reason why both can't be equally painful for you. For a start, I have introduced words of more than 2 syllables into the film script.

4 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Yup. If we could get as good as we’re likely to get (which for me would be regular top 6 finishes and maybe the odd European slot here and there), I believe we could maybe squeeze our average gate up from its current ca.5500 to about 6500 or at the very most 7000. That for me is the absolute limit of our capability. 

It would obviously also help if teams like Hamilton, Livvy, RossCo and to lesser extent St. Johnstone, were replaced in the Premiership by teams like Hearts, Dundee, Dunfermline and specifically in relation to us, Morton.

I also think that no other team in the Premiership should ever want us to get relegated as per head of home support, I reckon we must have the best away support in the country. 

3 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

It would obviously also help if teams like Hamilton, Livvy, RossCo and to lesser extent St. Johnstone, were replaced in the Premiership by teams like Hearts, Dundee, Dunfermline and specifically in relation to us, Morton.

I also think that no other team in the Premiership should ever want us to get relegated as per head of home support, I reckon we must have the best away support in the country. 

Maybe that's because people like me only go to away games as the games at home are less enjoyable due to the amount of moaning faced cnuts that seem to think their main job is to whine at out team/players and manager. :wink:

There's no reason why both can't be equally painful for you. For a start, I have introduced words of more than 2 syllables into the film script.
That might have been funny if it was in reply to a post that didn't contain a three syllable word.

Also, if he didn't understand three syllable words, then he wouldn't understand "syllable".

Put a bit more effort into your "humour" in future. [emoji12]

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Try asking Hearts next season that question about us getting relegated  :lol:

Something along these lines might be a start to getting more fans into football. Will never happen. How good would it be to see the OF operate under these conditions. Bet they would have 10% of their fans turning up !

Some kind of financial cap that all clubs could reach easily would help too.

https://www.datadriveninvestor.com/2020/04/23/how-the-nfl-encourages-fair-competition/

49 minutes ago, Tommy said:

So we can expect to see you next season inside St Mirren stadium then   :lol:

I'll be the handsome, rich amd deeply content person sitting as far as humanly possible away from other people, any of whom could ruin my day by trying to strike up a conversation. Every time I go for a walk, feckers keep trying to say hello as I pass them. Last week someone I didn't even know put a Christmas card through my door. I swear it hit the bottom of my bin unopened before the guy had reached the end of my path.

Why people cannot take a fecking hint I will never know.

18 hours ago, Yflab said:

Maybe one of our international supporters can tell us whether SMTV hae been providing coverage of away games prior to this season.

Last season I couldn't watch away games on SMTV. Had to watch through the home teams channel or Hesgoal. 

This season I get to see everything on SMTV. 

27 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I'll be the handsome, rich amd deeply content person sitting as far as humanly possible away from other people, any of whom could ruin my day by trying to strike up a conversation. Every time I go for a walk, feckers keep trying to say hello as I pass them. Last week someone I didn't even know put a Christmas card through my door. I swear it hit the bottom of my bin unopened before the guy had reached the end of my path.

Maybe the wee camera, that he'd installed in the room where that bin is, wisnae working?  :unsure:

40 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

You would be better supporting the Accies then :rolleyes: