St.mirren v Sevco 30th December

Oldfellow

51 minutes ago, FTOF said:

No left foot?

Did you miss the excellent cross he put in earlier?

It was more a case of not losing possession by punting the ball up the park.

Shaugnessy is 100% to blame.

Of course Shaughnessy's was to blame!!! 

Tait always tries to get on his right foot if he can. Watch him closely in the game. He always goes with his right foot if he can. Not ideal at left back! The short pass up the line to Mason was on. Mason was out of the picture from the side camera angle, but when you see it again from behind the goal he was clearly on for a left footed pass up the line. 

Don't get me wrong, I like Tait as a player though.....

And Shaughnessy's was 100% to blame. I am only mentioning the fact that if Tait had played the forward ball that was DEFINITELY on, we wouldn't have been in the situation. 

Anyway, I think overall, we were very unlucky today. I thought we played well. 

Not a particularly bad performance, but Rangers didn't have to really get out of 2nd gear to get the points.

Different subs could've made the game a lot less comfortable for them i'd say; no real reason to have 2 defenders on down the left side after it went 2-0 for example, could've definitely changed upfront sooner and Connolly looked tired long before he went off.

I'd take the opportunity to rotate against Kilmarnock.

4 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

Yes, he had a save from McGrath right at the start, but that was about it.

He had to block one from Obika as well. 

Two mistakes, two goals. Apart from that The rangers didn't exactly test Alnwick.

We matched them though it's hard to judge if they sat on their lead after the second goal.

Nothing really lost today was a free shot. Unlucky with first goal, second Christmas present killed the game for us. Rangers after that sat back and soaked up pressure. We played okay but once again toothless, albeit against best defence in league. I agree other games much more important but a bit disappointed we didn’t make more of the game as before they scored we were matching them

6 minutes ago, stlucifer said:

He had to block one from Obika as well.  - I thought that was more an attempted cross, rather than a shot but, yes, McGregor had to deal with it.

Two mistakes, two goals. Apart from that The rangers didn't exactly test Alnwick.

We matched them though it's hard to judge if they sat on their lead after the second goal.

No, they didn't, but that shouldn't gloss over our lack of punch up front. I also thought the body language of our players was poor, as if they didn't believe they could win the game.

Edited by saint in exile

8 minutes ago, saint in exile said:

That's irrelevant. They conceded 3 to us in the cup match.

No it’s not. We scored 3 against them in the league cup not the league. So as I said, we didn’t score against a team that is unbeaten in the league and has only conceded 4 goals away from home all season ( in the league) 

I am comparing today’s performance against those of the past when if rangers had been two up at half time I would be hiding behind the couch for the second half. I genuinely believed that if we had enough about us to come back today, I haven’t experienced that feeling for several years.