St.mirren v Sevco 30th December

Oldfellow

2 minutes ago, Helmettroll said:

McGrath had a shot saved in the opening 30 seconds.

Let's not get bogged down in bickering about was it one or was it two, overall we never really looked like scoring. :lol:

Played well, we have no way of knowing what might have happened had we scored, we didn't, they didn't need to score any more.

They also have a big game coming up on Saturday, that could easily have been on their minds as the game went on.

Our performance is more important, and we played pretty well.

Passed the ball reasonably well, although not as well as the league cup game where were were faster and sharper IMO.

At no point in the match did I feel we were getting schooled by Rangers a team that cost multiple millions of times the cost of our current team. I thought we competed very well and came close to scoring a number of times. We lack the composure of a Roofe or Morelos but then we cannot afford the likes of them. At the end Dennis had 2 shots blocked also so for me on a different day we could have at least scored one and had enough chances to at least draw,

When was the last time Rangers had to fluke a win from us with a deflected goal and a stupid mistake from one of our players. In recent years they, celtic and a number of teams have systematically dismantled us winning easily. This season is the first where I have seen us compete in almost every game and have thought before each match that this game is winnable instead of hoping for a draw or low score loss.

SS 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Let's not get bogged down in bickering about was it one or was it two, overall we never really looked like scoring. :lol:

Played well, we have no way of knowing what might have happened had we scored, we didn't, they didn't need to score any more.

They also have a big game coming up on Saturday, that could easily have been on their minds as the game went on.

Our performance is more important, and we played pretty well.

Passed the ball reasonably well, although not as well as the league cup game where were were faster and sharper IMO.

Awright da 😂

5 minutes ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

No it’s not. We scored 3 against them in the league cup not the league. So as I said, we didn’t score against a team that is unbeaten in the league and has only conceded 4 goals away from home all season ( in the league) 

I am comparing today’s performance against those of the past when if rangers had been two up at half time I would be hiding behind the couch for the second half. I genuinely believed that if we had enough about us to come back today, I haven’t experienced that feeling for several years. 

A goal is a goal, doesn't matter if its in the cup or league. We should have been high on confidence against them.

Did we deserve to lose? Probably not, given a bit of luck. Did we deserve to win? Did we buggery!

1 minute ago, Swiss_Saint said:

At no point in the match did I feel we were getting schooled by Rangers a team that cost multiple millions of times the cost of our current team. I thought we competed very well and came close to scoring a number of times. We lack the composure of a Roofe or Morelos but then we cannot afford the likes of them. At the end Dennis had 2 shots blocked also so for me on a different day we could have at least scored one and had enough chances to at least draw,

When was the last time Rangers had to fluke a win from us with a deflected goal and a stupid mistake from one of our players. In recent years they, celtic and a number of teams have systematically dismantled us winning easily. This season is the first where I have seen us compete in almost every game and have thought before each match that this game is winnable instead of hoping for a draw or low score loss.

SS 

And therein lies the problem. Other than the recent little scoring run, we haven't looked like scoring many at all.

1 minute ago, saint in exile said:

A goal is a goal, doesn't matter if its in the cup or league. We should have been high on confidence against them.

Did we deserve to lose? Probably not, given a bit of luck. Did we deserve to win? Did we buggery!

Who knows what goes on at half time in the changing room, but I don’t think it would have helped 😂

14 minutes ago, the barrhead teacher said:

Nothing really lost today was a free shot. Unlucky with first goal, second Christmas present killed the game for us. Rangers after that sat back and soaked up pressure. We played okay but once again toothless, albeit against best defence in league. I agree other games much more important but a bit disappointed we didn’t make more of the game as before they scored we were matching them

Nothing lost apart from 3 points. That's a total losers attitude and totally tin pot statement...

Good performance from saints, if Obika had scored on the 6 minute mark it could have been different. I don’t think I have seen saints look so composed and confident in a long long time. We don’t play the arse cheeks every week so we should be looking to get into the top six. 

To be honest, I thought the chance in the opening seconds was an easier one.

Doyle Hayes again looked the classiest midfield player on the park - and Jamie McGrath was not far behind.

We have a lot to be positive about as we approach 2021.

Overall, Jim Goodwin's signings have achieved an improvement in our performances and (in recent weeks) also in our results.

Let's hope that we can improve our attacking flair in the January transfer window.

Keep playing like that and we should do ok this season.

Hopefully our rejects will keep the points gap between us and Ross C the same as before our game.

The Fakes and the Accies drawing is also good for us. 

I am more content with the team at this time of the year for as long as i can remember. 

43 minutes ago, God of war said:

Erahon needs rested and McPherson given a run. Players go by him far to easily at times.

I agree. He's definitely a promising youngster but Erhahon let Boyle past for the Hibs goal and , even today, he seemed afraid to put his foot in.

I thought MacPherson should have been on after an hour to give him time to get up to speed.