St.mirren v Sevco 30th December

Oldfellow

2 hours ago, BuddieinEK said:

I'm sure you don't, but it is a tad disappointing that you grudge our club just £12.50 to watch the match. emoji26.png

You're disappointed because you can't control Oaksoft's spending budget ? :lol:

Feck all to do with you.

1 minute ago, Slarti said:
11 minutes ago, slapsalmon said:
Bollocks, they come with a password by default

Depends what make of router it is. The ISP provided router/modems do, but 3rd party ones, not so much.

He won't be interested. His job was to kill a wee bit of fun between me and albionsaint.

1 hour ago, Tommy said:

Keep playing like that and we should do ok this season.

Hopefully our rejects will keep the points gap between us and Ross C the same as before our game.

The Fakes and the Accies drawing is also good for us. 

I am more content with the team at this time of the year for as long as i can remember. 

FFS Hibs, the rejects really let us down tonight.

Hope they play like that in the cup final  :rolleyes:

31 minutes ago, Tommy said:

FFS Hibs, the rejects really let us down tonight.

Hope they play like that in the cup final  :rolleyes:

Quite happy with that result. Hamilton or St Johnstone will be f'n great. 

At least County have a great away support compared to those 2 no mark teams.

You're disappointed because you can't control Oaksoft's spending budget ? [emoji38]
Feck all to do with you.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

That your best shot?
Oh my aching sides!

Once upon a time an ocassional post of yours was of interest to some. [emoji12]

3rd party ones do come with passwords, you'll be hard pressed to find any that dont
Most 3rd party ones that I have installed (probably a couple of hundred over the years) tend to have a username (usually "admin") and no password, WiFi or otherwise. It's usually part of the setup to choose a password. Admittedly, I've been out of that side of the game for a few years now, things may have changed but the new one I set up at home a couple if weeks ago never had a preset WiFi password.

Calling most of them routers is a bit of a push anyway, more like small L3 switches.

9 hours ago, Slarti said:

Most 3rd party ones that I have installed (probably a couple of hundred over the years) tend to have a username (usually "admin") and no password, WiFi or otherwise. It's usually part of the setup to choose a password. Admittedly, I've been out of that side of the game for a few years now, things may have changed but the new one I set up at home a couple if weeks ago never had a preset WiFi password.

Calling most of them routers is a bit of a push anyway, more like small L3 switches.

That is to log in to the gui to set up the nwtowrk (and set the admin password) .

To connect to the network outwith that initial setup there is always a password or pin I'm afraid. And the number I've set up is in the tens of thousands, from single domestic units to large organisations with mulitple subnets within the network. 

Look on the bottom or back of any router you can find to hand and there will be a sticker with mac address, ssid, and either wps pin or wpa/wpa2 password

And ps any 3rd party router you buy will provide extra functionality over switches like dhcp servers, port forwarding etc so they're not l3 switches. Good effort though. 

Edited by slapsalmon

1 hour ago, slapsalmon said:

That is to log in to the gui to set up the nwtowrk (and set the admin password) .

To connect to the network outwith that initial setup there is always a password or pin I'm afraid. And the number I've set up is in the thousands, from single domestic units to rack mounted routers for decent sized organisations with mulitple switches, multiple subnets over large buildings in their network. 

Look on the bottom or back of any router you can find to hand and there will be a sticker with mac address, ssid, and either wps pin or wpa/wpa2 password

And ps any 3rd party router you buy labeled as a router will provide extra functionality over switches like dhcp servers, port forwarding, Nat, firewall and qos etc so they're not l3 switches. Good effort though. 

To connect to the network outwith that initial setup there is always a password or pin I'm afraid. And the number I've set up is in the tens of thousands, from single domestic units to large organisations with mulitple subnets within the network. 

And ps any 3rd party router you buy will provide extra functionality over switches like dhcp servers, port forwarding etc so they're not l3 switches. Good effort though. 

I must hold my hands up and admit I was wrong - I should have been saying that it usually wasn't enabled by default, not that it didn't have one - still results in the device not being "password protected". Again, the usual default status may have changed in recent years but there will still be lots of pre-existing routers out there without.

As for large organisations with multiple subnets, I would think that they would be more likely to use WAPs and a wireless controller with a separate DHCP server etc, unless you are talking about a smaller place that's part of a larger company.

I said more like L3 switches, not that they were. I was more referring to the fact that they are essentially L2 devices with some limited L3 functionality thrown in, rather than proper L3 routers. Maybe you class them as L3 devices with added L2 functionality, I guess we would just have to agree to differ.

5 hours ago, bazil85 said:

You cried for days to avoid admitting your mistakes. 

8 minutes ago, antrin said:

And you’re severely  “socially challenged”, so I won’t bother correcting you on that.

5 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Feel this has been more your off colour coping mechanism during this tough time.

3 minutes ago, antrin said:

The above  is incoherent.

A love affair to top all others.

I'd be quite happy if you both STFU.