St.mirren v Sevco 30th December

Oldfellow

1 hour ago, FTOF said:

If that can be taken at face value then it has to be a massive potential earner for Saints. Even accounting for the fact that a lot of people gave IPTV. Can’t believe it’s as straightforward as that. 

31 minutes ago, Saint@Johnstone said:

I was at all those games, but in those days we had forwards who could actually score goals. 

Not to be pedantic........you say that but we scored 10 goals in the league that season against Celtic. Only 4 of them were scored by forwards and McGarvey got 3 of those. 

ETA......that said, in the 3 victories against Rangers we scored 8 goals and they were all scored by forwards. 🤣

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

Yep i think we'll lose but i wouldn't write us off especially if we score first. Maybe start their second meltdown.

I’d like to see us going at them from the off, I’d rather we did that than sit back. No one expects us to win (just like the cup game) but I hope we turn up and put in a good performance.

23 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

If that can be taken at face value then it has to be a massive potential earner for Saints. Even accounting for the fact that a lot of people gave IPTV. Can’t believe it’s as straightforward as that. 

I imagine that at a piss-taking £12.50 to watch a crap stream, most will simply use an illegal stream and save themselves some cash.

Honestly, I wonder when clubs will waken the hell up and realise they simply can't treat fans (home and visiting) like this.

3 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

I imagine that at a piss-taking £12.50 to watch a crap stream, most will simply use an illegal stream and save themselves some cash.

Honestly, I wonder when clubs will waken the hell up and realise they simply can't treat fans (home and visiting) like this.

To be honest Oaky, after a few teething problems (which was perhaps to be expected given how quickly these arrangements had to be out in place), I think the quality of the streams has been vastly improved this season. 

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

To be honest Oaky, after a few teething problems (which was perhaps to be expected given how quickly these arrangements had to be out in place), I think the quality of the streams has been vastly improved this season. 

Comparing any stream to hesgoals pish isn't really to be taken seriously.

The St MIrren coverage has been littered with issues, can't say that this seasons situation has contributed as they have been up and running for years. 

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Fair enough but TBH, the quality of the stream is really a side issue anyway.

For the most part, hesgoal streams are usually good enough (when they are available).

£12.50 is the real problem here.

Edited by oaksoft

3 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Comparing any stream to hesgoals pish isn't really to be taken seriously.

The St MIrren coverage has been littered with issues, can't say that this seasons situation has contributed as they have been up and running for years. 

My understanding was that it was a whole new set up this season and nothing to do with the previous effort. For me the quality of the pictures/camera work has been vastly improved. 

2 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

It’s basically half the price you’d be paying to go to the game. Seems fair to me and I’d gladly pay it if I had too. 

I'm sure you do see it as fair and would pay it but most people wouldn't.

This kind of pricing is stuck firmly in the 20th century but things have moved on.

It's incredible how long it seems to take football clubs to embrace change.

Edited by oaksoft

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

My understanding was that it was a whole new set up this season and nothing to do with the previous effort. For me the quality of the pictures/camera work has been vastly improved. 

The issues I was meaning were problems trying to log in, etc.

It's the commentators that are crap, hence why I never watch it, unless I have no other option. 

Edited by faraway saint

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

I'm sure you do see it as fair and would pay it but most people wouldn't.

This kind of pricing is stuck firmly in the 20th century but things have moved on.

Even under the circumstances? When clubs have to try to recoup some lost earnings through no crowds? Remember the previous price was only about a fiver. The current pricing is down to Covid and in that respect is acceptable for me. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

The issues I was meaning was problems trying to log in, etc.

It;s the commentators that are crap, hence why I never watch it, unless I have no other option. 

You should give it another try mate. The commentary is much improved. I reckon they were given a rap across the knuckles for talking pish. Because you are right, they were irritating as f**k. 

Just now, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Even under the circumstances? When clubs have to try to recoup some lost earnings through no crowds? Remember the previous price was only about a fiver. The current pricing is down to Covid and in that respect is acceptable for me. 

Especially under the circumstances.

People are losing their jobs. That is precisely the wrong time to start milking them.

Given Sevco's humiliation against us in the cup, they will certainly be up for it this time and it won't be easy at all.  BUT, as the game progresses with the score remaining at 0-0, the pressure will build up reflecting a negative and nervous style of play from Sevco.  If the score is drawing at 60 minutes then I think we will win.

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

It would appear that it is. From the official site.

Can I watch the match?

Season ticket holders and international subscribers to St Mirren TV can watch the match as normal on St Mirren TV.

Non-season ticket holders and Rangers supporters can watch the match live on PPV at ppv.stmirren.com for just £12.50.

Gordon Smith will join our match day host for pre-and-post match summary, while Andy Webster is on co-commentary duty.

Edited by FTOF

8 minutes ago, shull said:

Wouldn't enter St Mirren Park ever again.

Even for free.

Out of curiosity Shull, if the arsecheeks were booted out of Scottish football through the respective other clubs growing some haw maws, would you return and how much would you be prepared to pay under those new circumstances. 

1 minute ago, FTOF said:

It would appear that it is. From the official site.

Thanks. I suppose the only thing it doesn’t say categorically is if it’s the only way (legally) Rangers fans can see the game. 
We already know that away teams can watch games on their own clubs TV so who gets to do that and who do they pay for it? 

16 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Thanks. I suppose the only thing it doesn’t say categorically is if it’s the only way (legally) Rangers fans can see the game. 
We already know that away teams can watch games on their own clubs TV so who gets to do that and who do they pay for it? 

Which teams can do that legally?

Edited by FTOF

2 minutes ago, Yflab said:

I can’t watch SMTV through my ST for away games, but I could if I was in deepest Peru as an international subscriber.

2 minutes ago, Yflab said:

I can’t watch SMTV through my ST for away games, but I could if I was in deepest Peru as an international subscriber.

Right, so that was the point I was trying to make earlier. So international Rangers fans can pay Rangers to watch a game at our stadium. That has to be wrong.