Livingston v St Mirren League Cup Semi Final 24/1/21

shull

Night and day the difference between the 2 teams at the minute.

Livingston never get credit for the decent football they play due to previous seasons long ball tactics but watching Lawless last season, to Robinson, Pittman, Sibbald,Mullin etc this season their midfielders never stop running and more often than not are higher up the pitch than their strikers we do not seem to have anywhere near the same energy and effort levels they are showing right now.

Right now we look destined for a defeat but Ross County pumped us 4-1 then we beat Celtic 3-2 in semi final the next week in 2013 so there is a little hope.

After the dreadful performance today, I have changed my mind!

25 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Night and day the difference between the 2 teams at the minute.

Livingston never get credit for the decent football they play due to previous seasons long ball tactics but watching Lawless last season, to Robinson, Pittman, Sibbald,Mullin etc this season their midfielders never stop running and more often than not are higher up the pitch than their strikers we do not seem to have anywhere near the same energy and effort levels they are showing right now.

Right now we look destined for a defeat but Ross County pumped us 4-1 then we beat Celtic 3-2 in semi final the next week in 2013 so there is a little hope.

Wonder if they have access to performance enhancing stimulants 🤔

Roll on next Sunday, time for the players and manager to change things up a bit, get on the front foot from the first whistle and, IF we do that we have a chance. 

Taking this a stage further, it'll be tragic IF we get to the final and their won't be any fans allowed in.

Anyway, first things first, we have a decent record against Livingston so that's in our favour. 

Time to buck the trend, smash the bookies and win this.

A win on penalties anyone? 

image.png.6ae20a6a02a1ba0df2ef01b610994f76.png

Like 2013

We only have to be shit hot twice and our opponents not so.

Celtic and Hearts were blitzed seven years ago.

We will do the same this year against Livingston and St Johnstone or Hibernian.

Surely there will be  socially distancing for fans arranged for the Open Top Bus Parade.

14 hours ago, lenziebud said:

I couldn't care less what kind of run Livi have been on.

We are every bit as good as them and well able to beat them.

For me it will be on the day. If we turn up we have a great chance.

We also have a great chance to win this trophy. No need to fear any of the others.

Absolutely.

It's a one-off game.

I'd like to see us go 4-5-1 using the width of Hampden and bring Durmus back in to play opposite wing to Connolly.

Then have McPherson and Erhahon in the middle with McGrath in front of them feeding Brophy.

I think width is our key strength here.

33 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Absolutely.

It's a one-off game.

I'd like to see us go 4-5-1 using the width of Hampden and bring Durmus back in to play opposite wing to Connolly.

Then have McPherson and Erhahon in the middle with McGrath in front of them feeding Brophy.

I think width is our key strength here.

Is this not one of those myths, did some checking - St. Mirren Park is 115 x 74 yards whereas Hampden is 115 x 75 - is one extra yard significant?

Edited by Bud the Baker

1 minute ago, Bud the Baker said:

Is this not one of those myths, - St. Mirren Park is 115 x 74 yards whereas Hampden is 115 x 75 - is one extra yard significant?

No, he uses as many pointless clichés as possible to try to sound as if he knows something about football............it's not working. 😂😂😂

23 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Hmmm. That might be difficult. Shows how much you understand about football. 🤡 

Why don't you be decent and explain rather than continuosly trolling him ?

Educate us all please.

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

No, he uses as many pointless clichés as possible to try to sound as if he knows something about football............it's not working. 😂😂😂

Another one who likes to ridicule rather than explain.

Will you ever go to St Mirren Park ?

I am guessing you never went to Love Street.

Try Greenhill Road once we are all permitted to return. Even just to say you were there on the one occasion.

I will supply the postcode for your Sat Nav.

6 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Surely the subtle hint of me using bold on a players name Is a bit of a clue. Even for you.

Is the loonball on about trolling? Oh, how amusing. 

Despite me having him on ignore he's following me around the forum like a bad smell. 😜

Get him to ask his pal when HE attended ANY St Mirren match, that'll be hilarious. 🤡

1 minute ago, faraway saint said:

Is the loonball on about trolling? Oh, how amusing. 

Despite me having him on ignore he's following me around the forum like a bad smell. 😜

Get him to ask his pal when HE attended ANY St Mirren match, that'll be hilarious. 🤡

I read all posts on the Forum.

So, in your eyes, I must be following everybody..

It's you who has me on Ignore but you can't stop talking about me and you read all my posts.

Anyway, any evidence yet ?

4 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Given you have called me a troll, a bore, an abuser and a cnut why do you not have me on ignore like it states in your description?

I read all posts.

Depending what mood I am in, I will then decide whether to reply or move on.

Having a good day today.

So, what about McPherson ?

Edited by shull

Finding it hard to get excited about this game, as it is hard to get my head round the fact that i can't go and see a cup semi :(

Hopefully by next week i will feel different and likely i am not the only one. 

No matter what 2 teams get to the final, surely the powers to be can wait and play the game later in the season to improved the chance of some fans being allowed in. 

Just now, Tommy said:

Finding it hard to get excited about this game, as it is hard to get my head round the fact that i can't go and see a cup semi :(

Hopefully by next week i will feel different and likely i am not the only one. 

No matter what 2 teams get to the final, surely the powers to be can wait and play the game later in the season to improved the chance of some fans being allowed in. 

I mentioned something along them lines yesterday.

What a shame if we get there and no fans are allowed to attend.

No matter who we'd play in the final we'd feel we've a chance so that would ensure a great turnout. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

Oh, another big game.

I hope we've won the semi final before we go into this, what a morale boost. 

With any luck, our dip in form won't be long lasting. We've already showed that we can compete with the best teams in the country and come out on top. Unfortunately one of our main problem this season has been consistency. 

:byebye

I thought Cammy had maybe injured himself overnight and only Supertroll knew about it.

I kinda guessed he wasn't suspended as it's a different competition.

Although a serious offence resulting in a straight red would have Cami missing the Semi Final.

10 minutes ago, Yflab said:

These games don’t come round very often in a players career when playing for a diddy club. Let’s home Jim fires them onto glory next week. Yes it will be a shame not to see it in person, but it’s a great chance for our club to make some more revenue in a season where they have been starved of money through lack of gate receipts and hospitality.

I am looking forward to the game. We have a lot of experience in our team in defence of cup semi finals and finals that will help the younger guys in the team. Similar to 2013. COYS.

Now that we can only watch on TV it gives us an insight to what Oakys experience of St Mirren must be like. 😂 

Yeah I miss not being there too Tommy. 😢 

Still giving it the big troll to Oaksoft.

Live and free on Radio Scotland if I can be bothered to switch from Smooth Radio.

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Is this not one of those myths, did some checking - St. Mirren Park is 115 x 74 yards whereas Hampden is 115 x 75 - is one extra yard significant?

I'm not comparing Hampden with St Mirren Park.

Hampden is about 11 yards wider than Livingston's pitch.

Edited by oaksoft

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

SMP and Hampden are the same dimensions, 105m x 68m.

Livingston's pitch is shorter (98m) but wider,  (69m)