Livingston v St Mirren League Cup Semi Final 24/1/21

shull

18 hours ago, lenziebud said:

I couldn't care less what kind of run Livi have been on.

We are every bit as good as them and well able to beat them.

For me it will be on the day. If we turn up we have a great chance.

We also have a great chance to win this trophy. No need to fear any of the others.

18 hours ago, faraway saint said:

^^^^^^^ Blootered. :lol:

I’m with Lenziebud on this one.

It’s one thing spouting about fanciful European slots after a couple of decent performances, but Jesus Christ if we can’t go into a one off game against Livi thinking we will win, then we might as well chuck it. 
Sometimes Faraway, your level headed/devil’s advocate style definitely strays into glass half enpty territory. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

On 1/16/2021 at 4:22 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I don’t know?

Because blind pointless optimism isn’t good for the soul?

On 1/16/2021 at 4:50 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Arguably our worst performance of the season. 
We’ve been so shite that St. Johnstone have felt comfortable sitting back even at 1-0 against 10 men.

They know we can’t lay a glove on them. 

9 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

It’s one thing spouting about fanciful European slots after a couple of decent performances, but Jesus Christ if we can’t go into a one off game against Livi thinking we will win, then we might as well chuck it. 
Sometimes Faraway, your level headed/devil’s advocate style definitely strays into glass half enpty territory. 

We all have a point of view, I just prefer to look at the bigger picture. 

I've never said we CAN'T beat them, it's just unlikely, christ there's been enough "shock" results over the years to give us some hope but there's no doubt, if we win, it'll be a shock.

That's looking at it from their form, our managers negative approach and we can't buy a goal.

You're regular tirades over the last few weeks don't even get you close to half empty I'm afraid. :lol:

PS The bookies also seem to be in my boat, but they have been wrong before as well. 

Edited by faraway saint

12 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Sometimes? 😄

37 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

We all have a point of view, I just prefer to look at the bigger picture. 

I've never said we CAN'T beat them, it's just unlikely, christ there's been enough "shock" results over the years to give us some hope but there's no doubt, if we win, it'll be a shock.

That's looking at it from their form, our managers negative approach and we can't buy a goal.

You're regular tirades over the last few weeks don't even get you close to half empty I'm afraid. :lol:

PS The bookies also seem to be in my boat, but they have been wrong before as well. 

I know what you mean but I’m usually only critical of what is happening in the here and now i.e. during games. The other post of mine you quote was about the European place thing whi I’ve repeated here is fanciful.

I know you didn’t say we can’t win but you accused Lenziebud of being blootered because he thinks we will, which is more or less the same thing is it not.

I’m not saying Livi won’t be favourites so what the bookies think isn’t really relevant. Despite them being favourites I still think we will win this game. I’ve just got a good feeling about it. 
Feel free to quote this post next Sunday when we’re 4-0 down. 🤣

55 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I couldn't care less what kind of run Livi have been on.

We are every bit as good as them and well able to beat them.

For me it will be on the day. If we turn up we have a great chance.

We also have a great chance to win this trophy. No need to fear any of the others.

Fist of all I don't think we are as good as them, and that takes into account their manager.

If we turn up, like we did against Rangers, yes we do.

The last sentence, well I think that while nothings impossible we are outsiders for a reason, Livingston and Hibs (Not totally discounting RC) will have something to say about that. Do we "fear" the others, silly term, but two of them IN MY OPINION, are better teams all round. 

4 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I know what you mean but I’m usually only critical of what is happening in the here and now i.e. during games. The other post of mine you quote was about the European place thing whi I’ve repeated here is fanciful.

I know you didn’t say we can’t win but you accused Lenziebud of being blootered because he thinks we will, which is more or less the same thing is it not.

I’m not saying Livi won’t be favourites so what the bookies think isn’t really relevant. Despite them being favourites I still think we will win this game. I’ve just got a good feeling about it. 
Feel free to quote this post next Sunday when we’re 4-0 down. 🤣

I've, only to keep your moaning face happy, went into detail why I discounted his post.

If we lose, I'll not drag this up, we're all entitled to pour opinion and predictions, but how did you know I have went for 4-0? :lol:

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Fist of all I don't think we are as good as them, and that takes into account their manager.

If we turn up, like we did against Rangers, yes we do.

The last sentence, well I think that while nothings impossible we are outsiders for a reason, Livingston and Hibs (Not totally discounting RC) will have something to say about that. Do we "fear" the others, silly term, but two of them IN MY OPINION, are better teams all round. 

I've, only to keep your moaning face happy, went into detail why I discounted his post.

If we lose, I'll not drag this up, we're all entitled to pour opinion and predictions, but how did you know I have went for 4-0? :lol:

I’m definitely ruling out RC. 😀

4 hours ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

I thought by this time we would have seen Flynn getting a game.  Similar to Danny Mullen if he doesn't come on in Saturday's game I don't  think we'll see him again. 

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

On current form, Livi should win this comfortably, however, fortunately form goes out the window in this one off semi.

Just as likely Livi will have a wee dip in form or suffer a bout of overconfidence - and surely we’re due a performance.

There’s no doubt our players need to play better than they have in recent weeks, individually and collectively, and JG needs to find a better formation, otherwise we will lose. Even if Livi don’t turn up.

Think JG will go for 4-4-1-1.

Defence picks itself
One up top (Brophy?) with McGrath just behind.
But I struggle to see who to start in midfield:
Connolly and Durmus out wide ?
Erhahon and Flynn/Foley central ?

Livi have looked very good recently, but their form has to end sometime and no reason that can’t be Sunday.

COYS !!

(Yes, I know - it’s the hope that kills you)

7 hours ago, turrabuddie said:

On current form, Livi should win this comfortably, however, fortunately form goes out the window in this one off semi.

Just as likely Livi will have a wee dip in form or suffer a bout of overconfidence - and surely we’re due a performance.

There’s no doubt our players need to play better than they have in recent weeks, individually and collectively, and JG needs to find a better formation, otherwise we will lose. Even if Livi don’t turn up.

Think JG will go for 4-4-1-1.

Defence picks itself
One up top (Brophy?) with McGrath just behind.
But I struggle to see who to start in midfield:
Connolly and Durmus out wide ?
Erhahon and Flynn/Foley central ?

Livi have looked very good recently, but their form has to end sometime and no reason that can’t be Sunday.

COYS !!

(Yes, I know - it’s the hope that kills you)

To true, our form in 2013 was pretty poor before and after winning the cup. We ended up finishing 2nd bottom. 

E7B3E854-B3DB-494C-B331-A68301DDBD23.jpeg

D33B4D82-05EF-41C0-B56F-A051B6F8D789.jpeg

19 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

Has the ref been allocated yet?we surely due Dallas as he be raging he didn't get a chance to f##k us over against gers or collum just for being collum: if you asked me who was best ref in Scotland a would honestly struggle to say one

Munro I think !