Livingston v St Mirren League Cup Semi Final 24/1/21

shull

It is for Livingston :rolleyes: grass makes a big difference, 
Fair enough ... Grass may make it (excuse the pun) a more level.playing field... but as Livi's playing surface area is larger than ours, I stand by my point... In this instance, size doesn't really matter... It's how we use it!
[emoji23][emoji12]

1 hour ago, portmahomack saint said:

Livingston play a very high intensity game, so playing at a big pitch like Hampden will help us if we pass the ball well and keep possession. we will miss Jake for sure but young Cammy is a able replacement, a very similar type player, for me the reason Jim doesn't play them together very often 

We'll need to bring a Rangers type performance on Sunday, anything less probably wont be good enough, 

Brophy up front on his own,  with Jamie in behind, Durmas Erhahon MacPherson Connolly 

Big Jon Dennis and McAllister on the bench.

Erwin to sit this one out, :)  2-1 Saints 

Got to be Flynn instead of Cammy...has been poor last few games ive seen him..

7 hours ago, munoz said:

Just about everyone thought the same after we drew The Ran**** in the previous round. 

Livi will lose at some point, and Sunday's as good a day as any.

I agree, not many seen us wining that but the big difference is we were playing well at that time.

I'll refrain from stating the obvious about our recent performances. 

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I agree, not many seen us wining that but the big difference is we were playing well at that time.

I'll refrain from stating the obvious about our recent performances. 

I know our form has recently dipped,  so all the more reason for putting in a big performance. 

Earlier in the season when we were on that run of losing games, we eventually managed to turn it around. 

Livi are a team playing with confidence, in a system that works for them- but they are definitely not unbeatable. 

Livingston play a very high intensity game, so playing at a big pitch like Hampden will help us if we pass the ball well and keep possession. we will miss Jake for sure but young Cammy is a able replacement, a very similar type player, for me the reason Jim doesn't play them together very often 
We'll need to bring a Rangers type performance on Sunday, anything less probably wont be good enough, 
Brophy up front on his own,  with Jamie in behind, Durmas Erhahon MacPherson Connolly 
Erwin to sit this one out, [emoji4]  2-1 Saints 

Big pitch?

Hampden is 115 x 75 yards
SMISA is 110 X 70 yards
Livi is 110 x 76 yards

Not a huge difference.

We have been well.off the pace for our last three games.

Play like that and we will be toyed with!

We need to be snapping at their heels and closing them down instantly.

Play hard and fair(ish) and beat them.at their own game.

I trust Jim to come up with the right tactics... Just hope the players play as instructed and play to their strengths.

It is for Livingston :rolleyes: grass makes a big difference, 
Livingston have played this same high intensity football for the 3 seasons since we both came back to the top league.

Quite a few teams have tried to play them "at their own game" and have largely been unsuccessful especially at the "All Weather Pitch" then all of a sudden this season they couldn't win there (lost 5 from 8).

Since we beat them in October to go 11 games unbeaten with a few more victories than in our unbeaten run I may add is remarkable and they seem to have overcame the issue of winning on grass I think they have won something like 3 from 4/5 away after only around 2 away victories in over a year.

Most of their midfielders seem to be box to box and never stop running the whole game we do need to match this or stop it to have any chance to win.

46 minutes ago, munoz said:

I know our form has recently dipped,  so all the more reason for putting in a big performance. 

Earlier in the season when we were on that run of losing games, we eventually managed to turn it around. 

Livi are a team playing with confidence, in a system that works for them- but they are definitely not unbeatable. 

That's a nothing statement as it applies to ANY team.

Anyhow, we can throw this about all day, they are, rightly, strong favourites and we go in with a slight chance.

Let's see what Sunday brings. 

I think it will be all down to formation. Jim changed it last week to accomodate Brophy and it did not work or even look like working. Repeat it this week and we have no chance.

Problem is Jim is now saying Brophy can't play loan striker and when we were playing at our best we played a loan striker in a 451.

My expectations depend on formation and personnel. I would bring in Foley for Jake, play a 451 with players knowing their positions and Brophy up top.

37 minutes ago, Sonny said:

I think it will be all down to formation. Jim changed it last week to accomodate Brophy and it did not work or even look like working. Repeat it this week and we have no chance.

Problem is Jim is now saying Brophy can't play loan striker and when we were playing at our best we played a loan striker in a 451.

My expectations depend on formation and personnel. I would bring in Foley for Jake, play a 451 with players knowing their positions and Brophy up top.

If the manager prefer a 4-5-1 but also say that Brophy can't play as a loan striker, why did he sign him ?   

Erwin to sit this one out, [emoji4]  2-1 Saints 

The pitches at SMP and Hampden are exactly the same size, 105mx68m.

29 minutes ago, elvis said:

Totally different circumstances now we are playing shite where as they are a totally different team if you think we will win this you are utterly deluded. We have two chances none and absolutely none. 

Not like you or are you on another fishing trip. :P       

2 hours ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Cannae believe we’re all shitin it from Livi. A team we’ve beaten twice already this season are being made out to be Real Madrid. Is this what it’s come to?

Bring them f**kin on I say. 

Post this on the dressing room wall, from their Twitter. As good an incentive to beat them as any.

image.png.6cf2d9e008998ad495e37497b9b9c094.png