Livingston v St Mirren League Cup Semi Final 24/1/21

shull

1 hour ago, oaksoft said:

Anyone shiting themselves over facing Livingston needs to have a fecking word with themselves.

There's not a fag paper's width between these two sides and anyone suggesting differently is at it. 😀

Who, exactly is shitting themselves?

This you all over, change the rhetoric from mainly well explained reasons to utter drivel.

Away and have a word with yourself, no one's at it except you. 🤪

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Who, exactly is shitting themselves?

This you all over, change the rhetoric from mainly well explained reasons to utter drivel.

Away and have a word with yourself, no one's at it except you. 🤪

I know you were quoting Oaky here, but when I used the term “shitin ourselves” it was of course a bit of deliberate over exaggeration on my part (I’d suspect the same applies to Oaky’s post).

However the point remains that a helluva lot of people seem to be both seriously overplaying Livi’s quality and underplaying our chances of winning the game. 

I understand why Livi will be the favourites for this match they've been on a great run since we beat them and brought about their then manager's resignation but it remains the case that we've beaten them in the two H2Hs this season and if JG gets his tictacs correct on Sunday I'd fancy us to meke it three.

Already got the delayed screening on Monday on record...

I’m not shitting it to play them, but, there’s no doubt they’ve been on a better run of form Leading up. 

in a cup match that can go right out the window though. I’ll remind optimistic and think we will keep it tight and do it by a single goal. 

JDH is a big miss & I think if Flynn is fit, he may be an able replacement. 

coys

1 hour ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I know you were quoting Oaky here, but when I used the term “shitin ourselves” it was of course a bit of deliberate over exaggeration on my part (I’d suspect the same applies to Oaky’s post).

However the point remains that a helluva lot of people seem to be both seriously overplaying Livi’s quality and underplaying our chances of winning the game. 

Let's wait and see how you react after the first misplaced pass..............................

Overplaying.....................................you do know they have not been beat for yonks?

Their reserve side drew 2-2 with Celtic last night.

More importantly, and you are one of the loudest voices on the match day threads, we are playing mince.

Anyhow, Sunday will tell, fingers crossed coz that's about where I see our best chance, lady luck, who we've been pumping quite a few games already this season. 

13 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Let's wait and see how you react after the first misplaced pass..............................

Overplaying.....................................you do know they have not been beat for yonks?

More importantly, and you are one of the loudest voices on the match day threads, we are playing mince.

Anyhow, Sunday will tell, fingers crossed coz that's about where I see our best chance, lady luck, who we've been pumping quite a few games already this season. 

If we play as described above, which, let's face it, we have done in our past few games, and Livingston continue with their fine form, then we'll get our arse handed to us on a plate.

However, we are capable of playing considerably better. If we can improve to somewhere close to when we were performing well, then we'll give them a game.

Let's hope we play to our strengths, we outplay them and end their good run.

Just now, FTOF said:

If we play as described above, which, let's face it, we have done in our past few games, and Livingston continue with their fine form, then we'll get our arse handed to us on a plate.

However, we are capable of playing considerably better. If we can improve to somewhere close to when we were performing well, then we'll give them a game.

Let's hope we play to our strengths, we outplay them and end their good run.

^^^^^^^ Shitting yourself. :wink:

5 hours ago, Tommy said:

Or under hit it  :D

Better asking oaksoft, since he's the proclaimed clever guy on this forum  :rolleyes:

Or any kid who has done any science at high school.

You don't need my enormous brain on this trivial nonsense. Just find a schoolkid who can walk upright.

4 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Ach I know I’m prone to getting a bit over excited on match days but I usually return to my normal level headed self within a few hours. 🤣

Look, the point I’m making is that form by definition comes and goes. The bottom line is that they are the same team we’ve beaten twice and we are the same team that has beaten them twice. It could even be argued that if not on current form, then on personnel, we may even have a slightly better squad than we had before.

Yeah let’s wait for Sunday. Cannae wait to gloat. 😘

56 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Or any kid who has done any science at high school.

You don't need my enormous mouth on this trivial nonsense. Just find a schoolkid who can walk upright.

FIFY   :wink:

Edited by Tommy

22 hours ago, turrabuddie said:

Unfortunately that’s exactly what I fear. Remember the games against Aberdeen a few years ago - 3 down inside 30mins. Could be the same if we don’t turn up right from the start.

Hope not though ...

You seem to think Livi are Guardiola's Barca in disguise. We have beaten them twice this season and we will beat them on Sunday if we play to form.

For one simple reason, we are better than them !

51 minutes ago, elvis said:

Not at this time we are not. No where near it. 

Well lets see.

Martindale even said it himself and he wasn't playing silly games, in his opinion there is nothing between the teams and it is on the day as to who turns up.

Both times this season we have dealt with their high ball tactics really well.

I think we are better team if we turn up.  

Edited by lenziebud

What do you expect him to say for Christ sake .And the word IF that's the problem right there we haven't turned up for a game since we beat the **** and I don't expect this game to be any different If we don't turn up this game could be done inside 30 Minutes.