Livingston v St Mirren League Cup Semi Final 24/1/21

shull

Imo Livingston dont really play the long ball tactics as much and don't get the credit they deserve for the football they do play.

They are on a high and rightly so we on the other hand seem to be going back to the early season form where we didn't look like getting a win anywhere.

Imo Livingston could win this by 2 or 3 we would probably win it by a late goal or penalties.

Well lets see.
Martindale even said it himself and he wasn't playing silly games, in his opinion there is nothing between the teams and it is on the day as to who turns up.
Both times this season we have dealt with their high ball tactics really well.
I think we are better team if we turn up.  

8 hours ago, elvis said:

What do you expect him to say for Christ sake .And the word IF that's the problem right there we haven't turned up for a game since we beat the **** and I don't expect this game to be any different If we don't turn up this game could be done inside 30 Minutes.

🤣

I have said it once, so I will say it again.

Why haven't the SPFL said , feck you Nicola, we are having a Crowd at Hampden on Sunday.

My estimate would be around 10000.  

6 0r 7000 Buddies and up to 3000 Livy fans.

Properly organised, I dinnae see a problem.

33 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Imo Livingston don't really play the long ball tactics as much and don't get the credit they deserve for the football they do play.

They are on a high and rightly so we on the other hand seem to be going back to the early season form where we didn't look like getting a win anywhere.

Imo Livingston could win this by 2 or 3 we would probably win it by a late goal or penalties.

If you watch their games, their tactic seems to be to get the ball up top as quickly as possible. Whether that's by playing football or by a punt over the top, they do it very well. Scott Robinson is a livewire and is scoring for fun. Both Mullin and Forrest have pace and never give defenders a minutes peace and they can finish. 

Another tactic which they use frequently, and scored from against the green bigots, is for their free kicks into the box. Their two taller defenders (Brown and Guthrie) and  have mastered losing their markers and are extremely proficient at finishing from around the penalty spot. Guthrie scored against us in the 3-3 game last (?) season. Our defenders will need to be extremely vigilant. Fortunately Brown is suspended for this one.

Simply put, if JG can get the best out of our players and we take any chances we get, then it should be a competitive game.

23 minutes ago, shull said:

I have said it once, so I will say it again.

Why haven't the SPFL said , feck you Nicola, we are having a Crowd at Hampden on Sunday.

My estimate would be around 10000.  

6 0r 7000 Buddies and up to 3000 Livy fans.

Properly organised, I dinnae see a problem.

I think you would be struggling to break 7000 if fans were allowed in, could be up there with record low attendances...kinda nothing semi-final that even fans of each club would struggle to get excited about.

7 minutes ago, God of war said:

I think you would be struggling to break 7000 if fans were allowed in, could be up there with record low attendances...kinda nothing semi-final that even fans of each club would struggle to get excited about.

Both sets of fans, I think, would be absolutely thrilled about the Semi Final , especially as both have an equally good chance of getting to the Final.

Playing against either of the Bigots would be a downer for some

2 hours ago, FTOF said:

If you watch their games, their tactic seems to be to get the ball up top as quickly as possible. Whether that's by playing football or by a punt over the top, they do it very well. Scott Robinson is a livewire and is scoring for fun. Both Mullin and Forrest have pace and never give defenders a minutes peace and they can finish. 

Another tactic which they use frequently, and scored from against the green bigots, is for their free kicks into the box. Their two taller defenders (Brown and Guthrie) and  have mastered losing their markers and are extremely proficient at finishing from around the penalty spot. Guthrie scored against us in the 3-3 game last (?) season. Our defenders will need to be extremely vigilant. Fortunately Brown is suspended for this one.

Simply put, if JG can get the best out of our players and we take any chances we get, then it should be a competitive game.

The one thing I have noticed about Livi is their energy and pace, they are a really good side, on a total high..... we need to be our best, we can beat Sevco we can beat Livi…. simple - 3-2 Saints

Not just Robinson all their midfielders are like that and is a big part of their game quite regularly the strikers come short lay off to full back and the midfielders end up the furthest up the pitch alot of the chances & goals come from this which from what I've saw works well.

Think Guthrie could have as many as 5/6 goals this season when you consider that's more than our strikers combined then we definitely need to stop the silly free kicks.

1 hour ago, antrin said:

From the fear in this thread, it seems hardly worth getting out of bed tomorrow, never mind Sunday! :(

but I never learn.....   :)

Fear?

I'd call it a healthy respect for a team, with similar resources to us, that are currently playing out of their skins. Anyone who has watched them can't fail to be impressed by how they play.

On the other hand, if you've watched us recently, impressed is not the word I'd use.

Still, I live in hope that things will click for us on Sunday.:)

50 minutes ago, FTOF said:

Fear?

I'd call it a healthy respect for a team, with similar resources to us, that are currently playing out of their skins. Anyone who has watched them can't fail to be impressed by how they play.

On the other hand, if you've watched us recently, impressed is not the word I'd use.

Still, I live in hope that things will click for us on Sunday.:)

George Galloway may be one of few punters to have watched a live match recently.

The word I'd use for that would be venality.