Livingston v St Mirren League Cup Semi Final 24/1/21

shull

One man to blame and that's Goodwin: absolutely sick to back teeth of his shit tactics: and up to half time it was 3 games without shot on target:we could still be playing this morning and not scoring and us as paying fans(smtv and saints shop,amiss etc) have a right to no his decision not to play Foley or Flynn before Mason or Connolly or erhanon or macpherson: a put on radio after game and nearly threw it out the window a just cannot listen to him talk shit anymore: a was absolutely flabbergasted when he sent same team out for 2nd half so in his head he must have thought they was doing ok and how the hell Mason stayed on park so long beggars believe: and also think the st.mirren curse has hit brophy,we sign goal scorers then come to us and cannot score:sorry for rant but totally pissed off this morning and hurting like hell

We didn't lose the game yesterday on the park; we lost it on the drawing board. 

I find it hard to believe that our manager failed abysmally to recognise the limitation of Ernhanon, MacPherson and Mason's ability to confront the strength of the Livi side especially the current form of these players.  I'm not blaming the players.

The substitutions made in the second half was symptomatic of the realisation that the manager had made a huge mistake.  

I think the biggest impact of this result and the way it was lost will be on the morale of the players.  Those subs who came on will feel they should have been chosen for the kick-off and for most of the other players seeing that mistake, their morale will have also taken a hit while looking at the whole picture.  Our latest signing, Brophy; what will he be thinking after being subbed and who never received the service he should have got.  His morale too will have weakened.

I laid in bed last night thinking about all of this and I still find it difficult to come to terms with it.  

Given all the enthusiastic effort those fans made in decorating the town with our colours I feel truly sorry.

Come Wednesday if we get beat this will underline Goodwin's failure yesterday.  We are more than capable of beating Utd but not before their morale has been re-inflated. 

17 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

I find it hard to believe that our manager failed abysmally to recognise the limitation of Ernhanon, MacPherson and Mason's ability to confront the strength of the Livi side especially the current form of these players.  I'm not blaming the players.

The substitutions made in the second half was symptomatic of the realisation that the manager had made a huge mistake.  

I think the biggest impact of this result and the way it was lost will be on the morale of the players.  Those subs who came on will feel they should have been chosen for the kick-off and for most of the other players seeing that mistake, their morale will have also taken a hit while looking at the whole picture.  Our latest signing, Brophy; what will he be thinking after being subbed and who never received the service he should have got.  His morale too will have weakened.

I laid in bed last night thinking about all of this and I still find it difficult to come to terms with it.  

Given all the enthusiastic effort those fans made in decorating the town with our colours I feel truly sorry.

Come Wednesday if we get beat this will underline Goodwin's failure yesterday.  We are more than capable of beating Utd but not before their morale has been re-inflated. 

I used to lie in bed thinking about St Mirren. 

Was really torture.

I now lie there contemplating physical activity with Katie Hopkins.

Bliss 💗

20 hours ago, windae cleaner said:

If we match their energy we will win but that should be a given

The last few weeks we have selected players who can't provide that

There's no point worrying about them as we know their set play strengths

Get in about them and get forward force mistakes

Play them at their own game

We picked totally the wrong team. The midfield two of Erahon and Macpherson? What was he thinking. Holt and Bartley won’t have an easier game. Pair one with Foley ? And if Foley isn’t up to it then why is he still here? I struggle to think that he wouldn’t have done better in there . Up front we picked Brophy who was at times the only man in the Livingston half. He was isolated and the team as a whole didn’t perform . Obika and Durmus made a big improvement and what I don’t get is that when we had some success in December it was from pressing teams and bei N in about them. Yesterday we didn’t do anywhere near enough.

The galling  aspect is that Jim actually believes we had a go. It’s as if the Livingston keeper played a great game had wonder saved and we did everything but score. Nothing could be further from the truth . The boys looked like the occasion got the better of them at times and we never set up to attack them and go win the tie.

We set up cautiously and within half an hour he should have been changing his tactics and personnel. He didn’t and obika sitting on the bench for over an hour is a joke. He is the one guy who has good feet and movement and he also scored a goal or two. 

it’s a chance gone to be in the last three of a National cup when your the biggest team left is the things dreams are made of. We won’t get this chance again and it hurts.

Finally Livi have say 1000 fans and don’t own the park. They have assembled a squad capable of going toe to toe with anyone in Scotland and yet saints can only dream of going on a proper unbeaten run. Don’t give me this only lost 3 in 17 etc. Beating qos on pens hardly counts . 

The team was set up not to lose yesterday and paid for it. It was the complete opposite of the semi final wins v Hearts in 2010 and Celtic in 2013. We simply didn’t turn up. 

1 hour ago, shull said:

I used to lie in bed thinking about St Mirren. 

Was really torture.

I now lie there contemplating physical activity with Katie Hopkins.

Bliss 💗

19 minutes ago, bazil85 said:

Like the physical removal of immigrants from their UK homes? 

No, I would actually be dreaming of pumping dear Katie.

Weird question from Bazil.

We picked totally the wrong team. The midfield two of Erahon and Macpherson? What was he thinking. Holt and Bartley won’t have an easier game. Pair one with Foley ? And if Foley isn’t up to it then why is he still here? I struggle to think that he wouldn’t have done better in there . Up front we picked Brophy who was at times the only man in the Livingston half. He was isolated and the team as a whole didn’t perform . Obika and Durmus made a big improvement and what I don’t get is that when we had some success in December it was from pressing teams and bei N in about them. Yesterday we didn’t do anywhere near enough.

The galling  aspect is that Jim actually believes we had a go. It’s as if the Livingston keeper played a great game had wonder saved and we did everything but score. Nothing could be further from the truth . The boys looked like the occasion got the better of them at times and we never set up to attack them and go win the tie.

We set up cautiously and within half an hour he should have been changing his tactics and personnel. He didn’t and obika sitting on the bench for over an hour is a joke. He is the one guy who has good feet and movement and he also scored a goal or two. 
it’s a chance gone to be in the last three of a National cup when your the biggest team left is the things dreams are made of. We won’t get this chance again and it hurts.

Finally Livi have say 1000 fans and don’t own the park. They have assembled a squad capable of going toe to toe with anyone in Scotland and yet saints can only dream of going on a proper unbeaten run. Don’t give me this only lost 3 in 17 etc. Beating qos on pens hardly counts . 

The team was set up not to lose yesterday and paid for it. It was the complete opposite of the semi final wins v Hearts in 2010 and Celtic in 2013. We simply didn’t turn up. 
Both posts above absolutely spot on along with hundreds of other posts all over St Mirren fans pages/social media since yesterday but still we have happy clappers defending Goodwin.

I really couldn't give a shi# if we finish our highest league position in over 30 years i wanted to see us play in another national cup final.

Everything in the build up would suggest we couldn't possibly f**k this chance up(if Livingston beat us because they were far better on the day fair enough), Goodwin had captained us to success in this same trophy, we were playing the team that Stevie Wonder can tell you exactly how they play but to get the team selection so spectacularly wrong is unforgivable imo.

It will be interesting to see his team selection for wednesday. If its similar to Sundays, he's clueless; but a number of changes would be an admission that he f**ked up.

35 minutes ago, magnus said:

Jim's first job before Wednesday should be give JDH what he wants and get a new contract signed. We are a different team with him in it.

JDH has been as pish as the rest the last 3 games he played, probably buying into Goodwin way of playing, "the shitebag way".

30 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Wonder if the assistant had any real say in the team selection.

I certainly never see him trying to encourage the players and give advice when they are on the pitch. 

Good point that, he seems to do feck all.

37 minutes ago, magnus said:

Jim's first job before Wednesday should be give JDH what he wants and get a new contract signed. We are a different team with him in it.

Hes also injured for over a month!

50 minutes ago, Tommy said:

Wonder if the assistant had any real say in the team selection.

I certainly never see him trying to encourage the players and give advice when they are on the pitch. 

Its not just him. With no crowd you can hear the players, and we don't have anybody on the park geeing up our younger lads. Our captain is almost silent. Where's the passion?

Saw the whole match on Freesports earlier, although I had vowed not to watch,lol. Saints were pretty poor and up against a team who were far from impressive. Tait was our best player but Mason was hopeless, must get rid of him as he is on loan. Erhahon and Macpherson were poor and shouldn’t have been in the team. Obika, powderpuff, slow and rightly booked for cheating. Waste of time with him, a full season too late. Such a pity we couldn’t take the opportunity to get to a final but we hardly deserved it. If we don’t start picking up wins very soon, it will be the usual fight against relegation. I feel the team let the fans down badly yesterday. 

Jim Goodwin was the only person in the stadium who actually knows what it’s like, and more importantly what it takes, to captain a team to cup winning glory. It makes his team selection and tactics all the more baffling.

Connolly was on a yellow. So what? He was the one spark of creativity we had and he took him off!

Once we went behind you could see that no one knew what to do.

I still can’t understand why you would set out not to lose a semi final and not try and win it from the first whistle.

still gutted