Livingston v St Mirren League Cup Semi Final 24/1/21

shull

36 minutes ago, bigjerseybuddie said:

Jim Goodwin was the only person in the stadium who actually knows what it’s like, and more importantly what it takes, to captain a team to cup winning glory. It makes his team selection and tactics all the more baffling.

Connolly was on a yellow. So what? He was the one spark of creativity we had and he took him off!

Once we went behind you could see that no one knew what to do.

I still can’t understand why you would set out not to lose a semi final and not try and win it from the first whistle.

still gutted

Said the same , he knows we beat Celtic in the 2013 semi because we got in their faces from the start , yet we stand off a team who play hoofball all day !

49 minutes ago, bigjerseybuddie said:

Jim Goodwin was the only person in the stadium who actually knows what it’s like, and more importantly what it takes, to captain a team to cup winning glory. It makes his team selection and tactics all the more baffling.

Connolly was on a yellow. So what? He was the one spark of creativity we had and he took him off!

Once we went behind you could see that no one knew what to do.

I still can’t understand why you would set out not to lose a semi final and not try and win it from the first whistle.

still gutted

He wouldn't take anyof our defenders if they were on a yellow

So a winger

Trust issues

That’s a couple of folk now said that Tait was our best player yesterday.

I’d agree Tait was definitely one of very few to come out with any credit, but I thought McCarthy was comfortably our best player, head and shoulders above the rest.

Consistently solid in defence and was the only one for me to make any real probing passes when playing out of defence. 
After being really impressive last season I felt he made a bit of a shaky start to this season, but for the last 2 or 3 months I think he’s been fantastic. 

Was also unlucky yesterday when generating arguably our only genuine attempt at goal. 

35 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I’d agree Tait was definitely one of very few to come out with any credit, but I thought McCarthy was comfortably our best player, head and shoulders above the rest.

Consistently solid in defence and was the only one for me to make any real probing passes when playing out of defence. 
After being really impressive last season I felt he made a bit of a shaky start to this season, but for the last 2 or 3 months I think he’s been fantastic. 

Was also unlucky yesterday when generating arguably our only genuine attempt at goal. 

McCarthy is a player who will should go on to bigger and better things.

After Alnwick, he's been our most consistent performer by far.

38 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Connor had Covid, earlier in the season and was affected quite badly with it, thought he was easily our best player on the day, and was only one of a few positives to come from that performance yesterday, and team selection,

Another one was we didn't have to freeze our bollocks off watching it. 😠 

Why are Flynn and Foley subs every week but never come on, if Goodwin doesn’t feel they’re good enough get shot of them, sitting warming the bench week after week.

Very poor team selection yesterday went out not to lose the game but not good enough to win the game with no shots on target yet again, getting very predictable and boring.

57 minutes ago, Dibbles old paperboy said:

I miss the old days on BAWA when it was only shull having a meltdown and calling for managers and players to be sacked if we lost a game in one of the cups.

It was upsetting then.

I am cured now.

:)

• 3 weeks later...