shull

Livingston v St Mirren League Cup Semi Final 24/1/21

Finding it hard to get excited about this game, as it is hard to get my head round the fact that i can't go and see a cup semi :(

Hopefully by next week i will feel different and likely i am not the only one. 

No matter what 2 teams get to the final, surely the powers to be can wait and play the game later in the season to improved the chance of some fans being allowed in. 

Just now, Tommy said:

Finding it hard to get excited about this game, as it is hard to get my head round the fact that i can't go and see a cup semi :(

No matter what 2 teams get to the final, surely the powers to be can wait and play the game later in the season to improved the chance of some fans being allowed in. 

I mentioned something along them lines yesterday.

What a shame if we get there and no fans are allowed to attend.

No matter who we'd play in the final we'd feel we've a chance so that would ensure a great turnout. 

Just now, faraway saint said:

Oh, another big game.

I hope we've won the semi final before we go into this, what a morale boost. 

With any luck, our dip in form won't be long lasting. We've already showed that we can compete with the best teams in the country and come out on top. Unfortunately one of our main problem this season has been consistency. 

2 minutes ago, Tommy said:

These games don’t come round very often in a players career when playing for a diddy club. Let’s home Jim fires them onto glory next week. Yes it will be a shame not to see it in person, but it’s a great chance for our club to make some more revenue in a season where they have been starved of money through lack of gate receipts and hospitality.

I am looking forward to the game. We have a lot of experience in our team in defence of cup semi finals and finals that will help the younger guys in the team. Similar to 2013. COYS.

Now that we can only watch on TV it gives us an insight to what Oakys experience of St Mirren must be like. 😂 

Yeah I miss not being there too Tommy. 😢 

:byebye

I thought Cammy had maybe injured himself overnight and only Supertroll knew about it.

I kinda guessed he wasn't suspended as it's a different competition.

Although a serious offence resulting in a straight red would have Cami missing the Semi Final.

10 minutes ago, Yflab said:

These games don’t come round very often in a players career when playing for a diddy club. Let’s home Jim fires them onto glory next week. Yes it will be a shame not to see it in person, but it’s a great chance for our club to make some more revenue in a season where they have been starved of money through lack of gate receipts and hospitality.

I am looking forward to the game. We have a lot of experience in our team in defence of cup semi finals and finals that will help the younger guys in the team. Similar to 2013. COYS.

Now that we can only watch on TV it gives us an insight to what Oakys experience of St Mirren must be like. 😂 

Yeah I miss not being there too Tommy. 😢 

Still giving it the big troll to Oaksoft.

Live and free on Radio Scotland if I can be bothered to switch from Smooth Radio.

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Is this not one of those myths, did some checking - St. Mirren Park is 115 x 74 yards whereas Hampden is 115 x 75 - is one extra yard significant?

I'm not comparing Hampden with St Mirren Park.

Hampden is about 11 yards wider than Livingston's pitch.

Edited by oaksoft

2 hours ago, Bud the Baker said:

Is this not one of those myths, did some checking - St. Mirren Park is 115 x 74 yards whereas Hampden is 115 x 75 - is one extra yard significant?

SMP and Hampden are the same dimensions, 105m x 68m.

Livingston's pitch is shorter (98m) but wider,  (69m)

18 hours ago, lenziebud said:

I couldn't care less what kind of run Livi have been on.

We are every bit as good as them and well able to beat them.

For me it will be on the day. If we turn up we have a great chance.

We also have a great chance to win this trophy. No need to fear any of the others.

18 hours ago, faraway saint said:

^^^^^^^ Blootered. :lol:

I’m with Lenziebud on this one.

It’s one thing spouting about fanciful European slots after a couple of decent performances, but Jesus Christ if we can’t go into a one off game against Livi thinking we will win, then we might as well chuck it. 
Sometimes Faraway, your level headed/devil’s advocate style definitely strays into glass half enpty territory. 

Edited by TPAFKA Jersey 2

On 1/16/2021 at 4:22 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I don’t know?

Because blind pointless optimism isn’t good for the soul?

On 1/16/2021 at 4:50 PM, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Arguably our worst performance of the season. 
We’ve been so shite that St. Johnstone have felt comfortable sitting back even at 1-0 against 10 men.

They know we can’t lay a glove on them. 

9 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

It’s one thing spouting about fanciful European slots after a couple of decent performances, but Jesus Christ if we can’t go into a one off game against Livi thinking we will win, then we might as well chuck it. 
Sometimes Faraway, your level headed/devil’s advocate style definitely strays into glass half enpty territory. 

We all have a point of view, I just prefer to look at the bigger picture. 

I've never said we CAN'T beat them, it's just unlikely, christ there's been enough "shock" results over the years to give us some hope but there's no doubt, if we win, it'll be a shock.

That's looking at it from their form, our managers negative approach and we can't buy a goal.

You're regular tirades over the last few weeks don't even get you close to half empty I'm afraid. :lol:

PS The bookies also seem to be in my boat, but they have been wrong before as well. 

Edited by faraway saint

12 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Sometimes? 😄

37 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

We all have a point of view, I just prefer to look at the bigger picture. 

I've never said we CAN'T beat them, it's just unlikely, christ there's been enough "shock" results over the years to give us some hope but there's no doubt, if we win, it'll be a shock.

That's looking at it from their form, our managers negative approach and we can't buy a goal.

You're regular tirades over the last few weeks don't even get you close to half empty I'm afraid. :lol:

PS The bookies also seem to be in my boat, but they have been wrong before as well. 

I know what you mean but I’m usually only critical of what is happening in the here and now i.e. during games. The other post of mine you quote was about the European place thing whi I’ve repeated here is fanciful.

I know you didn’t say we can’t win but you accused Lenziebud of being blootered because he thinks we will, which is more or less the same thing is it not.

I’m not saying Livi won’t be favourites so what the bookies think isn’t really relevant. Despite them being favourites I still think we will win this game. I’ve just got a good feeling about it. 
Feel free to quote this post next Sunday when we’re 4-0 down. 🤣

55 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I couldn't care less what kind of run Livi have been on.

We are every bit as good as them and well able to beat them.

For me it will be on the day. If we turn up we have a great chance.

We also have a great chance to win this trophy. No need to fear any of the others.

Fist of all I don't think we are as good as them, and that takes into account their manager.

If we turn up, like we did against Rangers, yes we do.

The last sentence, well I think that while nothings impossible we are outsiders for a reason, Livingston and Hibs (Not totally discounting RC) will have something to say about that. Do we "fear" the others, silly term, but two of them IN MY OPINION, are better teams all round. 

4 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

I know what you mean but I’m usually only critical of what is happening in the here and now i.e. during games. The other post of mine you quote was about the European place thing whi I’ve repeated here is fanciful.

I know you didn’t say we can’t win but you accused Lenziebud of being blootered because he thinks we will, which is more or less the same thing is it not.

I’m not saying Livi won’t be favourites so what the bookies think isn’t really relevant. Despite them being favourites I still think we will win this game. I’ve just got a good feeling about it. 
Feel free to quote this post next Sunday when we’re 4-0 down. 🤣

I've, only to keep your moaning face happy, went into detail why I discounted his post.

If we lose, I'll not drag this up, we're all entitled to pour opinion and predictions, but how did you know I have went for 4-0? :lol:

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Fist of all I don't think we are as good as them, and that takes into account their manager.

If we turn up, like we did against Rangers, yes we do.

The last sentence, well I think that while nothings impossible we are outsiders for a reason, Livingston and Hibs (Not totally discounting RC) will have something to say about that. Do we "fear" the others, silly term, but two of them IN MY OPINION, are better teams all round. 

I've, only to keep your moaning face happy, went into detail why I discounted his post.

If we lose, I'll not drag this up, we're all entitled to pour opinion and predictions, but how did you know I have went for 4-0? :lol:

I’m definitely ruling out RC. 😀