Livingston v St Mirren League Cup Semi Final 24/1/21

shull

51 minutes ago, paul torfason said:

What he been like in our past games?

He was the ref at our home game v Dundee United.

Didn't seem to be many comments about him during/after the game. Although, we could barely see anything because of the fog in the second half.

Alan Muir is the fourth official.

On 1/18/2021 at 2:45 PM, turrabuddie said:

On current form, Livi should win this comfortably, however, fortunately form goes out the window in this one off semi.

Just as likely Livi will have a wee dip in form or suffer a bout of overconfidence - and surely we’re due a performance.

There’s no doubt our players need to play better than they have in recent weeks, individually and collectively, and JG needs to find a better formation, otherwise we will lose. Even if Livi don’t turn up.

Think JG will go for 4-4-1-1.

Defence picks itself
One up top (Brophy?) with McGrath just behind.
But I struggle to see who to start in midfield:
Connolly and Durmus out wide ?
Erhahon and Flynn/Foley central ?

Livi have looked very good recently, but their form has to end sometime and no reason that can’t be Sunday.

COYS !!

(Yes, I know - it’s the hope that kills you)

I don't share your optimism. 

On the one hand we have beaten Livi twice this season, however how typical would it be to lose this one? I'm not sure form goes out of the window, I think that's basically an old footballing cliche, which I doubt is substantiated by any real evidence. Psychology is a huge factor in football, so let's hope Livi get gubbed tonight, and maybe that will influence the result on Sunday.

The only positive, which is another footballing cliche, is that 'our name's on the Cup' and, having beaten Aberdeen and Rangers, we are simply destined to win it. 

3-1 Livingston. :(

I don't share your optimism. 
On the one hand we have beaten Livi twice this season, however how typical would it be to lose this one? I'm not sure form goes out of the window, I think that's basically an old footballing cliche, which I doubt is substantiated by any real evidence. Psychology is a huge factor in football, so let's hope Livi get gubbed tonight, and maybe that will influence the result on Sunday.
The only positive, which is another footballing cliche, is that 'our name's on the Cup' and, having beaten Aberdeen and Rangers, we are simply destined to win it. 
3-1 Livingston. [emoji20]

Please don’t misinterpret my post as being optimistic. I’m saying you just never know.

I actually think Livi will win 2 or 3 nil, but there is always a chance, albeit a very slim one, that the cards may fall our way on the day and we end defying the odds to win. Highly unlikely, but possible.

I think Fakes will beat Hibs but lose to Livi in the final.

1 hour ago, turrabuddie said:

Please don’t misinterpret my post as being optimistic. I’m saying you just never know.

I actually think Livi will win 2 or 3 nil, but there is always a chance, albeit a very slim one, that the cards may fall our way on the day and we end defying the odds to win. Highly unlikely, but possible.

I think Fakes will beat Hibs but lose to Livi in the final.

Got  you a wee pressie for the Semi and Final,hope you enjoy the games.

11F42F0B-063E-4BA2-A096-BEC3C2AE2B9F.jpeg

I know there always a chance of winning but in all honesty it's a very very slim one. We haven't played well since beating the **** and we are weaker now team wise where as they have got better and better. Don't even see us scoring. 3-0 Livingston. 

6 minutes ago, turrabuddie said:

After that performance by Livi reserves tonight there’s not much doubt I’ll be needing that scarf for the final ...

Just about everyone thought the same after we drew The Ran**** in the previous round. 

Livi will lose at some point, and Sunday's as good a day as any.

Livingston play a very high intensity game, so playing at a big pitch like Hampden will help us if we pass the ball well and keep possession. we will miss Jake for sure but young Cammy is a able replacement, a very similar type player, for me the reason Jim doesn't play them together very often 

We'll need to bring a Rangers type performance on Sunday, anything less probably wont be good enough, 

Brophy up front on his own,  with Jamie in behind, Durmas Erhahon MacPherson Connolly 

Big Jon Dennis and McAllister on the bench.

Erwin to sit this one out, :)  2-1 Saints 

46 minutes ago, munoz said:

Just about everyone thought the same after we drew The Ran**** in the previous round. 

Livi will lose at some point, and Sunday's as good a day as any.

It would be but it won't be. Game will be over Inside first half hour. 

Livingston play a very high intensity game, so playing at a big pitch like Hampden will help us if we pass the ball well and keep possession. we will miss Jake for sure but young Cammy is a able replacement, a very similar type player, for me the reason Jim doesn't play them together very often 
We'll need to bring a Rangers type performance on Sunday, anything less probably wont be good enough, 
Brophy up front on his own,  with Jamie in behind, Durmas Erhahon MacPherson Connolly 
Big Jon Dennis and McAllister on the bench.
Erwin to sit this one out, [emoji4]  2-1 Saints 

Big pitch?

Hampden is 115 x 75 yards
SMISA is 110 X 70 yards
Livi is 110 x 76 yards

Not a huge difference.

We have been well.off the pace for our last three games.

Play like that and we will be toyed with!

We need to be snapping at their heels and closing them down instantly.

Play hard and fair(ish) and beat them.at their own game.

I trust Jim to come up with the right tactics... Just hope the players play as instructed and play to their strengths.

34 minutes ago, BuddieinEK said:

Big pitch?

Hampden is 115 x 75 yards
SMISA is 110 X 70 yards
Livi is 110 x 76 yards

Not a huge difference.

We have been well.off the pace for our last three games.

Play like that and we will be toyed with!

We need to be snapping at their heels and closing them down instantly.

Play hard and fair(ish) and beat them.at their own game.

I trust Jim to come up with the right tactics... Just hope the players play as instructed and play to their strengths.

It is for Livingston :rolleyes: grass makes a big difference,