Air Pollution

faraway saint

I just seen a report that air pollution, directly from motor vehicles, was a major factor in a 9 year old girl.
Makes you glad if you live in an area that's not got high levels of this kind of air pollution. 
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-55330945

Did it get her maw pregnant? [emoji33]

Just now, pod said:

Sad case.  But why not for the child's sake/health move to a less polluted area. :( 

Easier said than done, certainly without knowing the families circumstances.

London, as much as it's a shithole, is very expensive. 

Tragic but a landmark case which could see more come to light and forcing further attempts to reduced pollution from motor vehicles. 

1 hour ago, faraway saint said:

Easier said than done, certainly without knowing the families circumstances.

London, as much as it's a shithole, is very expensive. 

Tragic but a landmark case which could see more come to light and forcing further attempts to reduced pollution from motor vehicles. 

Absolutely, look what happened when they took lead out petrol! Murder rates across the developed world dropped like a stone and crime rates decreased significantly. No lead pipes, no lead paint, no lead in petrol = no mad hatters (who also used lead to line hats) 

CFE9ACCB-3D7A-4211-A087-216421FED348.jpeg

18 minutes ago, antrin said:

I’m about to move.

In London.

To London.

Same area.

My part of London is pretty perfect in so many ways.  :)

My dad was a Londoner. I have cousin who lives in North Norwood.  My son used to stay in Dulwich before moving to Croydon. 

London is OK for a visit or holiday, but to live in, it's not my cup of tea.   Not doubt there are some less polluted nice areas. :wink:

Edited by pod

19 minutes ago, pod said:

My dad was a Londoner. I have cousin who lives in North Norwood.  My son used to stay in Dulwich before moving to Croydon. 

London is OK for a visit or holiday, but to live in, it's not my cup of tea.   Not doubt there are some less polluted nice areas. :wink:

Especially if you value your possessions or life. 

1 hour ago, pod said:

Oooooooooft!  :unsure:

Norwood, Dulwich, Croydon.....

... all Souf of the river!

We Londoners prefer to describe such places as... “Northern suburbs of Paris”.  :)

16 hours ago, ALBIONSAINT said:

Absolutely, look what happened when they took lead out petrol! Murder rates across the developed world dropped like a stone and crime rates decreased significantly. No lead pipes, no lead paint, no lead in petrol = no mad hatters (who also used lead to line hats) 

While you are right about the toxic effects of lead on the brain, mad hatters' disease was caused by inhalation of mercury vapours.

2 hours ago, antrin said:

Oooooooooft!  :unsure:

Norwood, Dulwich, Croydon.....

... all Souf of the river!

We Londoners prefer to describe such places as... “Northern suburbs of Paris”.  :)

Commuting purposes, as he was working at Kings College Hospital. Packed it all in, to stressful, and now at Aberdeen University, studying.  

On 12/17/2020 at 8:21 PM, ALBIONSAINT said:

Absolutely, look what happened when they took lead out petrol! Murder rates across the developed world dropped like a stone and crime rates decreased significantly. No lead pipes, no lead paint, no lead in petrol = no mad hatters (who also used lead to line hats)  I don't believe this can be a school project. I'm used to seeing simple compositions or text overtures, but this is a masterpiece. Such resources  https://edubirdie.com/english-homework should contribute to the development of personal qualities. The search for the population is our cross and our problem.

This is a good post about human errors and their consequences.

Edited by finistratbob

• 4 weeks later...