St Mirren vs St Johnstone

There were many candidates today for MOTM but my vote would go to Doyle-Hayes closely followed by Jamie McGrath.

And then there are those guys who did not get on the pitch today - Ryan Flynn and Sam Foley. It makes you appreciate the good signings that have been made over the past year or so that have made it so competitive for places.

Today's result will boost the confidence of those who have struggled to show their ability - eg. Erwin, Morias and McAllister.

35 minutes ago, Sweeper07 said:

They do but its the same game - and will their FA make the same judgment - if not, does that not help our cause even if it only supports our argument that it is unfair . . .

They haven't as far as I know.  But what do I know. :wink:

12 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Not bothered we are well capable of mid table. Needa center foward in the window

As much as I agree about bringing in another forward,  you can see today what decent delivery into the box can bring for the forwards we already have at the club. 

Also, we now have goals coming from midfield so I'd like to see where we are in term of goals, and goal scorers after all the festive games are over. If we carry on in the same vein, we just might not need any new signings. 

4 minutes ago, munoz said:

As much as I agree about bringing in another forward,  you can see today what decent delivery into the box can bring for the forwards we already have at the club. 

Also, we now have goals coming from midfield so I'd like to see where we are in term of goals, and goal scorers after all the festive games are over. If we carry on in the same vein, we just might not need any new signings. 

The defending by StJ was dire. First time i can remember Obika scoring with his head from set piece.

We got out of jail today.

Magnificent response to what had been a poor performance by Goody. Mason and especially McAllister and Obika pulled us through that today. What a run this is now, a Juggernaut almost. On to Easter Road for what could be a classic. Huge effort from everyone at the club, loving it.

17 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

The defending by StJ was dire. First time i can remember Obika scoring with his head from set piece.

We got out of jail today.

We didn't really. They tried to defend for 45 mins in the 2nd half but weren't good enough.

I'm not sure what Obika has to do for some to realise he's actually a very good asset. 

I do agree the Sainteeees defending wasn't great, but a decent striker needs to get into those positions in order to score. Obika did that today,  and to his credit,  so did Erwin. 

Fantastic result but I think we got lucky. 

The sending off was very harsh and we were sloppy in the first half.

We didn't really start to get on top until the 70th minute or so when Saintees started to tire.

In saying that we have once again scored three goals to win a game. Something that looked impossible a few weeks ago when, at that time, we looked to be getting nothing better than a draw if the opposition scored and Goodie's substitutions made me roll my eyes. Every sub today made us look better.

ETA. For those talking about Ross C sacking their manager. I think this could be very bad news for us as I can see Tommy Wright taking the reins.

Edited by stlucifer

31 minutes ago, munoz said:

We didn't really. They tried to defend for 45 mins in the 2nd half but weren't good enough.

I'm not sure what Obika has to do for some to realise he's actually a very good asset. 

I do agree the Sainteeees defending wasn't great, but a decent striker needs to get into those positions in order to score. Obika did that today,  and to his credit,  so did Erwin. 

Not saying Obika isn't an asset. Not sure i can say the same about Erwin, Morais or Dennis.

Think a poor decision by ref for sending off got us out of jail, we were very poor today but ground it out

Edited by lenziebud

23 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Not saying Obika isn't an asset. Not sure i can say the same about Erwin, Morais or Dennis.

Think a poor decision by ref for sending off got us out of jail, we were very poor today but ground it out

Red card all day long. 

That sort of lunge always gives the ref a decision. The fact the defenders lunge missed so he then decided to flick up his foot to catch Durmus probably sealed it. Given decisions against us this season I will take it all day long.

All this we got lucky stuff is annoying me. Yes we were not at our best but Goody influenced that with excellent substitutions that changed the game, great management not lucky. As for the red we have been on the wrong end of that sort of decision this season. Was it stonewall probably not but nor was it a shocker to give it. It was a dangerous two footed lunge compounded by the defender making sure he stopped Durmus with a wee flick once he realised he missed. We are on a great run but there are no easy games for a club our size at this level. We need to earn every point and to say we were lucky to win today is in my opinion pretty disingenuous.

30 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

I was wrong would have been a much shorter post....you haven’t yet (that I’ve noticed) given McAllister any credit for his deliveries into the box for the two headed goals or his run and pass to Morias to take the clock down. You talk a lot of sense at times but a wee bit of praise where it’s due wouldn’t go amiss.

Just now, Ayrshire Saints said:

All this we got lucky stuff is annoying me. Yes we were not at our best but Goody influenced that with excellent substitutions that changed the game, great management not lucky. As for the red we have been on the wrong end of that sort of decision this season. Was it stonewall probably not but nor was it a shocker to give it. It was a dangerous two footed lunge compounded by the defender making sure he stopped Durmus with a wee flick once he realised he missed. We are on a great run but there are no easy games for a club our size at this level. We need to earn every point and to say we were lucky to win today is in my opinion pretty disingenuous.

For the people that think we were lucky today,  what about the recent Dundee Utd and Aberdeen home games? Games that we were by far the better team in both, but only had the 2 draws to show for our efforts. 

I thought we deserved today's win , and if that was partly due to the St Johnstone sending off , they only have themselves to blame. 

An 11 game run isn't lucky.

1 minute ago, munoz said:

For the people that think we were lucky today,  what about the recent Dundee Utd and Aberdeen home games? Games that we were by far the better team in both, but only had the 2 draws to show for our efforts. 

I thought we deserved today's win , and if that was partly due to the St Johnstone sending off , they only have themselves to blame. 

An 11 game run isn't lucky.

11 games?

I count only 9 so far since our defeat at Aberdeen.

It's a fabulous run anyway amd I couldn't care less if we're inclusing games against the likes of Queens Park.

Just realised that we have not lost a game since Jake Doyle-Hayes joined us. The man hasn't tasted defeat in the black and white stripes yet.

Edited by oaksoft

7 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

11 games?

It's a fabulous run anyway amd I couldn't care less if we're inclusing games against the likes of Queens Park.

Just realised that we have not lost a game since Jake Doyle-Hayes joined us. The man hasn't tasted defeat in the black and white stripes yet.

Pretty sure its 11.

8 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

11 games?

Partick Thistle

QOS

Dundee Utd

Morton

Queen's Park

Livingston

Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Motherwell

Rangers 

St Johnstone

11 games?

I think JDH has never lost while playing for us. Incredible really.

He needs to sign an extension to his current contract. He’s clearly enjoying the platform we’ve given him - it would be win win for player and club.