Queen's Park

Livingston

Aberdeen

Aberdeen

Motherwell

Rangers 

St Johnstone

W, W (pens), D, W (pens), W, W, W, D, W, W, W

7 wins plus 2 wins on penalties and 2 draws. That's a fine run by any standard.

Wed 07/10/2020 Partick Thistle H 4-1 Betfred Cup   7:45pm kick-off 
Sat 10/10/2020 Queen of the South A 2-2  Betfred Cup    
Sat 17/10/2020 Motherwell H P-P Scottish Premiership   
Sat 24/10/2020 Hamilton Academical H P-P Scottish Premiership   
Sat 31/10/2020 Celtic A P-P Scottish Premiership   
Fri 06/11/2020 Dundee United H 0-0 Scottish Premiership   7:45pm kick-off
Wed 11/11/2020 Morton H 1-1 Betfred Cup   7:45pm kick-off
Sat 14/11/2020 Queen's Park A 1-0 Betfred Cup   
Sat 21/11/2020 Livingston A 1-0 Scottish Premiership   
Sat 28/11/2020 Aberdeen H 2-1 Betfred Cup  5:15pm kick-off

Live on Premier Sports
Sat 05/12/2020 Aberdeen H 1-1 Scottish Premiership   
Sat 12/12/2020 Motherwell A 1-0 Scottish Premiership   
Wed 16/12/2020 Rangers H 3-2 Betfred Cup 8pm kick-off

Live on Premier Sport 
Sat 19/12/2020 St Johnstone H 3-2 Scottish Premiership   

40 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

I was wrong would have been a much shorter post....you haven’t yet (that I’ve noticed) given McAllister any credit for his deliveries into the box for the two headed goals or his run and pass to Morias to take the clock down. You talk a lot of sense at times but a wee bit of praise where it’s due wouldn’t go amiss.

Hey McAllister did the business today but still not a starter for me. His set piece delivery has always been top class but we need way more from him consistently. Interesting that StJ were down to 10 and he had more space. Personally i'm not sure Kyle is going to get back to the player he was for us in the Chapionship

48 minutes ago, Ayrshire Saints said:

All this we got lucky stuff is annoying me. Yes we were not at our best but Goody influenced that with excellent substitutions that changed the game, great management not lucky. As for the red we have been on the wrong end of that sort of decision this season. Was it stonewall probably not but nor was it a shocker to give it. It was a dangerous two footed lunge compounded by the defender making sure he stopped Durmus with a wee flick once he realised he missed. We are on a great run but there are no easy games for a club our size at this level. We need to earn every point and to say we were lucky to win today is in my opinion pretty disingenuous.

Absolutely this. There was nothing “lucky” about our win today.

We were rank rotten for most of the game, but we ground out a result. 

Not at all sure where the luck was supposed to be? 

38 minutes ago, Yflab said:

He has done brilliantly since he signed. Even though he was famously written off by @waldorf34.

Keeps the game simple. Breaks up so many attack and distributes the ball to guys like McGrath and Durmus.

Like you I hope we can tie him down to a longer contract, but his agent may have other ideas.

As usual you missed the point. I questioned the recruitment of players from irish and english leagues on 6 month contracts. If they are  crap,as some have been in the past ,they will have used up precious  cash ,if they are very good they will go to better clubs or back to their clubs. if on loan ,and we have to start again in the summer to rebuild.

Meanwhile our academy  boys go down the pecking order.

I highlighted  the fact that if the club did not play Ethan in his proper position  and gave him a run he would be off.

So they played him ,gave him a run and he has proved he is a great young player.

Only then did he sign a new contract .

31 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Hey McAllister did the business today but still not a starter for me. His set piece delivery has always been top class but we need way more from him consistently. Interesting that StJ were down to 10 and he had more space. Personally i'm not sure Kyle is going to get back to the player he was for us in the Chapionship

I think that’s a little bit of understating your previous opinion of McAllister. Criticism is ok as long as praise is delivered in equal measure when deserved. McAllister and Erwin deserve all the praise tonight along with Obika, none of them are perfect but if they were they wouldn’t be playing for us.

This really is a great time to be a St Mirren fan as plenty others have pointed out things St Mirren never seem to do but are doing alot right now playing poor and winning, substitutes changing matches, more than one striker scoring goals, scoring with headers, scoring with set pieces,scoring late goals the list goes on.

Regards today as much as Steven Mclean was probably poor from a St Mirren point of view having watched the highlights on a full size screen the 2 big calls were 100% correct.

For those of you that like a bet, BET365 offering 10/ Both Teams to Score St Mirren to win Wednesday 3rd time in 7 days.

9 minutes ago, WeeBud said:

I think that’s a little bit of understating your previous opinion of McAllister. Criticism is ok as long as praise is delivered in equal measure when deserved. McAllister and Erwin deserve all the praise tonight along with Obika, none of them are perfect but if they were they wouldn’t be playing for us.

I'm not really getting where your coming from tbh. Yes McAllister contributed today but IMO he isn't good enough. Erwin scored a goal but overall he has been junk and wasn't particularily brilliant today either. Obika for me has been poor for most of the season but over the last 5 or 6 matches looks transformed and now very effective. Good asset when playing like this. Ditto for Durmus. Morais is cr@p and needs moved on. Dennis i'll reseve judgement on as injury has hampered him so far. 

Seems to be few getting carried away about a few players today

Not at all, probably more about humility....we got three points today despite your critical analysis of everything and anything that affected the outcome of the changes within the game. Your opinion should never get in the way of acknowledging what actually happened whether positive or negative. As I said earlier I respect your thoughts and reading of what happens but your blinkers have let you down today ( my opinion only you understand).

4 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

I'm not really getting where your coming from tbh. Yes McAllister contributed today but IMO he isn't good enough. Erwin scored a goal but overall he has been junk and wasn't particularily brilliant today either. Obika for me has been poor for most of the season but over the last 5 or 6 matches looks transformed and now very effective. Good asset when playing like this. Ditto for Durmus. Morais is cr@p and needs moved on. Dennis i'll reseve judgement on as injury has hampered him so far. 

Seems to be few getting carried away about a few players today

I see Goodwin mentioning in his post match interview that Erwin was quite badly hit by the Covid infection.

Steve Bruce has stated today that several of his affected players, even after recovering from the worst of Covid, are still suffering physically..

Maybe, that has been a contributing factor to Erwin's poor form. Maybe it hasn't, but he took his goal extremely well today. Hopefully he can continue to stick them away.

3 minutes ago, FTOF said:

I see Goodwin mentioning in his post match interview that Erwin was quite badly hit by the Covid infection.

Steve Bruce has stated today that several of his affected players, even after recovering from the worst of Covid, are still suffering physically..

Maybe, that has been a contributing factor to Erwin's poor form. Maybe it hasn't, but he took his goal extremely well today. Hopefully he can continue to stick them away.

Yep i get that so hopefully we see a fully fit Lee Erwin going forward and performances to match the managers opinion of him. 

The confidence in the team must be sky high at moment. I'm sure Goodwin now knows who isn't going to cut it anymore, now he has got a fully fit squad by not pushing themselves to break into or get back into team.

Wonder if our run of form now will even give posters like old 'god of war'a bit of cheer🤣🤣🤣

Edited by Cumbriansaint72

6 minutes ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

The confidence in the team must be sky high at moment. I'm sure Goodwin now knows who isn't going to cut it anymore, now he has got a fully fit squad by not pushing themselves to break into or get back into team.

Wonder if our run of form now will even give posters like old 'god of war'a bit of cheer🤣🤣🤣

No chance- he's just a troll,  and a poor one at that.

I worried about today as often you see teams beat the old firm then fall flat in the next game. I don’t think we played brilliant for long spells but the subs changed the game and the club in general is in such a good place right now. The boys are all fighting for each other and they look a really solid side at present. Let’s now press on and get well clear of the drop so that we can really focus on the semi. Well done jim and the boys I was very doubtful about the opportunity to turn it around but take a bow the teams unrecognisable now

I hope our cashflow isn't buggered with all those annoying win bonuses to be paid.
Goodwin said after the cup game that the players have gave up their bonus money for this season. He then said he expected them to be chapping Tony door soon [emoji23]

That was a game we would probably have lost in the past but despite not being at our best we ground it out today. Substitutions all played their part and when you think Flynn and Foley were both unused on the bench we do now have some strength in depth. McAllister added that missing link from middle to front and his ability to see a pass and get quality crosses into the box has never been in doubt, just a pity that we can’t seem to get a full 90 mins from him.

Some run that we are on and let’s enjoy it as this is all very un-St Mirren like 😂 - worth remembering though we have a very young midfield and no doubt their form will dip at some point. That is when we will need to use our squad and ideally likes of Flynn and Foley can come in and do a job. JDH is making a massive difference to us in the middle of the park and hopefully behind the scenes we are doing all we can to try and get him on an extended deal.

3 hours ago, Cumbriansaint72 said:

I am absolutely delighted with Saints at moment. I had issues with Goodwin as manager but he has blew me out the water so i'm man enough to say at present time I'm 100% wrong. Long may it continue...happy xmas everybody, even Yflab ...

Another fine win today. As has been said, it was a game we might have lost a couple of months ago. Despite having a man advantage in the second half, we struggled to break through the St. Johnstone defence. But heads did not go down. The players stuck to the task and JG brought on the right subs at the right time.

Erwin had what must have been his best game for us. I've criticised him up till now, but maybe he just hadn't recovered fully from the effects of Covid. Doyle-Hayes excellent again and McGrath now looks full of confidence.

Still have concerns about Durmus and McAllister. They were good yesterday but they need to play like that in every game. Again, the effects of Covid might be a factor in Durmus' case.

Quick word for Alnwick. Unlucky with the penalty and he made a couple of good saves to keep us in it when we were pushing for the equaliser in the second half.

All round, a really pleasing performance and result. Now, can we do the same to our second team at Easter Road on Wednesday?

As always, COYS!!