Sign in to follow this  
Yflab

St Mirren FC Ltd AGM 2020

1 hour ago, Cookie Monster said:

Seeing how he seems to have taken a dislike to you, I'll ask him nicely.

Have you considered selling your shares given that you no longer choose to support the club? 

shull has a point.

Balfy needs to consider minding his own f**king business about how others choose to support or not support the club. He seems to think he's become the Saints Police. Probably best not to encourage his f**kwittery.

18 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

shull has a point.

Balfy needs to consider minding his own f**king business about how others choose to support or not support the club. He seems to think he's become the Saints Police. Probably best not to encourage his f**kwittery.

I asked a simple question because I know some people who wish to be individual shareholders. I asked politely. Not that is any of your business because we ALL know you don’t financially help the club in ANY way. 

Shull has made it crystal clear that he won’t spend another penny on following Saints and I respect that decision.

My gripe about “supporting “ St Mirren is with you and no one else.

Now away you go and count your bog roll ya troll. 😂 

Edited by Yflab

34 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

shull has a point.

Oh, the sweet smell of irony. :lol:

1 hour ago, Yflab said:

I asked a simple question because I know some people who wish to be individual shareholders. 

Oh yes of course you do. 🤣

Juat wind yer neck in and leave folk alone to support or not support the club in whatever way they feel.

It's got f**k all to do with you Officer Balfy.

45 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

Wasn't that long ago he was asking shull something about the cost of his radio i think it was for his hired car  :shockaroony

48 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

I'm not the one trolling the forum asking people to provide proof of how they are supporting the club.

Balfy knows exactly what he's doing here what that comment.

This really will be a historic AGM.

I believe the first ever to have been carried out with all attendees remotely logged in via computer. 
Hopefully it’s the last one.🤞 

I look forward to hearing about the plans for the future involving the Kibble and SMiSA.

How the club has been dealing with COVID.

The plans to get fans back in the ground after restrictions are lifted. 

Jim’s plans for the domestic cup double. 

Fitzy’s plans to fill in the corners and get ST up to 8,000.

How the club can eliminate the Hesgoal Harry’s.

5 minutes ago, oaksoft said:

Oh yes of course you do. 🤣

Juat wind yer neck in and leave folk alone to support or not support the club in whatever way they feel.

It's got f**k all to do with you Officer Balfy.

Just like this topic has fcuk all to do with you. Leave the supporters and shareholders to it.

Edited by Yflab

1 minute ago, Yflab said:

This really will be a historic AGM.

I believe the first ever to have been carried out with all attendees remotely logged in via computer. 
Hopefully it’s the last one.🤞 

I look forward to hearing about the plans for the future involving the Kibble and SMiSA.

How the club has been dealing with COVID.

The plans to get fans back in the ground after restrictions are lifted. 

Jim’s plans for the domestic cup double. 

Fitzy’s plans to fill in the corners and get ST up to 8,000.

How the club can eliminate the Hesgoal Harry’s.

Any chance of some updates?

3 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Just like this topic has fcuk all to do with you. Leave the supporters and shareholders to it.

The game is on at 4pm on Sunday BTW.

#superfan

Edited by oaksoft

2 minutes ago, Yflab said:

Imagine trolling someone because of their disability. How low can some people stoop? 

Grow up and don't be so f**king stupid.

Apart from anything else, if you want to be man enough to dish it out, at least be man enough to take it back.

Edited by oaksoft

7 hours ago, Slash said:

Some rough notes I composed between songs tonight.

111 participants. Meeting recorded for other shareholders.

GLS opened the meeting.

Discussed questions relating to the accounts.

1. Police Scotland - St Mirren approached the Police to seek advice on an internal matter. PS spoke to previous BoD for history. Matter deemed closed. No further details due to confidentiality.

2. Investment in accounts re £250,000 - money was doing nothing in bank at the time due to low interest rate. . Was invested through Alan Wardrop. Lost money during market crash. Currently sits at £254,000 

3. SMTV attendance - ST range from 1,800 to 3,000 ;  PPV from 300 to 8000 match dependent 

4. Financial Health - Tough times. Club looking to keep loss this season to a minimum. Runs in Cups key. 

5. Fill in Corners - Not at this point in time

6. HMRC - processes and systems improved. No feedback to press issued as statement said what was required. Case closed

7. GLS Club Updates - GLS reduced input in running club as a result of help from Kibble. The club have been issuing short and regular updates instead.

8. Club Shop ref. concern about Kibble taking over - all avenues being looked at for future revenue.

9. Question about Kibble involvement - Fitzy was keen to close this issue down. We are seen as one organisation now. Kibble have brought the following benefits to the club:

- Graphic Design and Signage - I believe a new sign announcing SMISA Stadium has gone up

- Marketing improvements - One Town - One Team; Be in that number around town

-  IT Support

- Training Centre and Stadium Maintenance and Refurbishment 

- All catering for staff and players

- Matchday Hospitality 

- HR

- Multiple Sponsorships in addition to shareholding

- No threat to existing staff

10. Question on Off Field revenue - Jim Gillespie spoke about the club’s ambition to be the top 6 commercial football club in Scotland. We aim to have the best Youth Academy. At present the priority is working through a COVID-19 strategy to ensure that we still have a club. Plan is to augment staffing moving forward and sweat the stadium assets especially on non-match days.

11. Question ref Goalkeeper & COVID - St Mirren were given 24hours to resolve the situation and they had to get a player that had been tested.

12. Kyle Magennis - offered a contract to become highest player in squad. Once Jack Ross took over at Hibs, KM requested a move. KM felt it was a life changing move. Club felt they could not stand in his way.

13. Government Loans - Not required this season - cash flow strong. However it would be foolish not to investigate the process as we don’t know what the future holds.

14. Question on Kibble benefits - great resources and professionalism including a dedicated General Manager. Jim Gillespie’s friendship with Billy Bowie helped with the Brophy deal.

15. Scouting system - Jim Goodwin uses contacts, scouts and tools that SPFL provide plus the investment St Mirren have made. As a result of Brexit it has become a very challenging market. Points basis introduced for European market based on a large number of factors. Richer clubs won’t have same issues as they operate in a different market. No issue regarding RoI according to JG.

16. International Subscribers vs UK Season Ticket holders - as it stands international subscribers get to see all games - home and away for £150. Pricing needs to be looked at.

17. SMTV Matchday Sponsor - Club will look at ways to improve SMTV revenue

18. Question on Stadium Use as Car Boot venue on non Matchday weekends - will be looked at.

19. Question on Flu Clinic revenue - good sum of money, but won’t disclose. Club offered stadium for COVID-19 vaccine, but decision to be made by Health Board

========= MINUTES AND FINANCIAL PART APPROVED  ======

Questions on Playing Side

1. Dressing Rooms & COVID - we have two of the largest in Scottish football so no issue regarding protocols.

2. Academy Update - some players have left as club felt they would not make first team. Club always looks to provide a pathway for those who leave. Academy games restricted due to COVID, but unlike some clubs (Hibs) St Mirren have kept the Academy going throughout the pandemic. Club have put some players out on load to gain experience, but there is limited football being played. High hopes for a number of players including Lewis Jamieson (Striker), Kieran Offord (Striker) and Dylan Reid. It is hoped that Dylan when he turns 16 this season will make his 1st team debut if all goes well.

3. Kevin Nisbett - Club made an offer to Dunfermline but were priced out by HIbs on fee and wages

4. Usual questions on Set Pieces - lots of work on training ground. Jim Goodwin said that the stats show that we produce enough chances in a game, however we lacked a 15-20 goalscorer - hence the reason we brought in Brophy.

5. Injury Update provided. No details to save the press and opposition from knowing.

6. Transfer Activity - we are always looking at improving the squad. Cards close to chest for obvious reasons.

Jim Goodwin finished up by saying this situation has been difficult for everyone at the club as a result of the protocols. He and the players are missing the fans - especially at the cup games against Aberdeen and The Rangers - as they would have liked to have enjoyed the success with the fans. JG sees progress on and off the pitch however. He believes the quality of the squad he has now to what he inherited is like night and day. Jim congratulates the Board on not cutting the wages of the players and staff unlike many other clubs. This has kept morale high and should not be underestimated. Jim says we have only lost 3 of the last 17 and we are 4 points better off than last season, but wants to make improvements. He has received excellent support from General Manager and new directors from Kibble.

End of meeting.

•  
  •  

Mate, you've no idea how much I appreciate this.

Good to read the Police Scotland/HMRC matter was closed.

The SMTV season ticket attendance figures mean nothing - three of us use the one login. My only fear is that people might not bother to renew their season tickets next season, or you'll find a whole family just purchasing a kid's ST and all can watch.

Kyle Magennis move was what I heard and suspected. Nobody can blame the lad for wanting to play for a bigger club at the end of the day.

It's a pity safe standing was never discussed. Maybe next year?

2 hours ago, W6er said:

Mate, you've no idea how much I appreciate this.

Good to read the Police Scotland/HMRC matter was closed.

The SMTV season ticket attendance figures mean nothing - three of us use the one login. My only fear is that people might not bother to renew their season tickets next season, or you'll find a whole family just purchasing a kid's ST and all can watch.

Kyle Magennis move was what I heard and suspected. Nobody can blame the lad for wanting to play for a bigger club at the end of the day.

Could we get one login for the whole Forum, well for some of us ?  :)

5 hours ago, shull said:

Could we get one login for the whole Forum, well for some of us ?  :)

Just to clarify, all three of us are season ticket holders! So we do have two spare log ins! But I would like you to buy a stream, please Shull! :)