Hibernian v St Mirren Premiership 23/12/20

shull

2 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

There's no need to make it look worse than it was.

We were off the pace, no doubt, slack, especially in the first half.

They hardly "peppered" our goal either. 

I’m not making it look worse than it was. 
They didn’t need to pepper our goal. They were winning from the 20th minute. 

1 minute ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Hibs were winning. What do you mean there was only one team trying to win? Hibs were trying to win by comfortably holding onto their lead.

Anyone satisfied with that tonight is seriously missing the point. 

Boo boy.

Just now, oaksoft said:

TBH I think Obika's was much better. All he had to do was lift that lob another 6 inches and we were level.

He was just on the park, so for me gets a bit of leeway. The Durmas chance, all he had to do was get it on target. 

Just now, oaksoft said:

Right, so you missed it.

His first touch was a lob on the goalie with the goal empty behind him. He didn't get enough height on it.

He ran onto ball about 30 yards out and just hit it straight at the keeper. How the hell is that a golden chance. 
If he’d ran in with the ball as he did in the hearts game, that would’ve constituted a golden chance.

That wasn’t even a half chance. 

Just now, munoz said:

He was just on the park, so for me gets a bit of leeway. The Durmas chance, all he had to do was get it on target. 

I would agree on both counts.

Those are chances a team like us need to be taking.

I'm not discouraged at all though. I want to see my team win each week but it's not the be all and end.

There was plenty to enjoy about tonight's game even though we lost.

I'd truly hate to be one of those people who can only find pleasure in watching us when we win.

He ran onto ball about 30 yards out and just hit it straight at the keeper. How the hell is that a golden chance. 
If he’d ran in with the ball as he did in the hearts game, that would’ve constituted a golden chance.

He tried to lob the goalie but f**ked it as he'd only just got on the pitch.

If he'd cleared the goalie it was 1-1.

I don't know what else would constitute a golden chance if that doesn't.

Edited by oaksoft

Honest boy. I call the rough with the smooth. Tonight was shite and there’s no denying that. 

We really weren't.  We weren't as good as some of our previous games- that is all. 

Hibs , a team with probably 3 times our budget never looked any better than us as the narrow result suggests. Maybe you did fall asleep. 

5 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Honest boy. I call the rough with the smooth. Tonight was shite and there’s no denying that. 

I can't agree with that.

We clearly weren't shite.

Any neutral watching tonight would be unable to tell which team had the bigger financial budget by 3 times.

We are competing in every game now. Nobody, not even Rangers, have made us look second best for a couple of months.

And now we're actually creating chances and looking like scoring.

The progress is remarkable. We have a fabulous manager and a good squad with depth. That is absolutely progress for us.

Edited by oaksoft

Yes - it certainly was.

Having said that, I thought Obika played well when he came on, and I have not been one of his greatest supporters.

Wasn’t a great game but hey we were playing the third best team in Scotland and we certainly deserved at draw at least.One criticism however was our use of subs.We did lose our shape somewhat with Ethan our only midfielder thought that if subbing MacPherson and McGrath the obvious replacements were Flynn and Foley.Dennis just looks lost at this level.Anyway on to County and Jake back.

1 minute ago, oaksoft said:

I can't agree with that.

We clearly weren't shite.

2 minutes ago, munoz said:

We really weren't.  We weren't as good as some of our previous games- that is all. 

Hibs , a team with probably 3 times our budget never looked any better than us as the narrow result suggests. Maybe you did fall asleep. 

It’s all about opinions lads.

Ones that are right (like mine) and ones that are wrong (like yours) 😁

We were always going to lose at some point,  it's how we react to our 1st defeat in weeks/months is the important thing that will go a long way to defining our season.  

I just hope Taits injury isn't too bad , and that JDH is back for Saturday.