Hibernian v St Mirren Premiership 23/12/20

shull

45 minutes ago, northstbuddie said:

Like Nicola - I'm kicking myself - did not pay attention to kick-off time and only saw the last half hour.

From what I saw in that time I thought we played well but we missed Doyle Hayes' composure and direction in midfield.

Having said that, I thought MacPherson and Erhahon played well, as did most of the team.

Based on this form we are more likely to move up rather than down the table before the end of the season.

Might be your turn to be the big news story on BBC Scotland then, be prepared for the UK press showing up in your front lawn tomorrow  :whistle 

31 minutes ago, TPAFKA Jersey 2 said:

Really not with you there. You’re not making much sense with your wee snarky sound bites. Try actually saying or better still evidencing what you mean. 
One too many kippers for you today I think. 

You're assessment looks like..........................we're losing, we're shite, we're winning, we're great. :wacko:

As for evidence, you only need to look at tonight, or Saturday, enough said. 

Football's not quite like that, sorry to disappoint you. :lol:

15 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

You're assessment looks like..........................we're losing, we're shite, we're winning, we're great. :wacko:

As for evidence, you only need to look at tonight, or Saturday, enough said. 

Football's not quite like that, sorry to disappoint you. :lol:

So no then. Righty ho

2 hours ago, oaksoft said:

I can't agree with that.

We clearly weren't shite.

Any neutral watching tonight would be unable to tell which team had the bigger financial budget by 3 times.

We are competing in every game now. Nobody, not even Rangers, have made us look second best for a couple of months.

And now we're actually creating chances and looking like scoring.

The progress is remarkable. We have a fabulous manager and a good squad with depth. That is absolutely progress for us.

Quite liking your posts tonight. Find myself agreeing with them all 😀

4 minutes ago, lenziebud said:

Quite liking your posts tonight. Find myself agreeing with them all 😀

You're dumbing yourself down, his usual bland soundbites are rolled out game after game.

He's never played any sport and has no understanding of the realities of football.

A bit like a robot, shallow and meaningless words.

That about sums him up, I fank you. 

It should be noted that Hibs have the 3rd best, equal, "goals against" record in the league. 

A bit of perspective..........................................

We've played Hibs, St Johnstone (on a great run at the time) Rangers, Motherwell and Aberdeen in out last 5 games, only losing one. 

I certainly would not have seen that before this run of games. 

It's still early days and it only takes a couple of bad results and we're back in the shite but.............

Right now we have to be optimistic. 

The recent talk of Europe, well, aye ok.......................mid table will do, and is more likely. 

I too wrongly assumed the game would start later, so, I've just finished watching it on Alba.

Subs FFS.  Prior to Mason being sent off he should have been subbed long time before.  Sorry, but he was a wee boy out there amongst adults.

Kristian (no mans land) Dennis came on and disappeared. 

I feel we could have won that match had the line up at the start reflected the form of players we have.

All very frustrating. 

32 minutes ago, Desperately Seeking Susans said:

I too wrongly assumed the game would start later, so, I've just finished watching it on Alba.

Subs FFS.  Prior to Mason being sent off he should have been subbed long time before.  Sorry, but he was a wee boy out there amongst adults.

Kristian (no mans land) Dennis came on and disappeared. 

I feel we could have won that match had the line up at the start reflected the form of players we have.

All very frustrating. 

Agree with the Mason one , he was lucky to get away with giving away a penalty and what then would had been his second yellow , don’t think he was getting enough help on his side of the park .

38 minutes ago, faraway saint said:

It should be noted that Hibs have the 3rd best, equal, "goals against" record in the league. 

A bit of perspective..........................................

We've played Hibs, St Johnstone (on a great run at the time) Rangers, Motherwell and Aberdeen in out last 5 games, only losing one. 

I certainly would not have seen that before this run of games. 

It's still early days and it only takes a couple of bad results and we're back in the shite but.............

Right now we have to be optimistic. 

The recent talk of Europe, well, aye ok.......................mid table will do, and is more likely. 

We all need to dream , just listen to Tony🍄

If we get these 2 games back it wouldn't be unreasonable to expect to get 4 or 6 points off them,  Top 6 finish would be well within our grasp,  reach the league cup final, This could turn out to a really good season for us.

But lets not get carried away like Tony, lets take it one game at a time and keep our feet on the ground 

But maybe 🤔 if Jim has identified a wee gem of a striker from Ireland when the window opens, Someone in the mould of a Robbie Keane would do it,  

We could easily do the cup double and finish top 3  🏆🏆 :guinness