Hibernian v St Mirren Premiership 23/12/20

shull

I'm finding it difficult to go along with the optimism expressed by some about last night's game. Thought there were too many of our players who didn't play to form. McGrath and Erhahon never exerted any control of the game in midfield, Erwin did very little upfront and Mason struggled all game before his sending-off. Disappointing because up till now I've thought he was a decent find, but last night he was the one who was found out! I also didn't think Shaughnessy had his best game for us.

Thought Durmus and Obika were going to change things when they came on, but each of them squandered a good chance then dropped out of the game again. No real spark against a Hibs team which didn't look all that great, apart from Nisbet's goal which was a quality finish. Only to be expected from someone with his reputation, though you could argue that the ball shouldn't have got to him in the first place.

I'm not usually so critical of our lads, but I have to say it as I saw it. Hopefully the spark and belief will be back when we go to Dingwall at the weekend.

As always, COYS!!

We were off the pace last night - too many sloppy passes and poor decisions. That being said we could have taken a point Away from home against the team 3rd in the League so let's not beat ourselves up for a performance that didn't quite reach recent heights. It's fine margins and last night Hibs were on a game and we weren't. Onwards and upwards.

4 minutes ago, Sonny said:

We were off the pace last night - too many sloppy passes and poor decisions. That being said we could have taken a point Away from home against the team 3rd in the League so let's not beat ourselves up for a performance that didn't quite reach recent heights. It's fine margins and last night Hibs were on a game and we weren't. Onwards and upwards.

Overall I agree except I don't think Hibs were on their game. 

6 minutes ago, Ethan said:

We were off the pace last night. It is no coincidence that we missed JDH. He is invaluable to the team. There is a need to clear out our misfiring strikers apart from Obika. We need someone like Nisbet who can sniff out a chance 

The problem is Hibs would have forked out a reasonable fee, we wont. 

Much harder to dig up a decent striker when shopping around the bargain basement. 

Much harder to dig up a decent striker when shopping around the bargain basement. 
It's OK, Okay will no doubt have a few top notch strikers stashed away behind all that bog roll.

5 hours ago, faraway saint said:

Agreed. Goals cost money, and we don’t have it compared to what others can pay.

We have to take punts, like Dennis, based on what they’ve done and hope that translates to our league. More often than not (and not just us) it fails.

We got lucky with Tommo, while Higdon was much maligned. Apart from them, struggling to recall a ‘top’ striker. However, always wondered why we’ve never produced one? We love producing midfielders!